1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

I’m tying the knot!!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by cjd141985, Sep 7, 2010.

1. Sep 7, 2010 at 3:51 PM
    cjd141985

cjd141985 [OP] Coonass

Member:
    First Name:
    Christopher
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    Toyota Tacoma Prerunner
    OEM Fog Lights, Towing Package, 1.5" Leveling Kit, Black Badges Mod, OEM Curise Control
    After almost 10 years I am tying the knot in a few more day; the 2 of October! The most stressful part of the whole thing is planning the wedding and making sure everything goes smoothly (feel like tearing out all of my hair because it’s driving me insane!!!). Does anyone have any ideas on how to de-stress the whole thing?????? it’s almost over I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel........

2. Sep 7, 2010 at 3:55 PM
    Razorecko

Razorecko Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 Pyrite DCLB TRD Supercharged
    I just got recently hitched also. Having spoken on the same worries as you with other couples the saying is true. " The day literally flies "...seriously all this planning and money and at the end of they day when its all done and said it'll be like a 1000lbs just lifted off your shoulders. Oh and than next week your wife is going to be asking you to take out the trash and if you put more money in the bank....sigh...guess what the other couples tell you is also true

3. Sep 7, 2010 at 3:58 PM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    DONT DO IT!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek: Haha, I'm messsin man. Congrats!!!

4. Sep 7, 2010 at 3:59 PM
    USFCON

USFCON Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Melbourne, Florida
    Vehicle:
    Prerunner SR5 Off Road
    FLM URD Short Shifter Debadged Gate 4 D-ring add on Weathertech floor mats Sport Wheel Swap Color matched Grill Bed lights Air freshner mod AAL Bilstein x 4 Tacolean Spacer Tins Bike Fork Mount Sexy Tires Blacked out Valence
    Make sure you sit and eat at your wedding. Enjoy the alcohol/food/cake! You could spend the entire reception saying hello and whatever to your guests, so make sure you sit and eat.
    Another big thing is to delegate... your friends and family are there for you (suppose to be) to help out. Give them things to do to lessen your load.

5. Sep 7, 2010 at 4:01 PM
    Primersinmyshoe

Primersinmyshoe Old Sheepdog

Member:
    St. Louis, MO
    Vehicle:
    2020 Limited MGM
    None (yet)
    I got married when I was 25. It's been 31 years and I'm still married (to the same woman).

You'll eventually forget all the wedding stress so here's what I suggest. Do whatever she wants. Say "yes dear" a lot. Don't worry, you be glad you did when you buy that new gun, boat, or other boy toy.

One more thing: Marriage shouldn't take any work. If you have to work at keeping a marriage alive, it's already dead. Marriage should keep you alive, not the other way around.

Be kind.

Good luck.

6. Sep 7, 2010 at 4:04 PM
    98_Mud_bug

98_Mud_bug 98_mud_bug

Member:
    lucedale Ms.
    Vehicle:
    98 tacoma sr5/ 06 x-runner
    3 inch suspension lift, night shades corner and blinkers projector headlights with halos and 3 led's 18 inch kmc xd rockstar wheels,275/65/18 kelly safari tsr's, bush whacker fender flares 7 inch touch screen, 2 kenwood 12's, Magnaflow exaust single in dual out,
    [​IMG]
    get a bottle.. or 2 ha ha jk, congrats man.. best of wishes to you.

7. Sep 7, 2010 at 4:08 PM
    Razorecko

Razorecko Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 Pyrite DCLB TRD Supercharged
    I like that quote. I also heard another quote from a guy that heard i was getting married. He was divorced....he says... " Well, I guess you gotta' try it atleast once in your life " lol

8. Sep 7, 2010 at 4:11 PM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    10 years, damn man, you're on the fast track! No need to rush things! Congrats and good luck!

9. Sep 7, 2010 at 4:13 PM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    Congratulations. :proposetoast:

10. Sep 7, 2010 at 4:23 PM
    TacoRan

TacoRan Well-Known Member

Member:
    ------
    Vehicle:
    -------
    Our wedding was extremly stressfull. I felt the same way as you do. Families arguing, problems with location, caterer etc..... My advice; ELOPE!

11. Sep 7, 2010 at 4:34 PM
    TacoRan

TacoRan Well-Known Member

Member:
    ------
    Vehicle:
    -------
    Seriously the little things are so insignificant. It’s the day that’s important not the details. All you need is for her and the priest to show up and you’re good to go. Oh and you need to be there too. My wife and I laugh now at the things that bothered us back then.
    If you’re worried about if you should get married or not well you say you’ve been with her ten years so you probably know what you’re getting into. I dated my wife 7 years before we got hitched and it was the smartest thing I ever did.

