Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

We're not alone

Old 07-06-2008, 09:07 AM   #1
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
We're not alone

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/autom...ta_tacoma.html WOW you guys! Yet we STILL have the better quality trucks out there!!
Old 07-06-2008, 09:25 AM   #2
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
I say we get everybody from here and Toyota Nation to write an email to them about how great our trucks is.

That article was nothing more than 1000 people with the same problem bitching. If you hate your truck, sell it. Stop whining to some mediocre Consumer Reports wanna be website.
Old 07-06-2008, 11:49 AM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I wonder what a similar report for Ford would look like.
Old 07-06-2008, 11:51 AM   #5
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
I wonder what a similar report for Ford would look like.
me too.......ford,chevy and dodge!!!
Old 07-06-2008, 12:02 PM   #6
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
me too.......ford,chevy and dodge!!!
They dont have enough time and paper to list the problems with Dodge. Dodge like to say that everything that happens to the trucks is because of abuse. I took my Dodge in because the AC was leaking into the cab. They reluctantly fixed it, but told me that it was because when I was off roading I compressed the front tire enough that it smashed the AC drain tuce on the fire wall. I grabbed the guy, took him to my truck, and asked him "How is that physically possible?". If that would have been the case, my front tire would have had to travel 1.5' rearward, and 1 foot up, takeing out my fender in the procces. Before that, I was at a Circle K and when I started to back out of the parking space, my axel snapped (no kidding). They say that I put it into revers under WOT condition. WHAT!!!??? They fixed it........sorry for the rant....
Old 07-06-2008, 12:10 PM   #7
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
They dont have enough time and paper to list the problems with Dodge. Dodge like to say that everything that happens to the trucks is because of abuse. I took my Dodge in because the AC was leaking into the cab. They reluctantly fixed it, but told me that it was because when I was off roading I compressed the front tire enough that it smashed the AC drain tuce on the fire wall. I grabbed the guy, took him to my truck, and asked him "How is that physically possible?". If that would have been the case, my front tire would have had to travel 1.5' rearward, and 1 foot up, takeing out my fender in the procces. Before that, I was at a Circle K and when I started to back out of the parking space, my axel snapped (no kidding). They say that I put it into revers under WOT condition. WHAT!!!??? They fixed it........sorry for the rant....
One buddy of mine bought a Dodge with a turbodiesel-engine blew at 26000 miles. Another buddy bought a 2001 Dakota V-6 and had the entire drivetrain right back to the rear end dump on him! That's what I meant by saying we STILL have the best trucks out there
Old 07-06-2008, 12:19 PM   #8
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunner View Post
One buddy of mine bought a Dodge with a turbodiesel-engine blew at 26000 miles. Another buddy bought a 2001 Dakota V-6 and had the entire drivetrain right back to the rear end dump on him! That's what I meant by saying we STILL have the best trucks out there
yeah.....definitely!!! dodge had some really shitty transmissions a few years back,with the old bodystyle. wonder if they got any better.
Old 07-06-2008, 12:23 PM   #9

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
yeah.....definitely!!! dodge had some really shitty transmissions a few years back,with the old bodystyle. wonder if they got any better.
My '04 Cummins has over 150,000 miles on it, with very few problems. My '04 Dakota would fall apart monthly. And, sadly because I love the vehicle, Our Jeep Diesel has been in the shop just as many times as the Dakota. Wont get rid of it because its a short wheelbse deisel 4x4, and we dont drive it often.
Old 07-06-2008, 12:26 PM   #10

Quote:
My '04 Cummins has over 150,000 miles on it, with very few problems. My '04 Dakota would fall apart monthly. And, sadly because I love the vehicle, Our Jeep Diesel has been in the shop just as many times as the Dakota. Wont get rid of it because its a short wheelbse deisel 4x4, and we dont drive it often.
You got a better truck for sure Chris-the Dodge diesel I mentioned was a '95.
Old 07-06-2008, 12:29 PM   #11

Quote:
You got a better truck for sure Chris-the Dodge diesel I mentioned was a '95.
Whew! lol
The Tacoma is my FAVORITE!
Old 07-06-2008, 12:33 PM   #12
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
This article is ridiculous, but it brings up some good points. Toyota should include the entire range of vehicles for the rusted frame issues. Each vehicle should be inspected and decided on independently.

Better to fall on your sword than to be stabbed in the back.

As for the 05+ issues, I see people complaining about the same things we complain about, but nothing troublesome or out of the ordinary for any vehicle. I did notice quite a few issues with the 4 cylinder transmissions (auto and manual). I will say this much - having owned an 2007 2.7L and a 2008 4.0L, the 4.0L V6s and Double Cabs seem to be built to a slightly higher standard. I definitely have fewer issues with my Double Cab V6 than I did with my Access Cab I4.

Toyota should build all of their vehicles up to the highest standard.
Old 07-06-2008, 12:36 PM   #13
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Quote:
I toasted my Jeep Liberty CRD because of the constant issues with the transmission and the torque converter. Too bad - the engine was stout as hell, and was exactly what I wanted (diesel, 4 door, 5K towing, and 25+ MPG).
Old 07-06-2008, 12:40 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007Tacoma View Post
I toasted my Jeep Liberty CRD because of the constant issues with the transmission and the torque converter. Too bad - the engine was stout as hell, and was exactly what I wanted (diesel, 4 door, 5K towing, and 25+ MPG).
I havent heard about the tranny issues. We dont tow with it. Thats what the Ram is for, But, your right! We get 28 mpg, And when 4x4'ing, that litle sucker LOVES to climb! In low range with that little CRD it works great for tight areas.
Old 07-06-2008, 12:41 PM   #15
jonny_jard is on a distinguished road

jonny_jard's Tacoma Gallery
the syncro-mesh is all "F"ed up in my transmission. supposed to get warrantied about a month ago but the dealership miss-placed the parts. still waiting for something to be done about it.
Old 07-06-2008, 01:00 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny_jard View Post
the syncro-mesh is all "F"ed up in my transmission. supposed to get warrantied about a month ago but the dealership miss-placed the parts. still waiting for something to be done about it.
Is that on your Tacoma?
Old 07-06-2008, 01:04 PM   #17

yeah, my 1.5 year old tacoma....
Old 07-06-2008, 01:10 PM   #18

Quote:
yeah, my 1.5 year old tacoma....
Sometimes you gotta lean on them harder to wake them back up! Dealers tend to shove your case to the back burner if they dont hear any type of urgency coming from you
Old 07-06-2008, 01:17 PM   #19

I'm just gonna keep beating the Shat outta the tranny so it becomes a full replacement under warranty. cost them more in the long run and gets me a new tranny (I hope). gotta say though, i'm a little disappointed about the whole shitty tranny situation.
Old 07-06-2008, 01:21 PM   #20

Quote:
I'm just gonna keep beating the Shat outta the tranny so it becomes a full replacement under warranty. cost them more in the long run and gets me a new tranny (I hope). gotta say though, i'm a little disappointed about the whole shitty tranny situation.
Yeah me too-sorry to hear about it! You have a seriously cool truck though! Saw the pics Dont dog the truck! Try to hold their feet to the fire on the original problem.