Notices

I知 tying the knot!!!

Old 09-07-2010, 03:51 PM   #1
Coonass
cjd141985 will become famous soon enough

Name: Christopher
cjd141985's Tacoma Gallery
I知 tying the knot!!!

After almost 10 years I am tying the knot in a few more day; the 2 of October! The most stressful part of the whole thing is planning the wedding and making sure everything goes smoothly (feel like tearing out all of my hair because it’s driving me insane!!!). Does anyone have any ideas on how to de-stress the whole thing?????? it’s almost over I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel........
Old 09-07-2010, 03:55 PM   #2
Razorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Razorecko's Tacoma Gallery
I just got recently hitched also. Having spoken on the same worries as you with other couples the saying is true. " The day literally flies "...seriously all this planning and money and at the end of they day when its all done and said it'll be like a 1000lbs just lifted off your shoulders. Oh and than next week your wife is going to be asking you to take out the trash and if you put more money in the bank....sigh...guess what the other couples tell you is also true
Old 09-07-2010, 03:58 PM   #3
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
DONT DO IT!!! Haha, I'm messsin man. Congrats!!!
Old 09-07-2010, 03:59 PM   #4
USFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Medical
Name: Jeff
USFCON's Tacoma Gallery
Make sure you sit and eat at your wedding. Enjoy the alcohol/food/cake! You could spend the entire reception saying hello and whatever to your guests, so make sure you sit and eat.
Another big thing is to delegate... your friends and family are there for you (suppose to be) to help out. Give them things to do to lessen your load.
Old 09-07-2010, 04:01 PM   #5
Old Sheepdog
Primersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Primersinmyshoe's Tacoma Gallery
I got married when I was 25. It's been 31 years and I'm still married (to the same woman).

You'll eventually forget all the wedding stress so here's what I suggest. Do whatever she wants. Say "yes dear" a lot. Don't worry, you be glad you did when you buy that new gun, boat, or other boy toy.

One more thing: Marriage shouldn't take any work. If you have to work at keeping a marriage alive, it's already dead. Marriage should keep you alive, not the other way around.

Be kind.

Good luck.
Old 09-07-2010, 04:08 PM   #7
Razorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Razorecko's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primersinmyshoe View Post
I got married when I was 25. It's been 31 years and I'm still married (to the same woman).

You'll eventually forget all the wedding stress so here's what I suggest. Do whatever she wants. Say "yes dear" a lot. Don't worry, you be glad you did when you buy that new gun, boat, or other boy toy.

One more thing: Marriage shouldn't take any work. If you have to work at keeping a marriage alive, it's already dead. Marriage should keep you alive, not the other way around.

Be kind.

Good luck.
I like that quote. I also heard another quote from a guy that heard i was getting married. He was divorced....he says... " Well, I guess you gotta' try it atleast once in your life " lol
Old 09-07-2010, 04:11 PM   #8
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjd141985 View Post
After almost 10 years I am tying the knot in a few more day
10 years, damn man, you're on the fast track! No need to rush things! Congrats and good luck!
Old 09-07-2010, 04:23 PM   #10
TacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet -11B
Name: Randy
TacoRan's Tacoma Gallery
Our wedding was extremly stressfull. I felt the same way as you do. Families arguing, problems with location, caterer etc..... My advice; ELOPE!
Old 09-07-2010, 04:34 PM   #11
TacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet -11B
Name: Randy
TacoRan's Tacoma Gallery
Seriously the little things are so insignificant. It’s the day that’s important not the details. All you need is for her and the priest to show up and you’re good to go. Oh and you need to be there too. My wife and I laugh now at the things that bothered us back then.
If you’re worried about if you should get married or not well you say you’ve been with her ten years so you probably know what you’re getting into. I dated my wife 7 years before we got hitched and it was the smartest thing I ever did.
Old 09-07-2010, 04:37 PM   #12
Coonass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorecko View Post
I just got recently hitched also. Having spoken on the same worries as you with other couples the saying is true. " The day literally flies "...seriously all this planning and money and at the end of they day when its all done and said it'll be like a 1000lbs just lifted off your shoulders. Oh and than next week your wife is going to be asking you to take out the trash and if you put more money in the bank....sigh...guess what the other couples tell you is also true
I'm sure I will fell the same. I'm ready for the after party because I will know then that it is over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by USFCON View Post
Make sure you sit and eat at your wedding. Enjoy the alcohol/food/cake! You could spend the entire reception saying hello and whatever to your guests, so make sure you sit and eat.
Another big thing is to delegate... your friends and family are there for you (suppose to be) to help out. Give them things to do to lessen your load.
I have a lot of people saving us food, because we have a lot of people coming and after we say hi to everyone it's gonna be late. My older sister didn't even get to eat after her wedding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primersinmyshoe View Post

