Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

What breed of dog should I get?

Old 09-06-2010, 09:54 AM   #21
Tacoma with the TRI package
TRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tri
TRICOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TRICOMA Send a message via MSN to TRICOMA
Another place to try out besides the shelter if you are looking for a pure breed, reach out to Rescues. Like German Shepherd Rescue, they are all over the place.
Old 09-06-2010, 09:55 AM   #22
madd_dogg is on a distinguished road
Name: Scott
madd_dogg's Tacoma Gallery
I have to vote for GSD! I absolutely adore the breed, but like all pure breeds, you really have to research what kind of stock your puppy comes from. GSD's have been overbred due to massive popularity over the decades and you can get anything from a watered down american "show" dog that has no work drive to an aggressive, nervous, unsteady dog that has no desire to please. If you get a dog from working lines, be prepared to work him. I can guarantee if you get a dog from decent stock, you can pretty much train him to do anything. There may be better protection dogs out there, but I doubt there's any breed as versatile as the GSD.
Old 09-06-2010, 10:00 AM   #23
Jetta1cab is one of the sharper tools in the shedJetta1cab is one of the sharper tools in the shedJetta1cab is one of the sharper tools in the shedJetta1cab is one of the sharper tools in the shedJetta1cab is one of the sharper tools in the shedJetta1cab is one of the sharper tools in the shedJetta1cab is one of the sharper tools in the shedJetta1cab is one of the sharper tools in the shedJetta1cab is one of the sharper tools in the shedJetta1cab is one of the sharper tools in the shedJetta1cab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Patrol Division
Name: Carlos
Jetta1cab's Tacoma Gallery
From personal experience I have to recommend the GSD. From work experience (law enforcement) I'd also have to recommend the Belgian Malinois... very similar to a GSD but more agility and smaller frame. Both are amazing dogs with good amount of years for average life. They are working dogs so you need to keep them busy and be active with them. Excellent natural protectors too for their family unit which is a big plus in my opinion.
Old 09-06-2010, 10:09 AM   #24
mmmmmmbourbon.
xodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

xodeuce's Tacoma Gallery
Hungarian Vizsla. They're great dogs, my wife and I have 2 and wouldn't trade them for anything else. They're amazingly capable field dogs, but at the same time they're great indoors with the family.
Old 09-06-2010, 10:28 AM   #25
If You Search...You Shall Find.
uood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Uniform / Marked Patrol
uood8's Tacoma Gallery
Shelter Dog! If you go in to look around your pretty much guarantee'd to come out with one.

When animal control isn't working i get the lovely job of answering animal calls and take many good dogs to the shelter all the time. Everytime i drop one off i see about 3 i'd like to take home with me.
Old 09-06-2010, 10:33 AM   #27
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I'm a big English Bulldog guy...I know the can have hip and respiratory problems but if you get one from a good breeder those problems aren't as severe Plus there so damn cute! I know your probably looking for more of an energetic dog but just look at this puppy lol...it could end wars its so cute

Old 09-06-2010, 10:34 AM   #28
Tberry5000 will become famous soon enoughTberry5000 will become famous soon enough
Name: Travis
Tberry5000's Tacoma Gallery
Border collie
Old 09-06-2010, 10:44 AM   #29
^^^^ 3%er ^^^^
Packman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Packman73's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post
I'm a big English Bulldog guy...I know the can have hip and respiratory problems but if you get one from a good breeder those problems aren't as severe Plus there so damn cute! I know your probably looking for more of an energetic dog but just look at this puppy lol...it could end wars its so cute

Is that your dog Scott?
Old 09-06-2010, 10:45 AM   #30
Give 'er
wtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
wtbthree's Tacoma Gallery
Take a look at Labradoodles, we have one and she's a fantastic dog. The lab knows when its time to play, but the poodle side is down to chill out
Old 09-06-2010, 10:48 AM   #31
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Definately rescue something. There are tons of dogs from all breeds that desperately need a good home.

Our girls came from The American Bulldog Rescue.

http://americanbulldogrescue.org/
Old 09-06-2010, 10:49 AM   #32
Banned
jjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jesse
jjw1's Tacoma Gallery
get an aussie
Old 09-06-2010, 10:51 AM   #33
RItacoNEWBE is on a distinguished road
Name: Gerard
RItacoNEWBE's Tacoma Gallery
Mutt, all the way. Go to your local shelter and save one or two.One of the best things I ever did. pit mix (nala), shar-pai mix (augustus).
Old 09-06-2010, 10:56 AM   #34
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
This is our latest, Piggy:

Old 09-06-2010, 10:57 AM   #35
She's Fat, I'm Drunk, It's On.
05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed

05 TRD Sport's Tacoma Gallery
Pug
Old 09-06-2010, 10:58 AM   #36
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerfanXD View Post
Is that your dog Scott?
No, just some random one off the Internet but isn't it adorable? Dude I'm getting one as soon as I getta house for sure
Old 09-06-2010, 11:00 AM   #37

JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
No, just some random one off the Internet but isn't it adorable? Dude I'm getting one as soon as I getta house for sure
My wife saw that and melted. If I have to get another dog it is your fault.
Old 09-06-2010, 11:01 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by RItacoNEWBE View Post
Mutt, all the way. Go to your local shelter and save one or two.One of the best things I ever did. pit mix (nala), shar-pai mix (augustus).
this is a great idea as well!
Old 09-06-2010, 11:02 AM   #39
Thread Jacker
schiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Caleb
schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
GERMAN SHEPHERD!!!!!
Old 09-06-2010, 11:04 AM   #40
^^^^ 3%er ^^^^
Packman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Packman73's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ya, Christy was like, 'Tell him to bring that puppy over right now!'