Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Learn Spanish Advice?

Old 08-25-2010, 01:10 PM   #1
BPachom is on a distinguished road

BPachom's Tacoma Gallery
Learn Spanish Advice?

Would like to learn Spanish and someone suggested "Rosetta Stone" software. Anyone use this product before? Anyone use something else?

Would like to learn the language on my own time, any suggestions?

Thanks!
Bob
Old 08-25-2010, 01:22 PM   #3

BPachom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colton View Post
I used Rosetta Stone and it was great, easiest way IMO to learn a new language.

Colton,

Did you purchase all levels (1-5)?
How far does level one take you?
Is the Rosetta Stone system teach the language quickly?

Please let me know,
Thanks!
Old 08-25-2010, 01:23 PM   #4
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
move to los angeles
Old 08-25-2010, 01:25 PM   #5
Major91 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMajor91 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMajor91 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMajor91 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMajor91 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMajor91 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMajor91 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMajor91 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMajor91 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMajor91 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMajor91 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Major91's Tacoma Gallery
LA? Naaaaa....to far......just move to Southbridge Mass!
Old 08-25-2010, 01:39 PM   #6
Reagan/Bush '84
Colton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Dependant  (Father had 24 yrs on the Eisenhower, Ordinance Officer)
Name: Colton
Colton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPachom View Post
Colton,

Did you purchase all levels (1-5)?
How far does level one take you?
Is the Rosetta Stone system teach the language quickly?

Please let me know,
Thanks!
I purchased level 1 and 2, which was sufficient for me because I knew I was going to take a course on it the next year. 1 and 2 are perfect for the essentials and getting a feel for the language, and you can communicate pretty well. In Spanish levels 1 and 2, you will learn something for example "I want to go out tomorrow and wash the truck, and then go to the store" but you obviously won't have all the info as it is only levels 1 and 2.

It taught me very quickly, a whole lot faster than a classroom setting would. I learned about twice the amount that I would have elsewhere IMO.
Old 08-25-2010, 01:54 PM   #7

BPachom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colton View Post
I purchased level 1 and 2, which was sufficient for me because I knew I was going to take a course on it the next year. 1 and 2 are perfect for the essentials and getting a feel for the language, and you can communicate pretty well. In Spanish levels 1 and 2, you will learn something for example "I want to go out tomorrow and wash the truck, and then go to the store" but you obviously won't have all the info as it is only levels 1 and 2.

It taught me very quickly, a whole lot faster than a classroom setting would. I learned about twice the amount that I would have elsewhere IMO.

Thank you for the information and your opinion.