Be kind.

Good luck.
I don't think I've heard anyone say it better!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoRan View Post
Our wedding was extremly stressfull. I felt the same way as you do. Families arguing, problems with location, caterer etc..... My advice; ELOPE!
We are to far in to Elope. One good thing is that the families haven't started arguing yet (they get along good).
Old 09-07-2010, 04:39 PM   #13
jrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jared
jrdbrn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjd141985 View Post
After almost 10 years I am tying the knot in a few more day; the 2 of October! The most stressful part of the whole thing is planning the wedding and making sure everything goes smoothly (feel like tearing out all of my hair because it痴 driving me insane!!!). Does anyone have any ideas on how to de-stress the whole thing?????? it痴 almost over I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel........
You sound like a woman.
Old 09-07-2010, 04:45 PM   #14
Making changes is always fun
TacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jack
TacoGK's Tacoma Gallery
I have been married for almost 16 yrs. I would do anything in the world for my wife. If something ever happened to her it would crush me. I would more than likely never remarry. I would however become a man whore ......but thats just me.

BTW congratulations. marriage is a wonderful thing if you pick the right person.
Old 09-07-2010, 04:56 PM   #15
Coonass

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdbrn View Post
You sound like a woman.

Old 09-07-2010, 11:16 PM   #16
Dedicated Crew Chief
AKTacoma has a spectacular aura aboutAKTacoma has a spectacular aura about

Air Force: Crew Chief
Name: Chris
AKTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Dude, first of all, congrats! My wife and I got married Oct 3rd of last year, and I can't believe that it's been almost a year! Wedding planning can be stressful, but itl all be over with very soon, and hopefully it'l all turn out great. As far as relieving stress, it just depends on what works for you. My wife and I would kinda get so stressed out about planning everything, we just took a break now and then, took our minds off of it and had fun doing something else. Do whatever it is that works best for you, and def enjoy the big day because its definitely going to be an awesome day! Oh and where are you having the wedding?
Old 09-07-2010, 11:20 PM   #17
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
my wedding was stress free!!! lol

we just went through the drive through chapel haha
Old 09-07-2010, 11:40 PM   #18
MountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bryan
MountainEarth's Tacoma Gallery
Don't forget to pause, and soak it all in, whatever the day brings you two. I can tell you that after 13 years of marriage, it's the screwups that we remember -- and laugh about -- the most. Because those are the things that make it uniquely your day. Cherish it all.
Old 09-08-2010, 12:58 PM   #19
Betty White Edition Heep ZJ
jonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jonny's Tacoma Gallery
CONGRATS
my funeral is april 23rd 2011.
jk
wedding planning can be very stressful. My fiance and I found an all inclusive package at a local golf club. less crap to worry about.just sign the check
We need to find a photographer, priest, and flourist though.

best of luck to you!
Old 09-08-2010, 01:47 PM   #20
jrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jared
jrdbrn's Tacoma Gallery
To be serious though, getting married shouldn't be stressful. Stress turns into arguments. Just slow down. Everything will work out. If not, then oh well... continue on! Our DJ bailed a week before our wedding, so we had to find a quick one. Guy still was rollin CDs that skipped like mad. It was still fun. You'd be surprised how fast 7 AM turns to 10 PM.