12. Sep 7, 2010 at 4:37 PM
    cjd141985

cjd141985 [OP] Coonass

Member:
    First Name:
    Christopher
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    Toyota Tacoma Prerunner
    OEM Fog Lights, Towing Package, 1.5" Leveling Kit, Black Badges Mod, OEM Curise Control
    I'm sure I will fell the same. I'm ready for the after party because I will know then that it is over.

I have a lot of people saving us food, because we have a lot of people coming and after we say hi to everyone it's gonna be late. My older sister didn't even get to eat after her wedding.

I don't think I've heard anyone say it better!!!

We are to far in to Elope. One good thing is that the families haven't started arguing yet (they get along good).

13. Sep 7, 2010 at 4:39 PM
    jrdbrn

jrdbrn Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    '21 TRD Off Road
    You sound like a woman.

14. Sep 7, 2010 at 4:45 PM
    TacoGK

TacoGK Making changes is always fun

Member:
    First Name:
    Jack
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC trd offroad sr5 debadged
    20% tint JLAudio amp and 12" sub, custom fiberglass tool box, Color matched Satoshi Grille, Anytime Fog light mod, Anytime rearview camera, Leveling kit, Rear spring TSB, Moto Metal MO957 Black, 285/70/17 BFG AT KO, DTRL Stealth mod, Anytime locker mod, Constant power mod.
    I have been married for almost 16 yrs. I would do anything in the world for my wife. If something ever happened to her it would crush me. I would more than likely never remarry. I would however become a man whore :)......but thats just me.

BTW congratulations. marriage is a wonderful thing if you pick the right person.

15. Sep 7, 2010 at 4:56 PM
    cjd141985

cjd141985 [OP] Coonass

Member:
    First Name:
    Christopher
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    Toyota Tacoma Prerunner

:brianr:

16. Sep 7, 2010 at 11:16 PM
    AKTacoma

AKTacoma Dedicated Crew Chief

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Houma, Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma DCLB
    Dude, first of all, congrats! My wife and I got married Oct 3rd of last year, and I can't believe that it's been almost a year! Wedding planning can be stressful, but itl all be over with very soon, and hopefully it'l all turn out great. As far as relieving stress, it just depends on what works for you. My wife and I would kinda get so stressed out about planning everything, we just took a break now and then, took our minds off of it and had fun doing something else. Do whatever it is that works best for you, and def enjoy the big day because its definitely going to be an awesome day! Oh and where are you having the wedding?

17. Sep 7, 2010 at 11:20 PM
    Yoytoda

Yoytoda The Little Truck That Could

Member:
    First Name:
    Roland
    Big Bear,CA / Upstate NY(Saratoga)
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Regular Cab 4x4
    completely stock
    my wedding was stress free!!! lol

we just went through the drive through chapel haha

18. Sep 7, 2010 at 11:40 PM
    MountainEarth

MountainEarth Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD OR Access
    Leer 100XR Shell, BedRug mat - comfy sleeping, GT Covers microfiber seat covers, BFG All Terrains 265/70r16, Dashmat, Antennax 13" shorty antenna, Weathertech liners, Ultra Gauge, Avid Light Bar, PIAA 520 ATPs, one old dog
    Don't forget to pause, and soak it all in, whatever the day brings you two. :) I can tell you that after 13 years of marriage, it's the screwups that we remember -- and laugh about -- the most. Because those are the things that make it uniquely your day. Cherish it all.

19. Sep 8, 2010 at 12:58 PM
    jonny

jonny Betty White Edition Heep ZJ

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    CONGRATS
    my funeral is april 23rd 2011.
    jk
    wedding planning can be very stressful. My fiance and I found an all inclusive package at a local golf club. less crap to worry about.just sign the check:p
    We need to find a photographer, priest, and flourist though.

best of luck to you!

20. Sep 8, 2010 at 1:47 PM
    jrdbrn

jrdbrn Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    '21 TRD Off Road
    To be serious though, getting married shouldn't be stressful. Stress turns into arguments. Just slow down. Everything will work out. If not, then oh well... continue on! Our DJ bailed a week before our wedding, so we had to find a quick one. Guy still was rollin CDs that skipped like mad. It was still fun. You'd be surprised how fast 7 AM turns to 10 PM.

Products Discussed in

To Top