Judaism 10 0.58%
Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster 117 6.84%
Other (specify) 115 6.72%
Agnostic 243 14.20%
Voters: 1711. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 01:00 PM   #1
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
Question What's your Religion?

What's your religion?

Were you raised that way or converted later on?

note: all wrong answers will be banned from the site

Old 07-07-2008, 01:04 PM   #2
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
I can't wait to sue your ass!

Are you interviewing for the next moderator position?

Old 07-07-2008, 01:10 PM   #3
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
BTW, you need to answer your own poll.

I was raised episcopal. I'm agnostic now. I will raise my kids Catholic, because my wife is catholic.

I wrote this a while back...

Yes. I believe in a "God" but I don't follow any religion. I believe that nobody can know 100% there is a "God" and it is the "God" their religion follows. I have faith and I believe in being a "good" person. When I have children, I will raise them Catholic because I feel that most religions will provide people the moral character beyond what I can instill.

Old 07-07-2008, 01:15 PM   #4
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
Agnostic

An agnostic thinks it impossible to know the truth in matters such as God and the future life with which Christianity and other religions are concerned. Or, if not impossible, at least impossible at the present time.

Old 07-07-2008, 01:16 PM   #5
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
This should be good.

I was raised Catholic and kinda left after making confirmation. It was around that time, during a recession, that my local church wanted to construct a new building "to accommodate our ever-growing congregation." We had more people than seats, so I can understand that.

Vigorous fundraising and requests for donations during the recession raised the needed $8 million. The new church construction began.

When it was finished it was absolutely beautiful! And it didn't seat a single person more than the old church.

That's when I realized that the church is nothing but a business run by men with egos who wanted a nicer office. I had questioned many of the teachings growing up, and that was pretty much the end of the line for me.

Anything that teaches decency, good morals, and mutual respect for living beings gets two enthusiastic thumbs up from me. When it moves into the territory of control and omnipotence, it's overstepped its bounds.

Old 07-07-2008, 01:21 PM   #7
Sometimes I drink water...
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by neontrail View Post
Agnostic

An agnostic thinks it impossible to know the truth in matters such as God and the future life with which Christianity and other religions are concerned. Or, if not impossible, at least impossible at the present time.
x2....ditto

almost forgot the other part....i was raised baptist....once i was able to use my own mind, i opted out. there's too much corruption and hypocracy in any organized religion

Old 07-07-2008, 01:28 PM   #8
My hair is all natural

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
I added on agnostic to the poll.

Old 07-07-2008, 01:39 PM   #9
missileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shed
missileman125fw's Tacoma Gallery
Oh my gawd, you opened up a can of worms here!

I was born and raised Catholic until the age of 16. I then CONVERTED to The Assemblies of God. Yes, I became a HolyRoller!! Since I don't feel like typing all night, lets just say, I don't care.
If there is an all Powerful God, why does he let there be so much suffering in this world? Does he let all the other worlds in this universe suffer too? Which is his favorite world? Does he hear all our prayers? And not just this worlds!
Have ya ever noticed that most wars have begun because of RELIGON!
I better stop now...

Old 07-07-2008, 01:41 PM   #10
Bourbon
EquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
EquinsuOcha's Tacoma Gallery
I was raised Baptist, then formed my own opinions and became an apathetic Agnostic.

My views center around one key phrase:

"When God gives you lemons, you find a new god."

Old 07-07-2008, 01:44 PM   #11
missileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shed
missileman125fw's Tacoma Gallery
Let me add that I don't want or need a church or community to tell me how to live my life. Your morales are not my morales. Your values are not my values. Sorry, I'm done now...

Old 07-07-2008, 01:59 PM   #12
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by neontrail View Post
Agnostic

Same here. I was raised this way.

Old 07-07-2008, 03:10 PM   #13
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
I was raised Catholic, but have not been practicing since all the scandal, I must admit I am looking to find one that suites my needs. I feel a lot like Isocoee in the fact that I believe I am a "good" person and do my best in being an example for all. I believe that what "GOD, or supreme being" wants us to be, regardless what we name ourselves.

Old 07-07-2008, 03:16 PM   #14
Robbie will become famous soon enoughRobbie will become famous soon enough

Robbie's Tacoma Gallery
I'm still trying to figure out why there are sooooo many gods and why some people feel the need to fly planes into buildings in the name of their god! I dunno, i shut down on the whole god issue and moved to the mountains.

