Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Anyone help looking for a woodstove.

Old 09-08-2010, 11:54 AM   #1
Hacksaw engineer
Trapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud of

Trapper6speed's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone help looking for a woodstove.

Looking at a cheeper way of heating the main part of the house and i can get as much wood as I need. So I'm thinking about getting a woodburning stove. Any tips?
Old 09-08-2010, 05:32 PM   #3
Hacksaw engineer
Trapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud of

Your kinda far. But why are you getting rid of it. Did it work for you? Or are you upgrading?
Old 09-08-2010, 05:35 PM   #4
Addicted
flightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shed

flightcancled's Tacoma Gallery
Just stay away from anything that is coated in enamel.
Old 09-08-2010, 07:10 PM   #5
Hacksaw engineer

Well everything I'm reading is telling me have a pro install it. I just can't pay someone to do something I can learn to do.
Old 09-08-2010, 08:01 PM   #6
tex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
tex's Tacoma Gallery
We have a pot belly stove at deer camp. It works very well. The cabin is just a metal building similar to what you see at a construction site. It is insulated and the stove sometimes puts off too much heat. I cant remember where we got it from but I want to say it was $100 about 18 years ago. I am sure they cost a lot more now. I think they got it somewhere near Victoria.
I did not help with the instal since I was young but if my uncles can do it you can do it. I did help instal new chimney pipe and it was not hard at all. Just take your time and do a good job.
Old 09-08-2010, 09:05 PM   #7
Addicted
flightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shed

flightcancled's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapper6speed View Post
Well everything I'm reading is telling me have a pro install it. I just can't pay someone to do something I can learn to do.
There is a huge sign at my local stove place that reads

Hourly Labor:

We do it - $25
We let you watch- 50$
We fix something you started- 75$
We let you watch us fix what you started- $125

That said it can't be that hard...
Old 09-08-2010, 09:16 PM   #8
white tacoma is on a distinguished road
white tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
very easy diy get the roof kit and install what pipe size you will be using for the stove you get
Old 09-08-2010, 09:25 PM   #9
Alaskan Assassin
907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bobby
907taco's Tacoma Gallery
make sure you get the right size for the space your putting it in. to big and your gonna get to hot, to small well not enough heat, make sure you place fire retartant material below around the back side on wall etc...... a good fire stoker, shovel, brush, and large tongs......... a nice cozy blanket in front of fire place is good too..... honestly i would pay someone to install the chimney...... cheap insurance for not starting your house on fire.... JMO