Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Press Charges...yey or ney?

Old 08-29-2010, 07:36 AM   #41
Poodoo
luk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
luk8272's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rme View Post
Definately press charges. Contact the prosecuter and ask that a deal be offered to the offending human. "Send the dog to behaviour modification (at owners expense) and when completed the dog must be given a new and better home, and the owner must pay doggie support for 6 months!" This jackass has no idea what he can be charged with. Personally if I still stood behind a badge I'd hit him with a felony (Harboring a vicious animal and assault with a deadly weapon) to get him to cooperate with the prosecutor and cost him some bucks so he can understand the ramifications of his actions. Maybe even include some classes for the handler to go to at his expense to help him better understand what he did!...I'd like to punch that MF (human) right in the nose---he doesn't deserve it---he earned it!

That would only work if the dogs was previously deemed dangerious or vicious. The breed isn't automatically dangerious/vicious.

OP: Could you describe the attacking dog to me if you don't mind?
examples
*Short and wide 85+lbs
*Taller looking, slinder, under 60lbs
Old 08-29-2010, 07:50 AM   #42
She's got the jimmy legs
Toyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Toyotacrawler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by schiz94 View Post
threatened to sick his dog on your gf? sue the motha. use it in court against him. pics of german shepherd?
Here's a pic from yesterday...4mths old.
Old 08-29-2010, 07:52 AM   #43
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyotacrawler View Post
Here's a pic
Gorgeous dog
Old 08-29-2010, 07:53 AM   #44
She's got the jimmy legs
Toyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Toyotacrawler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by luk8272 View Post
That would only work if the dogs was previously deemed dangerious or vicious. The breed isn't automatically dangerious/vicious.

OP: Could you describe the attacking dog to me if you don't mind?
examples
*Short and wide 85+lbs
*Taller looking, slinder, under 60lbs
Solid red pit...short and stocky not too wide...maybe 75 lbs.
Attacking pit was smaller than the other pit that was on leash.
Old 08-29-2010, 07:54 AM   #45
JTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Flight School
Name: JT
JTaco386's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by w103tws View Post
absolutely!!!

Our dog is part of my family, if anything happened to him, I would pursue it just as I would if it had involved my wife.

What if next time his dog attacks a child for "looking at it wrong" If you have sufficient information on the owner, pursue it!

x2
Pursue it!! Don't let this go!
Old 08-29-2010, 08:15 AM   #46
Asgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Asgard's Tacoma Gallery
Press charges man !
Old 08-29-2010, 08:19 AM   #47
Go Jets GO!!!!!!
DigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud of

Firefighter: Firefighter, WFD, E13, L13, W131/2
DigB's Tacoma Gallery
Press charges to teach that prick a lesson!
Old 08-29-2010, 08:27 AM   #48
Jigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jigzor's Tacoma Gallery
Absolutely.
Old 08-29-2010, 08:39 AM   #50
rcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcbs204's Tacoma Gallery
yes
Old 08-29-2010, 08:48 AM   #51
ppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phuong
ppham444's Tacoma Gallery
He sounds like an ass, I'd press charges.
Old 08-29-2010, 09:09 AM   #52
What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz? CHICKEN?
moto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
moto932's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Press charges. If it were me, The owner of the Pit would be burrying his dog about now.....
x1000.

if my dog was being attacked by a viscous dog i would not hesitate to take action. my dogs are my family, and i will protect my family. i was a gnats ass from taking action at a dog park earlier this year. this lady brought her dog in the dog park and it was immediately causing problems, and after not too long its was attacking another dog(not mine) for no apparent reason. i was heading towards it getting ready to draw my gun when it stopped. anybody know what some consequences of that could be if i, or someone were to shoot a dog attacking another. maybe fire a couple warning shots into the ground first would be better?
Old 08-29-2010, 09:11 AM   #53
WNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed
WNYTACOMA's Tacoma Gallery
You have to press charges, or feel like a schmuck when the thing attacks some kid or other and you read about it or see it on the news and know you didn't do what you should have to maybe help to prevent it.

