Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Anti catalytic converter theft.....

Old 07-11-2008, 10:59 AM   #1
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Anti catalytic converter theft.....

Is there any interest in a anti theaft plate for Cats.? Im going to make one, and it will cover the cats. and the tranny. 1/8" steel, painted, and bolt on install. Target price should be $200.00 to $250.00 + shipping.
Old 07-11-2008, 11:04 AM   #2
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
The price is probably fair, but if I'm going that route, I might as well go with the y pipe.

I think that a lot of people with emissions testing will go this route.
Old 07-11-2008, 11:07 AM   #3
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
+1 definitely a good solution to stop the theft.
Old 07-11-2008, 12:59 PM   #4
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Is there any interest in a anti theaft plate for Cats.? Im going to make one, and it will cover the cats. and the tranny. 1/8" steel, painted, and bolt on install. Target price should be $200.00 to $250.00 + shipping.
I think I'd be interested.
Old 07-11-2008, 04:48 PM   #5
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OK. I'll get on makeing it. I'll post pics when Im done.
Old 07-11-2008, 05:03 PM   #6
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
if i still had my 06.....i'd be down for one!!
Old 07-11-2008, 05:33 PM   #7
\m/.....\m/
ph16drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedph16drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedph16drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedph16drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedph16drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedph16drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedph16drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedph16drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedph16drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedph16drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedph16drive is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
ph16drive's Tacoma Gallery
Just this past week I measured and drew one up so it could be sent through our shop to be punched and bent out of sheetmetal. I added louvers so that the cat's could breathe and not get the armor plate so hot and the paint won't burn off of it. I thought about having it made out of stainless but I didn't want that stolen along with the cats. If you want to see my drawing let me know. The only problem would be that I don't have the plate yet to see how well it fits.
Old 07-11-2008, 05:43 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph16drive View Post
Just this past week I measured and drew one up so it could be sent through our shop to be punched and bent out of sheetmetal. I added louvers so that the cat's could breathe and not get the armor plate so hot and the paint won't burn off of it. I thought about having it made out of stainless but I didn't want that stolen along with the cats. If you want to see my drawing let me know. The only problem would be that I don't have the plate yet to see how well it fits.
I thought about useing sheet meatal too, but it wont offer much protection when off roading. My choice to use 1/8" will offer plenty of ventilation, while also protecting the tranny and exhaust from a big impact. I like your idea, though!
Old 07-11-2008, 05:51 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph16drive View Post
Chris, did you use 1/8" for your fuel tank plate? I'm going to work on that one next.
Yep! I added some braceing on the uderside, and some stratigicaly placed bends to give it more strength.
Old 05-20-2009, 08:10 PM   #12
t-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t-frax's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Chris4x4 just happen to come across this post....was wondering if you ever made the skid for the cats? if so any pics? thanks.
Old 05-20-2009, 08:19 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-frax View Post
Hey Chris4x4 just happen to come across this post....was wondering if you ever made the skid for the cats? if so any pics? thanks.
I didnt. After I lost my job, I tightened up the spending. Im still planning on it, but not sure when the time frame for it will be.
Old 05-20-2009, 08:20 PM   #14
t-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t-frax's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
I didnt. After I lost my job, I tightened up the spending. Im still planning on it, but not sure when the time frame for it will be.
sorry to hear bout the job bro. hope all turns out well.