Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Gardening forums?

Old 09-09-2010, 07:25 AM   #41
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nd View Post
Chris, i need to commission you to build a motion detector golf ball launcher turret. it be really nice if you could figure out a way to set the golf balls on fire before they shoot out though. lets put the fear of God in those deer.
No problem. Keep in mind, You'll have to sign my waver....
Old 09-09-2010, 08:40 AM   #42
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
we get decent rain fall (too much during some times of the year) but either way i'll be looking into a decent sprinkler system.
Just give me the dementions of the garden area(s), and I will give you some irrigation ideas...
Old 09-09-2010, 08:46 AM   #43
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
we get decent rain fall (too much during some times of the year) but either way i'll be looking into a decent sprinkler system.

This dude is a total badass jedi irrigation system designer and has an extremely detailed FREE online tutorial of how to design systems:

http://www.irrigationtutorials.com/

I used this to figure out my system (6 zones), and a buddy at work (who is a professional hydraulic engineer) has this too, and totally geeked out on it.

Pressure, distribution design, pipe size and material, you name it. Totally worth it for something you want to do right the first time, especially on a larger property.
Old 09-09-2010, 11:16 AM   #44
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Chris, i need to commission you to build a motion detector golf ball launcher turret. it be really nice if you could figure out a way to set the golf balls on fire before they shoot out though. lets put the fear of God in those deer
Fear of God or fear of TW moderators?
Old 09-09-2010, 01:03 PM   #45
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
No problem. Keep in mind, You'll have to sign my waver....
for some reason when i read that i got the mental image of me siging something in blood.... whether intentional or not

Quote:
Originally Posted by David K View Post
Just give me the dementions of the garden area(s), and I will give you some irrigation ideas...
haven't measured yet, but i'd say maybe 60x30. rough estimate

Quote:
Originally Posted by scocar View Post
This dude is a total badass jedi irrigation system designer and has an extremely detailed FREE online tutorial of how to design systems:

http://www.irrigationtutorials.com/

i'll have to start reading up on that. i'm hoping to make it pretty badass. my buddy is a metal worker, and specialized in iron fencing/railing. i'm thinking about getting him to make me a nice iron fence around it. all i need is the money for metal and a few free weekends

I used this to figure out my system (6 zones), and a buddy at work (who is a professional hydraulic engineer) has this too, and totally geeked out on it.

Pressure, distribution design, pipe size and material, you name it. Totally worth it for something you want to do right the first time, especially on a larger property.
i'll have to start reading up on that. i'm hoping to make it pretty badass. my buddy is a metal worker, and specialized in iron fencing/railing. i'm thinking about getting him to make me a nice iron fence around it. all i need is the money for metal and a few free weekends

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTgirl View Post
Fear of God or fear of TW moderators?
if you ask Chris, there is no difference
Old 09-09-2010, 01:06 PM   #46
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
for some reason when i read that i got the mental image of me siging something in blood.... whether intentional or not

You know....I tried that once when I was younger......My Brother and I made a "Pact"...Turns out, My blood coagulates rather well, and I had to keep poking my finger....It hurt, and I ended up beating my brothers ass anyway.....