Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

55 Mph speed limit again?

Old 07-07-2008, 05:47 PM   #2
missileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shed
missileman125fw's Tacoma Gallery
I'll continue to drive over the speed limit!
Hey Rob, what are you doing reading a Jacksonville article?
Old 07-07-2008, 05:52 PM   #3
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Well heres what it does; it makes people do 65-70 instead of 75-80. Doing 75-80 or 90-100 which happens regularly here, you ARE using a considerable amount more fuel to the point of wasting it. Especially V8s
Old 07-07-2008, 06:01 PM   #4
Wife thinks I am done Modding truck
Imrubicon is on a distinguished road

Army: Crash rescue\Medivac
Imrubicon's Tacoma Gallery
BUt hey there is no shortage of oil .
Its just high priced .
But there is plenty of it all over for another 20 years its just gonnna cost period
Old 07-07-2008, 06:03 PM   #6
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imrubicon View Post
Its just high priced .
But there is plenty of it all over for another 20 years its just gonnna cost period
Yeah but when demand decreases so do prices
Old 07-07-2008, 06:18 PM   #7
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imrubicon View Post
Its just high priced .
Try, 120 years.
Old 07-07-2008, 10:11 PM   #8
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by missileman125fw View Post
I'll continue to drive over the speed limit!
Hey Rob, what are you doing reading a Jacksonville article?
It's recirculated from my motorcyle forum. I was at NAS Jacksonville about three weeks ago though.
Old 07-07-2008, 10:22 PM   #9
Bourbon
EquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
EquinsuOcha's Tacoma Gallery
NOOOO! So says EquinsuOcha.
Old 07-08-2008, 12:24 AM   #10
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
pittim's Tacoma Gallery
No. I think speed limits should be raised. Many cars are able to do just fine at 5mph over the speed limit. If drivers are uncomfortable driving at that speed, they should slow down.

What really pisses me off is a 35 mph on a 4 lane road. Old country roads without lines have the same speed limit as a 4 lane road. Stupid IMO.
Old 07-08-2008, 12:43 AM   #11
MikeS. will become famous soon enough

MikeS.'s Tacoma Gallery
Been there, didn't do that. It didn't work 34 years ago when I was in high school and it isn't gonna work now.
Old 07-08-2008, 06:53 PM   #12
Beware the Puma...
swatjoe592 is just really niceswatjoe592 is just really niceswatjoe592 is just really niceswatjoe592 is just really niceswatjoe592 is just really nice

swatjoe592's Tacoma Gallery
I did a paper in college praising the benefits of a 55 mph speed limit. IIRC the basis of my stance was fuel usage and increased reaction time or less accidents. I also smoked a little weed, drank from a two-story funnel, and laid down with fat girls.
Point is, I was stupid back then. I've since become a textbook Texan conservative and don't think the feds have any business dictating a state's highways and biways. Of course the feds won't come out and say what to post the limit at, they will just withhold federal 'highway money' from the states that dont play nice with the gubment, but that's another tangent for another time...
Old 07-10-2008, 02:49 AM   #13
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by robrjohnson View Post

I guess I will get bigger tickets(if I get caught). It won't change my driving habits.
Old 07-10-2008, 04:40 AM   #14
My other ride has sails
Roland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Combat Arms Instructor, HQ Detachment, RING
Roland's Tacoma Gallery
Bring it on! Or just ENFORCE the limits already in place.

In RI normal police don't bother policing the highways. The state troopers in won't bother pulling someone over for less than 20 over unless it's a special (and usually advertised) event. Other than rush hour 70 MPH is the norm on our 55 MPH highways and in the areas posted at 65 nearly everyone is doing 75 to 85.