LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Honeymoon ideas?

Old 09-07-2010, 12:47 PM   #1
Redneck from the hills
cbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
cbcs1987's Tacoma Gallery
Honeymoon ideas?

I'm getting married April 30,2011 and we are looking for a place to have our honeymoon. We haven't had a chance to look anywhere specific, but we do know a few things the place must be:

Somewhere tropical
Not a 10 hour flight from here (East Tennessee)
All-inclusive (thats the biggie)
Not a cruise ( I've been on a few. They are nice, just not my thing)
Couples only

Just want yalls input on places you've been. Not just locations, but resorts as well. Maybe even some pictures. Probably not gonna be able to spend over 5-6 grand.
Old 09-07-2010, 12:52 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Ask JDMCQ. He had a ncie vacation in the DR. Pics looked nice too!
Old 09-07-2010, 01:08 PM   #3
LoudDog is on a distinguished road
LoudDog's Tacoma Gallery
costa rica
Old 09-07-2010, 01:11 PM   #4
scottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scottri's Tacoma Gallery
Cayman Islands
Old 09-07-2010, 01:19 PM   #6
headhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

headhunter247's Tacoma Gallery
Riviera Maya Mexico. I went there for my honeymoon last Oct. Stayed at the El Dorado Seaside Suites. I liked it because it was a smaller resort. All inclusive. No buffets which was sweet. We had a swim up room ie 7 ft out the back door was a private pool. It wasn't an arm and a leg either. Straight through flight from ST. Louis. 3 hours. I went through a travel agent. Her companies name is Travel by Gretchen. Google her she in in south Carolina. I know at least 15 people that have gone through her.
Old 09-07-2010, 01:21 PM   #7
headhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

headhunter247's Tacoma Gallery
Oh and we spent right under $3k. $5k is too dang much.
Old 09-07-2010, 01:25 PM   #8
sthrnprd116 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsthrnprd116 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsthrnprd116 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsthrnprd116 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsthrnprd116 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsthrnprd116 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsthrnprd116 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsthrnprd116 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsthrnprd116 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsthrnprd116 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsthrnprd116 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
sthrnprd116's Tacoma Gallery
Me and the wife just got married last November and went to the Sandals in Antigua. It was good but we don't really take advantage of all of the included stuff (i.e. alcohol, butler). The food and amenities were great. We stayed in the Mediterranean side and it was newer/nicer than the other part of the resort. That being said, if you could stomach a 3-4 hour flight and another 6 hour flight I would take the trip to Hawaii. We've been to Kauai a few times (hopefully headed back again in November ) and it is amazing if you like the outdoors and not alot of commercialized stuff. Just my .02. Let me know if you want any info on the Sandals, I def did my research.

Here are some pics from the Sandals Resort in Antigua:

Old 09-07-2010, 01:34 PM   #9
I'm Not Your F***ing Brother
Paul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Paul's TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Take a cruise with Royal Caribbean. That's what my wife and I do every year and did on our honeymoon 7 years ago. you'll probably spend less than 2500.oo with flight and cruise for two, have a real good time. have breakfast/lunch/dinner included everyday. bars galore. entertainment and you'll get to see at least 3 different locations. I've been on 6 cruises and have never regreted any one of them. Good partying too.
Old 09-07-2010, 01:52 PM   #10
Slaughtering goats
emtlibby will become famous soon enough
emtlibby's Tacoma Gallery
Rent a villa in st. thomas. Short flight. US territory. Relatively safe. You can rent a private house with your own pool, grill etc. BEST SNORKELING IN THE WORLD. Amazing beaches, like the ones in corona commericals. You can also rent a jeep, do some offtroading, etc. St. John and the British virgin islands are short ferry rides away. Jost van dyke (a british island), has a bar thats on the honor system! You could go for a week, rent a rediculous villa, and live like kings for under 4k! PM if you want details...
Old 09-07-2010, 02:03 PM   #11
JTO is a glorious beacon of lightJTO is a glorious beacon of lightJTO is a glorious beacon of lightJTO is a glorious beacon of lightJTO is a glorious beacon of lightJTO is a glorious beacon of light

JTO's Tacoma Gallery
DO NOT GO TO THE ATLANTIS RESORT IN THE BAHAMAS!!! that place is a total tourist trap. We had the worst service and everything is terribly overpriced. Not to mention the 15% gratutity tax on EVERYTHING!!! While the scenary is beautiful that is the only thing that this place has going for it.
Old 09-07-2010, 02:14 PM   #12
iSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
iSTIZO99's Tacoma Gallery
We spent our honeymoon week last Christmas in San Pedro, Belize. The fishing and snorkeling was excellent!! Plus got to tour some Mayan ruins on Christmas day which was awesome. It wasn't the all-inclusive type of trip but got my travel and lodging sorted out through a travel agent and we booked our excursions with a local shop when we got there. All in all we spent somewhere in between $3k-$5k.

