Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Political Correctness

Old 07-07-2008, 07:54 PM   #1
nagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of light

Army: 173rd Airborne, Pathfinder, MACV
Name: George
nagelg's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to nagelg
Political Correctness

This was too good not to pass on:

The following is the winning entry in an annual contest at Texas A&M University calling for the most appropriate definition of a contemporary term.
>
>
>
> This year's term was Political Correctness.The winner wrote:
>
> "Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 07-07-2008, 08:06 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagelg View Post
This was too good not to pass on:

The following is the winning entry in an annual contest at Texas A&M University calling for the most appropriate definition of a contemporary term.
>
>
>
> This year's term was Political Correctness.The winner wrote:
>
> "Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
!!! great find man!!
Old 07-08-2008, 12:33 PM   #3
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
awesome! i hate anything PC!
Old 07-08-2008, 05:30 PM   #4
missileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shed
missileman125fw's Tacoma Gallery
I think this world is too Politically Correct now. We are so afraid to say the wrong thing. Some people are just looking for an excuse to cry foul. For example, I'm half Italian so I can say this. A few years back, some in the Italian community started to moan about the way TV potraits Italians. Like all Italians are in the Mafia. People were getting so upset. I thought it was funny. Who the F_ck cares! Get over it and move on. Remember the Frito Bandito? I thought it was cute. But it had to be removed because it offended some.
I'm not the best at writing my thoughts but you get the point, right?
Anyway, to the Missileman thread...
Old 07-08-2008, 05:36 PM   #5
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by missileman125fw View Post
I think this world is too Politically Correct now. We are so afraid to say the wrong thing. Some people are just looking for an excuse to cry foul. For example, I'm half Italian so I can say this. A few years back, some in the Italian community started to moan about the way TV potraits Italians. Like all Italians are in the Mafia. People were getting so upset. I thought it was funny. Who the F_ck cares! Get over it and move on. Remember the Frito Bandito? I thoght it was cute. But it had to be removed because it offended some.
I'm not the best at writing my thoughts but you get the point, right?
Anyway, to the Missileman thread...
Yrah and lsocoee used to do the Taco Bell commercials without his wig too! But everyone got offended at THAT! Thats why he's here
Old 07-08-2008, 05:41 PM   #6
Unapologetic Texan
sawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to behold

sawdust's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunner View Post
Yrah and lsocoee used to do the Taco Bell commercials without his wig too! But everyone got offended at THAT! Thats why he's here
Thanks for solving that mystery. I knew I recognized him from somewhere.
Old 07-08-2008, 07:43 PM   #7
nagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of light

nagelg's Tacoma Gallery
Wig???...I thought that was his pet muskrat...
Old 07-08-2008, 11:45 PM   #8
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
On a more serious note, check out this UK article on Racist Toddlers.
Old 07-09-2008, 06:42 AM   #9
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
I think alot of people are to focking uptight and cant take a joke. This political correctness is total bullshit, that's why I hang out on this site you guys/gals are awesome and no one gets all butt hurt if someone makes a joke!
Old 07-09-2008, 08:13 AM   #10
Caro-bama alliance
wareaglesc88 is on a distinguished road
wareaglesc88's Tacoma Gallery
PC like any form of censorship is harmful to society. Everyone's got an opinion, and most times the people with the most far out, share it the most. You just take it from who it comes.

It is time we take PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:24 AM   #11
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer J View Post
I think alot of people are to focking uptight and cant take a joke. This political correctness is total bullshit, that's why I hang out on this site you guys/gals are awesome and no one gets all butt hurt if someone makes a joke!
quit shaking that banana at me.

and it's not a wig.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:31 AM   #12
missileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shed
missileman125fw's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wareaglesc88 View Post
PC like any form of censorship is harmful to society. Everyone's got an opinion, and most times the people with the most far out, share it the most. You just take it from who it comes.

It is time we take PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY.
Amen Brotha, I couldn't agree with you more!
Old 07-09-2008, 09:11 AM   #13
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
quit shaking that banana at me.

Now back to topic!
Old 07-09-2008, 11:47 AM   #14
Unapologetic Texan
sawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to behold

sawdust's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by robrjohnson View Post
On a more serious note, check out this UK article on Racist Toddlers.
My 3 year old says 'yuk' to just about anything that isn't peanut butter or hot dogs or steak or french fries. I guess he's prejudiced against just about everybody.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:16 PM   #15

nagelg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawdust View Post
My 3 year old says 'yuk' to just about anything that isn't peanut butter or hot dogs or steak or french fries. I guess he's prejudiced against just about everybody.
Of course, you should immediately report the lad to the proper authorities and get him in for some serious counciling