LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Rattle snake

Old 09-07-2010, 03:33 PM   #1
Wolfman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWolfman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWolfman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWolfman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWolfman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWolfman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWolfman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWolfman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWolfman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWolfman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWolfman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Wolfman's Tacoma Gallery
Rattle snake

My neighbor called me a little while ago, asking me if I knew how to get rid of snakes. I told him that I typically kill them withh the .22 rifle. Since he coukd not remember where he hid his ammo (children often in the house), i grabbed the Remingotn .22 rifle, and headed down to their house. When I got there, it had curled itself up behind a storage compartment in their garage. I was able to set up a clean shot, and killed it. We of course cut off the rattle. Since it was my kill, I now have my first rattle drying on top of their refrigerator, as an outer band of hermine is totally dumping on us. I'll claim my trophy tomorrow after it has dried out.
Old 09-07-2010, 04:09 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
No pics?
We used to make the rattles into key chains
Old 09-07-2010, 04:15 PM   #3
Wolfman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWolfman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWolfman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWolfman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWolfman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWolfman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWolfman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWolfman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWolfman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWolfman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWolfman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Wolfman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
No pics?
We used to make the rattles into key chains
Not yet. I did not have a camera handy, and the rattle is still on the neighbors refrigerator drying out. I don't think I'll be taking a picture of the snake as the neighbor beheaded it as well when we got it out of the garage. I'll snap a pic of the rattle tomorrow.

I wish I would have remembered the camcorder. It would have made for an awesome youtube video.
Old 09-07-2010, 04:23 PM   #4
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
did it look like this??

i think you have to put it in a cup of salt "the rattle"
thats what i did with my rattle
given to me by a fellow member "ben / fred"
after i stepped on it and it tried to kill me and ben shoot it for me
sorry for the thread jack
Old 09-07-2010, 04:28 PM   #5
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery

Buddy from work.
Old 09-07-2010, 04:30 PM   #6
Science!
AndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AndrewFalk's Tacoma Gallery
That dude is fucking huge.
Old 09-07-2010, 04:30 PM   #7
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
holly crap
Old 09-07-2010, 04:32 PM   #8
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: STEVE
bajamoon's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewFalk View Post
That dude is fucking huge.

no shit. ggggrrrr me like ROIDS lol
Old 09-07-2010, 04:35 PM   #9
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Hahaha. What are you talking about. Thats all muscle milk...

Snakes that big aren't that rare here. Those are survivors. Gotta respect that shit.
Old 09-07-2010, 04:35 PM   #10
Banned
jjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jesse
jjw1's Tacoma Gallery
yah hes a fucking dumb ass!!! i wouldnt dare hold the damn snake yet not even get that close!!! im chicken when it comes to snakes
Old 09-07-2010, 04:36 PM   #11
Science!
AndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AndrewFalk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajamoon View Post
no shit. ggggrrrr me like ROIDS lol
Hahahaha....

And Muscle Milk is delicious.
Old 09-07-2010, 04:38 PM   #12

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilredstud View Post
yah hes a fucking dumb ass!!! i wouldnt dare hold the damn snake yet not even get that close!!! im chicken when it comes to snakes

I wouldn't say dumbass. Those snake poles are like 4 ft long and he has close to the neck. Look at it bending the snake pole though. HEavy fucker.

It can only strike as long as it can move its head. which in that case is like 8 inches or so.
Old 09-07-2010, 04:40 PM   #13
Banned
jjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jesse
jjw1's Tacoma Gallery
yah we had a 5 footer in our yard a few years back but we get cottonmouths in our yard all the time...it sucks ball livin by a hude ass pond
Old 09-07-2010, 06:30 PM   #14
Wolfman's Tacoma Gallery
Mine was a small one. The deluge has paused, so I went down to the house and grabbed the rattle.

Old 09-07-2010, 06:34 PM   #15
Wolfman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalguyracing View Post
did it look like this??

i think you have to put it in a cup of salt "the rattle"
thats what i did with my rattle
given to me by a fellow member "ben / fred"
after i stepped on it and it tried to kill me and ben shoot it for me
sorry for the thread jack
Ours was lighter in color, but otherwise had similar markings.

The site I looked up to see how to preserve the rattle simply said to let it dry out after removing the blood rattle at the end.
Old 09-07-2010, 06:36 PM   #16
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
i hate snakes... saw this bastard a few months ago while hiking

Old 09-08-2010, 11:01 AM   #17
JML50 has much to be proud ofJML50 has much to be proud ofJML50 has much to be proud ofJML50 has much to be proud ofJML50 has much to be proud ofJML50 has much to be proud ofJML50 has much to be proud ofJML50 has much to be proud ofJML50 has much to be proud of

JML50's Tacoma Gallery
That snake is huge and the guy looks like an ostrich...tell him to put legs in the gym rotation.
Old 09-08-2010, 11:12 AM   #18

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfman View Post
Ours was lighter in color, but otherwise had similar markings.

The site I looked up to see how to preserve the rattle simply said to let it dry out after removing the blood rattle at the end.
did you skin the snake and dry it out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JML50 View Post
That snake is huge and the guy looks like an ostrich...tell him to put legs in the gym rotation.
riiiiiiiiiight.
Old 09-08-2010, 11:17 AM   #19
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
lol. Stairmaster FTW!!
Old 09-08-2010, 11:46 AM   #20
RogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant future

Air Force: Aircraft Armament Tech
Name: Rod
RogueLeader's Tacoma Gallery
What happened to the batter and beer? Rattle snake makes for some good eatin'. Skin those bad boys, dip 'em in batter and beer and deep fry. MMM good!