That dog with that owner pretty much makes it just a matter of time.
Old 08-29-2010, 09:32 AM   #54
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by moto932 View Post
x1000.

if my dog was being attacked by a viscous dog i would not hesitate to take action. my dogs are my family, and i will protect my family. i was a gnats ass from taking action at a dog park earlier this year. this lady brought her dog in the dog park and it was immediately causing problems, and after not too long its was attacking another dog(not mine) for no apparent reason. i was heading towards it getting ready to draw my gun when it stopped. anybody know what some consequences of that could be if i, or someone were to shoot a dog attacking another. maybe fire a couple warning shots into the ground first would be better?
No warning shots - could ricochet and hurt someone else.

There was a story in the last couple of weeks where an off duty cop killed a dog he said was attacking his dog (there was no injury to the dog) and NO action was taken against him. Not sure if it was because he was a cop...
Old 08-29-2010, 09:48 AM   #55
07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
07regtacoman's Tacoma Gallery
This is why I wish Ca had easy CCW.I would of drawn my gun and shot the dog.A pit not on a leash and depending on the owner is a very dangerous weapon.My dog is not going down I guarantee you that.If your on grass or dirt, Can you shoot the ground without ricochet?
Old 08-29-2010, 11:20 AM   #56
Poodoo
luk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
luk8272's Tacoma Gallery
I would just break up the fight as opposed to shooting the animal. For many reasons firing your weapon in a park could be very bad for you. Say you shoot the dog in the head and then you have ricochet. Or another individual sees you pull your weapon, not knowing your intentions and he/she reacts to that. Personally pulling my weapon in public would have to warrant danger to a person I am with. For a dog fight I would just break that up. Not to mention you kill a dog or both depending on how the fight goes you will or could be held responsible, because no matter how bad of an owner they person is they will say that dog was like a child to them. Your dog may be like your family member but its still a dog. I have 3, 2 which are outside and 1 that sleeps in bed with us every night. They are like family to me as well.

Oh and yes a bullet can ricochet in dirt and grass.
Old 08-29-2010, 11:30 AM   #57
TAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Charles
TAKoma907's Tacoma Gallery
Press em'
Old 08-29-2010, 11:40 AM   #58
detnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
detnight's Tacoma Gallery
yes, but don't look at him wrong he might bite too. This is why we carry a walking stick when we go for a walk with our dog................ya never know what is running the streets or parks.....
Old 08-29-2010, 11:47 AM   #59
mall crawlin', web wheelin', concrete cowboy
FlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
FlawedXJ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyotacrawler View Post
Today at the municiple park here in town a pit bull attacked our German Shepherd which is 4 months old. He attacked with no warning...owner had him off leash....and did not attempt to get him off my dog. I had to throw the Right hook to the jaw for the FN Pit to release. The owner of the Pit said that it was our dogs fault for looking at his dog wrong....WTF? Also...he proclaimed that if my girlfriend did not stop following him he would sick the leashed pit (which was larger) on her....(thats a threat!) She was only following to get their tag number because the owner didnt think what his dog did was a big deal. On a side note...the owner said he had control of his mutt...yeah thats obvious...he attacked another dog...thats good control..fn idiot....

So to sum it up...would you or wouldnt you press charges?
Yes, press charges. Last year my neighbors pit bulls got out and ripped up my roommates dogs. At least press charges to cover vet bills if there are any. There was pretty much no chance of the pit bull owner winning. Opelika/Auburn seems to have no tolerance for pit bulls. I think it has become quite a problem here.

Edit: BTW, if you haven't already gone to file the complaints, bring evidence (pics and what not). They are most likely going to tell you to call animal control as well (won't be open on a weekend). having gone through your situation in the same county, I warn you about the process because it will be extremely frustrating to say the least.
Old 08-29-2010, 11:59 AM   #60
snow dude is on a distinguished road

Name: Darius
snow dude's Tacoma Gallery
Yes. Just because the dog attacked your dog.