Judaism 10 0.58%
Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster 117 6.84%
Other (specify) 115 6.72%
Agnostic 243 14.20%
Voters: 1711. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 08:13 AM   #61
Stealer of Souls
Charli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chuck?
Charli's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Every time I go to my Grandmas house in Atlanta a group of Jehovah's Witness always appears sometime over the visit trying to hand out their pamphlet. Last time they left before anyone opened the door because both of our dogs ran over to the door and where barking and growling and whatnot at them. Gotta love Schnauzers and their great judge of character
Once years ago a group of female Jehovah's Witnesses came to our back door. I had just left for work, and hubby thought that it was me coming back to get something but had forgotten my key, so he rolled out of bed and flung the back door wide open absolutely starkers....not to mention with morning wood. We never had JW's come to that house again.

In general, I usually have no problem with any religion as long as no one tries to force their opinions on me--but that one is still priceless.

Old 07-08-2008, 08:32 AM   #62
Arizona Native
RioNovo is just really niceRioNovo is just really niceRioNovo is just really niceRioNovo is just really nice

RioNovo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS. View Post
Are Mormons Christians? I know a lot of people that say no..
A lot of people, Mormons in particular, would insist that they are "Christians", just as Jehovah's Witnesses and other groups also insist they are.

So the question has to be, what exactly is a "Christian"? And the answer comes down to how the word is defined. Do we stick with what the Bible says, or do we add stuff the world (including the so called "religious world") wants us to include in defining the word "Christian"?

Personally I'll go with what the plain text of the Bible reveals to define what it means to be a Christian. At the same time I'm not going to throw stones at those who want to add to that definition extra-Biblical thoughts and ideas, because once stones start to fly any opportunity for truly constructive dialog is lost.

Old 07-08-2008, 08:36 AM   #63
Stealer of Souls
Charli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Charli's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
because once stones start to fly any opportunity for truly constructive dialog is lost.
Extremely well put!

I've always understood Christian to cover all those religions that choose Christ as their savior, so I guess that would be the broadest definition?

Old 07-08-2008, 08:41 AM   #64
Hot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Pat
Hot Tamale's Tacoma Gallery
Charli-that story about your husband is priceless!

Old 07-08-2008, 09:11 AM   #65
Thinks he's Steve McQueen
squad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Marc
squad314's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Tamale View Post
Charli-that story about your husband is priceless!
Absolutely!....

Old 07-08-2008, 09:12 AM   #66
Arizona Native
RioNovo is just really niceRioNovo is just really niceRioNovo is just really niceRioNovo is just really nice

RioNovo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charli View Post
..I've always understood Christian to cover all those religions that choose Christ as their savior, so I guess that would be the broadest definition?
It depends entirely on how terms are defined. If a loose definition of the word "Christian" (a word originally used as a derisive term by enemies of Christ to label the much hated "Christ ones", or early followers of Jesus Christ in the city of Antioch) is applied, giving it meaning beyond what the Bible sets forward, then such a definition can apply to just about any person or religious group that wants to be seen under the broad umbrella of what the world thinks of as "Christianity".

On the other hand, if "Christian" is defined solely according to what the Bible tells us, then much if not most of what the world sees as religious "Christianity" will prove false.

Again, each of us must determine on our own whether to believe and trust the God of the Bible, or to believe and trust the world around us. Most have made that choice in one form or another, and it's clear that for many their choice is a mixed bag of eclectic ideas and soft ideals that they hope will somehow provide what they feel they need out of life.

Old 07-08-2008, 09:16 AM   #67
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
Someone must be JEWISH here?

Old 07-08-2008, 09:24 AM   #68
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charli View Post
Once years ago a group of female Jehovah's Witnesses came to our back door. I had just left for work, and hubby thought that it was me coming back to get something but had forgotten my key, so he rolled out of bed and flung the back door wide open absolutely starkers....not to mention with morning wood. We never had JW's come to that house again.

In general, I usually have no problem with any religion as long as no one tries to force their opinions on me--but that one is still priceless.
that's probably the warmest welcome they've ever had.

Old 07-08-2008, 09:26 AM   #69
Sometimes I drink water...
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
when did the flying spaghetti monster get on there?!?!! i wanna change my vote and the rest of my life for that one!!!!!

Old 07-08-2008, 09:29 AM   #70
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
when did the flying spaghetti monster get on there?!?!! I wanna change my vote and the rest of my life for that one!!!!!
What's your Religion?-cectic.png

Old 07-08-2008, 09:34 AM   #71
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
i would worship that and give it 10% of everything that i ever make...and also blow others up that try to eat or swirl my spaghetti god w/ a fork...

Old 07-08-2008, 09:43 AM   #72
My hair is all natural

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
when did the flying spaghetti monster get on there?!?!! i wanna change my vote and the rest of my life for that one!!!!!
Sorry, you chose your religion, you're going to die with that religion.

Quote:
i would worship that and give it 10% of everything that i ever make...and also blow others up that try to eat or swirl my spaghetti god w/ a fork...
Note to self, eat spaghetti with spork from now on.

Old 07-08-2008, 11:30 AM   #73
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
i was touched by his noodly appendage...

Old 07-08-2008, 11:34 AM   #74
Stealer of Souls

Charli's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you RioNovo, for your elaboration.

Old 07-08-2008, 11:40 AM   #75
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nd View Post
ramen.

Old 07-08-2008, 11:41 AM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
ramen.
haha...perfecto!! repworthy

Old 07-08-2008, 12:37 PM   #77
Unapologetic Texan
sawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to behold

sawdust's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by squad314 View Post
Stated in private and now in public........I would never take pleasure in mocking a childs challenges...Please accept my apology.
I took no offense. I'm sorry if my comment came off too brusque. Initially I just intended to relate to your situation. I thought the joke was clever and used it myself, then I ended up regretting it. That was the initial point. It was only on second thought that I brought my daughter into the conversation.

As I said, I've been learning much more about dyslexia since her diagnosis. The superficial understanding most of us have (as I did until last month) was it was just some sort of letter/word reversal. At that level the joke is clever, but there's more to the condition. Now, however, I understand that it's a deeper issue of wiring in the brain. It's not "wrong". It's different, and has its benefits. Essentially when a dyslexic sees something they don't understand, their brain starts looking at it from many different directions in a very visually real sense to them. It gives them great problem solving skills and as a matter of fact they are statistically of higher IQ than the non-dyslexic population. We're starting my daughter in a special class this fall that teaches reading-specific skills to compensate.

But we're way off the religion topic now...

Old 07-08-2008, 12:42 PM   #78
Unapologetic Texan
sawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to behold

sawdust's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nd View Post
"noodly" was not how Charli described her husband. Aren't you paying attention?

Charli, I hope your hubby doesn't log on here

Old 07-08-2008, 12:48 PM   #79
The Professional
c0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 3rd SFG(A)
c0b2a's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to c0b2a
Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior.... I have faith not a religion, to many evil things have been carry out in the name of religion for me to align myself with any.

Old 07-08-2008, 01:10 PM   #80
Stealer of Souls

Charli's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Charli, I hope your hubby doesn't log on here
He doesn't, but I tell him about anything pertaining to him--he especially liked nd's comment about his photo posted in the "What does everybody look like?" thread.

Just to keep this on topic-ish--Hubby is a lazy Catholic.

Closed Thread