Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

A Somber Day....

Old 07-08-2008, 01:55 PM   #1
Revived and BACK baby!
joedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant future

Army: Squad Automatic Rifleman, 29th Light Infantry
joedirt's Tacoma Gallery
A Somber Day....

Well,

It is almost a done deal. I stopped by my neighbors' dealership after work and put a deposit down on a 09 Subaru Forester. (Big Sigh)

The only good news is that my dad is buying my truck so it will stay in the family, sort of.

I am really going to miss the truck, but it has become unpractical for our family needs.
Old 07-08-2008, 01:57 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
sorry to hear about you loosing your truck, but putting the family needs first man............awesome!!!
Old 07-08-2008, 02:02 PM   #3
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
how about a double cab???

I like Subarus a lot. If I had to trade in my truck, I'd probably end up with the Forester XT. That thing moves pretty good.
Old 07-08-2008, 02:02 PM   #4
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Life gets in the way but things work out as they should.

You won't regret the Subaru -- they make a sweet product. Any pangs of initial regret will be canceled out by the smiles on your family's faces when you travel. It's definitely not a bad thing.
Old 07-08-2008, 02:04 PM   #5
Revived and BACK baby!
joedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant future

joedirt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
sorry to hear about you loosing your truck, but putting the family needs first man............awesome!!!
This is where my wife would smack me upside the head and say, "See, I told you I was right!" before knocking my beer over, kneeing me in the privates and throwing my keys into the briar patch. (j/k about that last part )

Yes this will be a big change. We'll see what happens.
Old 07-08-2008, 02:05 PM   #6
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by joedirt View Post
This is where my wife would smack me upside the head and say, "See, I told you I was right!" before knocking my beer over, kneeing me in the privates and throwing my keys into the briar patch. (j/k about that last part )

Yes this will be a big change. We'll see what happens.
shhhhhh......dont tell her!!
Old 07-08-2008, 02:05 PM   #7
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Why not one of these instead? Still a four door after all.

Good luck.
Old 07-08-2008, 02:10 PM   #8
Revived and BACK baby!

joedirt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
how about a double cab???

I like Subarus a lot. If I had to trade in my truck, I'd probably end up with the Forester XT. That thing moves pretty good.
She refuses to drive my truck even when she really needs it, like the time she wanted top soil and peat moss. She took her car, tried to wrestle the peat moss brick out of the back seat, it got caught on something and ripped open, peat moss all over the inside her car.

I had mentioned a DB, but she wants something that is easier to park downtown. She can't park very well, either, so that's a negative to a bigger vehicle. Also, the area where her building is has had to get 24 hr security because of the pimps, hookers, drug addicts, shooters, etc. that happen to frequent the NE part of DC.
Old 07-08-2008, 02:14 PM   #9
Revived and BACK baby!

joedirt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05TacoTRD View Post

Good luck.
After 30+ years of driving trucks, going straight to a car would probably give me a heart attack. The Forester is kind've like an inbetween vehicle, although I did tell my wife that we've taken one step closer to the dreaded minivan.
Old 07-08-2008, 02:15 PM   #10
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05TacoTRD View Post

Good luck.
That is a badass ride and on my short list in the event my truck rolls.
Old 07-08-2008, 03:46 PM   #11
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
Life gets in the way but things work out as they should.

You won't regret the Subaru -- they make a sweet product. Any pangs of initial regret will be canceled out by the smiles on your family's faces when you travel. It's definitely not a bad thing.
Well said.

My wife has a Subaru since 2001 and it has been a great car, as much as it sux to lose your truck, this is a viable option, and remember; things change quickly and you could have an 09 Subaru and an 09 Taco, look toward the bright.
Old 07-08-2008, 04:02 PM   #12
Revived and BACK baby!

joedirt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by concrete jedi View Post
Well said.

My wife has a Subaru since 2001 and it has been a great car, as much as it sux to lose your truck, this is a viable option, and remember; things change quickly and you could have an 09 Subaru and an 09 Taco, look toward the bright.
If my wife had her way, I'd be driving a Honda Civic for the rest of my life.

Wait a minute, I WILL be driving a Honda Civic for the rest of my life. Well, its life anyway.

Yes, I get her car and she gets the Subaru.
Old 07-08-2008, 04:06 PM   #13
CometKat is a jewel in the roughCometKat is a jewel in the roughCometKat is a jewel in the rough
CometKat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Well,

It is almost a done deal. I stopped by my neighbors' dealership after work and put a deposit down on a 09 Subaru Forester. (Big Sigh)
My wife has a 02 Forrester that I drive all the time. Itís superior in many was to the Tacoma. I remember one snowy morning about two years ago hauling ass up to the slopes inspired by watching the World Rally Championship on Speed. There is no way a Tacoma could have kept up. You could have done a lot worse.
Old 07-08-2008, 04:15 PM   #14
Revived and BACK baby!

joedirt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CometKat View Post
My wife has a 02 Forrester that I drive all the time. Itís superior in many was to the Tacoma. I remember one snowy morning about two years ago hauling ass up to the slopes inspired by watching the World Rally Championship on Speed. There is no way a Tacoma could have kept up. You could have done a lot worse.
Yes I could've. A Chevy Trailblazer.
Old 07-08-2008, 04:46 PM   #15
Thinks he's Steve McQueen
squad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Marc
squad314's Tacoma Gallery
Hope you're sticking around Joe and not leaving us for some Hussy Subaru forum.
Old 07-08-2008, 05:02 PM   #16
Revived and BACK baby!

joedirt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by squad314 View Post
Hope you're sticking around Joe and not leaving us for some Hussy Subaru forum.
I'll never leave. I'm going to be like nd. Always here.

I'll be trying out stuff on the truck for my dad. My current project is a deep dish grille, ala the satoshi grille.
Old 07-08-2008, 05:03 PM   #17
Unapologetic Texan
sawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to behold

sawdust's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yes, I get her car and she gets the Subaru.
Does she take your nuts out of her purse and let you use them when you really need them?
Old 07-08-2008, 05:36 PM   #18
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
Quote:
After 30+ years of driving trucks, going straight to a car would probably give me a heart attack. The Forester is kind've like an inbetween vehicle, although I did tell my wife that we've taken one step closer to the dreaded minivan.

I know what you mean. My wife and I refuse to get a mini*gag*van, but need something we can fit us and 4 kids in when we have her other daughter or cousin over. We've been thinking about getting a Subaru too when we finally replace the Corolla. Leaning towards a Rav4 with the 3rd row seating, but I've been checking out the Sub's too. Too bad they're usually MUCH more expensive. But being in NY with lots of snow/ice we also want something with AWD or 4WD.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:14 PM   #19
Revived and BACK baby!

joedirt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawdust View Post
Does she take your nuts out of her purse and let you use them when you really need them?
Nuts? What nuts?

I had to get rid of them when we got married!

I've been getting the "Forester is really safe, blah, blah, blah" conversation lately, but she clams up when I bring up the fact she's been driving her car around just fine. Had I been able to see far into the future, I would've gotten a DC and been in a better position to rebuke her arguements, instead of the precarious footing I'm standing on now trying to justify the ACC.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:18 PM   #20
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
kids are small, they can fit in the back of the access cab.