Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Prius Available pkg 2,5,6

Old 07-04-2008, 03:01 PM   #1
Eat My Dirt
Siafu is a jewel in the roughSiafu is a jewel in the roughSiafu is a jewel in the rough

Siafu's Tacoma Gallery
Prius Available pkg 2,5,6

Hey I work at a dealership and just wanna get the word out that we have about ten prius available for sale.
you can call or email me for details.

cell. 612.386.3498
email. haugen483@gmail.com

Chris
I-10 Toyota
Indio, CA
Old 07-06-2008, 07:29 PM   #2
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
No offense man, but I'm getting 42-47mpg in my 98 all-gas Corolla that cost me $9 grand. No way in hell I'm paying $23k+ for a Prius that gets about the same or less under normal driving.
Old 07-06-2008, 10:31 PM   #4
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
pittim's Tacoma Gallery
The simple fact of the matter is this; To save fuel, all you need to do is think ahead. Way, way ahead.

- If you see the lights ahead are red, take your foot off the throttle immediately. If you wait and then use your brakes you are simply wasting the fuel you used to achieve a speed you didn't need. Remember, a modern engine uses no fuel at all when it's coasting in gear.

- If your car has cruise control, ignore it. Cruise control is a blunt instrument for Americans. Rely on something more sensitive: your foot. Speaking of which, don't drive in big shoes. They take away the sensitivity you need.

- Think carefully about what electrical appliances you need. Even Terry Wogan takes a dibble of power from the engine. And that's power which is costing you £1.18 a litre.

- Never use your heated rear window unless you can't see a thing. It's the same story with your headlights. And don't use the air conditioning either. Switch it off and in a normal family saloon, your fuel consumption will drop by as much as 12 per cent. That's a big, big saving.

- Next. Speed. Wind it down. You don't need to do 25 mph, but instead of doing 80 on the motorway, try 75. Or if you normally do 120, try 110.

- 56 mph, by the way, really is the optimum speed for good fuel consumption in most cars. Don't try this in villages though or you will have to spend some time in a prison.

- When going downhill, ease your throttle down and work with gravity to build up speed. Then, use that momentum to get you up the other side. Using the throttle going up hill is bad.

- When leaving the lights, accelerate smartly. Not like a bat out of hell. But don't dawdle. Get the car into top gear as quickly as is reasonable. Fifth gear, remember, is no good at all.

- Don't buy a Toyota Prius.
Old 07-07-2008, 12:07 AM   #5
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
You're going to have a hard time in here, but thank you for the heads up. I'm sure they will go quick. I heard the only thing keeping hybrids out of the top spot is their availability.
Old 07-07-2008, 01:09 AM   #6
Eat My Dirt
Siafu is a jewel in the roughSiafu is a jewel in the roughSiafu is a jewel in the rough

Siafu's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by piercedtiger View Post
No offense man, but I'm getting 42-47mpg in my 98 all-gas Corolla that cost me $9 grand. No way in hell I'm paying $23k+ for a Prius that gets about the same or less under normal driving.
thats awsome and i commend you for that. all our priuses on the lot arent 23k the cheapest one is 32k. im in sales its my job to sell. the prius is an expensive toy for most ppl. i have a friend that spent the same amount on a tv and some speakers.
enjoy your corolla. it should last you over a quarter million miles.
either way your driving a toyota.
Old 07-07-2008, 01:12 AM   #7
Eat My Dirt

Siafu's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05TacoTRD View Post
well when you live in a place like i do where you cant spit without hitting a golf coarse and have reserved parking for hybrids and golf carts is right next to the handicap parking its the perfect toy for all the millionaires to buy.
Old 07-07-2008, 01:15 AM   #8
Eat My Dirt

Siafu's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittim View Post
The simple fact of the matter is this; To save fuel, all you need to do is think ahead. Way, way ahead.

- If you see the lights ahead are red, take your foot off the throttle immediately. If you wait and then use your brakes you are simply wasting the fuel you used to achieve a speed you didn't need. Remember, a modern engine uses no fuel at all when it's coasting in gear.