Old 07-07-2008, 03:20 PM   #15
Thinks he's Steve McQueen
squad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Marc
squad314's Tacoma Gallery
United Church of Canada.....Well put jedi as usual.I think trying to be a good person and teaching my kids to be as well is the important thing.Perfect I ain't,and mistakes made plenty,but I'm cool with where God fits into my families life.I came to the Church later,my wifes family belonged and I've come to enjoy it very much.

Old 07-07-2008, 03:50 PM   #16
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
I was raised Catholic. Catolic school, church. I was an alterboy-and a good one...even did weddings and funerals on Saturdays/Sundays. I was a really good kid-quiet, nice...but STILL got SLAPPED by priests, nuns and literally got my ass kicked by a lay gym coach for what the guy NEXT to me muttered and he thought it was me! All this-in spite of the fact that my parents volunteered loads of time, money and MEAT from my Dad's business for functions! Nuns used to think up creative ways to 'punish' us-like spilling hard navy beans onto the floor and have you walk on your knees over them! Or having you stay after school to have your BARE ass whooped in front of 5 GIRLS who VOLUNTEERED to stay to watch! So we moved to California from Illinois in 1977. I went back to visit my hometown buddies in 1985. That's 8 years. We stopped by the old church to say hi and see whats up-whats the FIRST thing outa the priest's mouth when he sees me and my buddy? "OH hello young men-you are JUST in time to help us PAINT the church....how PERFECT your timing!!!" I havent been to a full mass since. I love God and fear Him, I love Jesus his Son, and I regularly pray to St. Joseph and St. Jude-but I cannot feel that church anymore!

Old 07-07-2008, 04:09 PM   #17
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunner View Post
I was raised Catholic. Catolic school, church. I was an alterboy-and a good one...even did weddings and funerals on Saturdays/Sundays. I was a really good kid-quiet, nice...but STILL got SLAPPED by priests, nuns and literally got my ass kicked by a lay gym coach for what the guy NEXT to me muttered and he thought it was me! All this-in spite of the fact that my parents volunteered loads of time, money and MEAT from my Dad's business for functions! Nuns used to think up creative ways to 'punish' us-like spilling hard navy beans onto the floor and have you walk on your knees over them! Or having you stay after school to have your BARE ass whooped in front of 5 GIRLS who VOLUNTEERED to stay to watch! So we moved to California from Illinois in 1977. I went back to visit my hometown buddies in 1985. That's 8 years. We stopped by the old church to say hi and see whats up-whats the FIRST thing outa the priest's mouth when he sees me and my buddy? "OH hello young men-you are JUST in time to help us PAINT the church....how PERFECT your timing!!!" I havent been to a full mass since. I love God and fear Him, I love Jesus his Son, and I regularly pray to St. Joseph and St. Jude-but I cannot feel that church anymore!
Wow! that is a bleak story, I never had anything as nasty as that, (thankful) I have to admit that I was never subjected to the ugly side of religion, most of the people in my life were decent and kind. I find it appalling that there are people like in your story that claim to be one of GOD's chosen, then there are ordinary folks like you and me who just know what to do, maybe it's not about saying how good we are and where we plan to go after this life, but how we live in the efforts to combat "evil, i.e. the bad stuff" just doing the good thing everyday. I dunno maybe...

Old 07-07-2008, 04:14 PM   #18
Stealer of Souls
Charli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chuck?
Charli's Tacoma Gallery
Hmmmm...I have my own brand of spirituality I suppose. I believe what I believe and that's fairly complicated and most often misunderstood by many, so I won't give it the "popular" label. Let's just say that it's not on the above list, so I just picked "other" .

Almost forgot--I do feel the same way many of you seem to about organized religion though. I wasn't raised as anything at all. Poor Mom tried by taking me to a few different churches, but all that did was scare the crap out of me...

Old 07-07-2008, 04:17 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charli View Post
Hmmmm...I have my own brand of spirituality I suppose. I believe what I believe and that's fairly complicated and most often misunderstood by many, so I won't give it the "popular" label. Let's just say that it's not on the above list, so I just picked "other" .
Were all big folks, so what gives ? remember your among friends

Old 07-07-2008, 04:20 PM   #20
Stealer of Souls
Charli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chuck?
Charli's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
maybe it's not about saying how good we are and where we plan to go after this life, but how we live in the efforts to combat "evil, i.e. the bad stuff" just doing the good thing everyday. I dunno maybe...
Well said. Well said.

Closed Thread