Didn't really wanna come back home honestly.
Old 09-07-2010, 02:21 PM   #13
HusqyRider is a splendid one to beholdHusqyRider is a splendid one to beholdHusqyRider is a splendid one to beholdHusqyRider is a splendid one to beholdHusqyRider is a splendid one to beholdHusqyRider is a splendid one to beholdHusqyRider is a splendid one to behold
Name: Adam
HusqyRider's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by emtlibby View Post
Rent a villa in st. thomas. Short flight. US territory. Relatively safe. You can rent a private house with your own pool, grill etc. BEST SNORKELING IN THE WORLD. Amazing beaches, like the ones in corona commericals. You can also rent a jeep, do some offtroading, etc. St. John and the British virgin islands are short ferry rides away. Jost van dyke (a british island), has a bar thats on the honor system! You could go for a week, rent a rediculous villa, and live like kings for under 4k! PM if you want details...
I think this is a good choice. On the other hand, Hawaii can be done on the cheap. Each Island is different. I've been to the Big Island and Oahu, and kauai is forthcoming. Get a vacation rental (VRBO.com for example). Avoid the stupid "all inclusive" tours too. Get an unofficial guidebook to the island you choose. No need for a jeep on Oahu, but you'll want for the BI and, perhaps, Kauai.
Old 09-08-2010, 01:21 PM   #14
Redneck from the hills
cbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
cbcs1987's Tacoma Gallery
Lots of good information yall. Thankee. I'm really interested in the St. Thomas idea! Keep 'em coming.
Old 09-08-2010, 02:34 PM   #15
smbundy13 is just really nicesmbundy13 is just really nicesmbundy13 is just really nicesmbundy13 is just really nicesmbundy13 is just really nice

Name: Scott
smbundy13's Tacoma Gallery
we went to the sandals in st. lucia.. it was gorgeous.. well worth it..
what ever you do make sure it is ALL-INCLUSIVE that was the best part.. you could go up to a bar on the resort and order a beer or whatever and then just walk off after you got it..

fantastic
Old 09-10-2010, 06:17 AM   #16
Slaughtering goats
emtlibby will become famous soon enough
emtlibby's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.villasofdistinction.com/villas/st-thomas/

We stayed at Seabright. Which was awesome. But also check out some of the places on St. John. Theres a small one that is on its own private island! You have to take a boat to go anywhere, but its pretty cool.
Old 09-10-2010, 06:53 AM   #17
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
If you're a Costco member, check Costco's vacation packages online. My wife and I got a 7 day stay in Hawaii in a ocean front hotel (Outrigger), flight and rental car for $2K for the both of us. Good deal.
Old 09-10-2010, 07:02 AM   #18
pudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
pudge151's Tacoma Gallery
[quote=headhunter247;2147119]Riviera Maya Mexico. I went there for my honeymoon last Oct....

best bang for your buck right there. my wife and I have been on a few trips, St Thomas, Jamaica, Cozumel, Bahamas... and the Cancun Mexico area is what we like best far and away. except the four seasons in Maui Hawaii... we go back every year now to Cancun. its cheap, tons to do, beaches are nice, water is blue. there are tons on places in cancun itself and a little south is riviera maya, there is aplace called the excellence that is very nice and all inclusive for only 1-2 k a week
Old 09-10-2010, 07:17 AM   #19
dcp17420 is on a distinguished road
Name: Chad
dcp17420's Tacoma Gallery
Couples Swept Away Resort - Jamaica Its All-inclusive, and couples only ! They treat you like a king. I've had two of my friends go. They said it was great ! Im going in March. Its our 1 year anniversary.
Old 09-10-2010, 07:38 AM   #20
pudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
pudge151's Tacoma Gallery
Jamaica was the worst spot we have ever been