- If your car has cruise control, ignore it. Cruise control is a blunt instrument for Americans. Rely on something more sensitive: your foot. Speaking of which, don't drive in big shoes. They take away the sensitivity you need.

- Think carefully about what electrical appliances you need. Even Terry Wogan takes a dibble of power from the engine. And that's power which is costing you £1.18 a litre.

- Never use your heated rear window unless you can't see a thing. It's the same story with your headlights. And don't use the air conditioning either. Switch it off and in a normal family saloon, your fuel consumption will drop by as much as 12 per cent. That's a big, big saving.

- Next. Speed. Wind it down. You don't need to do 25 mph, but instead of doing 80 on the motorway, try 75. Or if you normally do 120, try 110.

- 56 mph, by the way, really is the optimum speed for good fuel consumption in most cars. Don't try this in villages though or you will have to spend some time in a prison.

- When going downhill, ease your throttle down and work with gravity to build up speed. Then, use that momentum to get you up the other side. Using the throttle going up hill is bad.

- When leaving the lights, accelerate smartly. Not like a bat out of hell. But don't dawdle. Get the car into top gear as quickly as is reasonable. Fifth gear, remember, is no good at all.

- Don't buy a Toyota Prius.
when you live in socal going slow isnt an option you will be shot.
wanna save on gas dont buy somethin with a v8 engine.

i love when ppl buy themselves a nice prius. its my offset for driving my truck and wasting about 200 a week in gas.
Old 07-07-2008, 01:18 AM   #9
Eat My Dirt

Siafu's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
You're going to have a hard time in here, but thank you for the heads up. I'm sure they will go quick. I heard the only thing keeping hybrids out of the top spot is their availability.
its true. we are marking them up 5 grand and ppl are buying them before they even hit the lot.
its great i love the easy $2,000 I make off each prius i sell.
Old 07-07-2008, 06:57 AM   #10
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siafu View Post
thats awsome and i commend you for that. all our priuses on the lot arent 23k the cheapest one is 32k. im in sales its my job to sell. the prius is an expensive toy for most ppl. i have a friend that spent the same amount on a tv and some speakers.
enjoy your corolla. it should last you over a quarter million miles.
either way your driving a toyota.
Sweet jesus! 32k for a prius!?!? That's almost $6k more than my truck!! I'll buy my truck again, be able to haul whatever I want, and use the $6k I saved to by gas!

In all seriousness though, I would buy a hybrid if it was worth it. Meaning, doesn't cost twice as much as a similar sized gasser, AND got much more mpg. Hell, I might even pay a little more for one if I knew it could get at least 60-80mpg without going to extremes and living on hypermiler forums! It just seems pointless when they are more expensive, and I seem to get what most normal Prius drivers get mpg wise in my gasser.
Old 07-07-2008, 09:36 AM   #11
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by piercedtiger View Post
Great car! I'm second your post, 40mpg w/ my 97 Honda Del Sol. $50 round trip from my house to Maine. I love it.

Siafu, glad your doing well with the Hybrids, more mod money for your truck!
Old 07-07-2008, 09:46 AM   #12
it's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud of

it's in coma's Tacoma Gallery
i am not going to i-10 toyota ever in again, they wanted to sell me an used 2007 prerunner trd off road with 9k for $33,000 i made the guy an offer of 27500 cash, and he told to go and buy a ford ranger instead...fucking idiots...
Old 07-14-2008, 05:36 PM   #13
Eat My Dirt

Siafu's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by it's in coma View Post
i am not going to i-10 toyota ever in again, they wanted to sell me an used 2007 prerunner trd off road with 9k for $33,000 i made the guy an offer of 27500 cash, and he told to go and buy a ford ranger instead...fucking idiots...
well i dont work there anymore. in minnesota now at denny hecker toyota in inver grove heights...your welcome to come here and buy your next truck if you like...