Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Civil war

Old 07-11-2008, 07:25 PM   #1
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
Question Civil war

anybody appreciate the great war between the states
Old 07-11-2008, 11:33 PM   #2
Caro-bama alliance
wareaglesc88 is on a distinguished road
wareaglesc88's Tacoma Gallery
Yes. Alot.

I'll leave it be though.
Old 07-12-2008, 07:32 AM   #3
Beware the Puma...
swatjoe592 is just really niceswatjoe592 is just really niceswatjoe592 is just really niceswatjoe592 is just really niceswatjoe592 is just really nice

swatjoe592's Tacoma Gallery
Yes. Very layered though, and difficult, if not impossible to give justice to in this medium.
Old 07-12-2008, 07:46 AM   #4
missileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shed
missileman125fw's Tacoma Gallery
I follow the Naval warfare to a point.
Old 07-12-2008, 09:24 AM   #5
Caro-bama alliance
wareaglesc88 is on a distinguished road
wareaglesc88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by missileman125fw View Post
I saw the Hunley come out of the harbor... the museum is worth a visit too.
Old 07-12-2008, 09:42 AM   #6
Banchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud of

Name: Ron
Banchi94's Tacoma Gallery
I love the history. It shows how passionate we are as Americans...that we stand for what we believe. I lived in Georgia for 6 months while I attended GT, and the battlegrounds really got me a little emotional. Maybe I'm just a softy, but we lost many of our own...still, they fought for what they believed and that stands out so much in my mind.
Old 07-12-2008, 06:57 PM   #7
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Talking

yes absolutely. Dont get me wrong im not biased on the north or south but i see it as a war that was brother against brother. i am currently reading a book on Colonel John Mosby and his courageous rangers that helped repel further onslaughts by the Federal soldiers. It is a great book. However, the civil war in my opinion as well as many historians' was almost won by LEE. Gettysburg and Manassas were killers. Especially Gettysburg. Lee did not stand for slavery which is something that i find very interesting being that he was a virginian plantation owner. Lincoln actually asked lee to fight for the north but lee said that he would never turn his back on the south, especialy virginia. The reason for this thread was to help gain input from fellow civil war coinocier (spelling?) however any war is worth knowing something about so please feel free to add posts about knowledge of any war. I mean after all the south still got the Allman brothers and Nascar
Old 07-12-2008, 06:58 PM   #8

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by missileman125fw View Post
do u know anything about the battle of trafalgar
Old 07-12-2008, 09:07 PM   #9
MikeS. will become famous soon enough

MikeS.'s Tacoma Gallery
I spent my 1st 41 years in Calif. Didn't really get into the civil war too much. My 1st trip East, in 85, went to Gettysburg and was totally impressed. Now that I live here I'm surrounded by the various battlefields of No Va, Md and Pa. Sharpsburg and Antitetam are about 30 minutes away. Manassas is about an hour.

The S. side of the family and Grannie her self said she was kin to Jefferson Davis. Who knows?
Old 07-13-2008, 12:54 AM   #10
Banned
danusa will become famous soon enoughdanusa will become famous soon enough
Army: Para Ranger, Inf. SF CIB
danusa's Tacoma Gallery
You mean the war for Southern Independence. The lawfull secession, The War against Northen Agression, or the late unpleaseantness between the states.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastlytaco View Post
anybody appreciate the great war between the states
Old 07-13-2008, 12:55 AM   #11
Banned
danusa's Tacoma Gallery
Sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastlytaco View Post
do u know anything about the battle of trafalgar
Old 07-13-2008, 10:56 AM   #12

you know it is good to know that there are still people who take a pride in the knowledge of this country's warfare history.
Old 07-13-2008, 11:06 AM   #13
Banned
danusa's Tacoma Gallery
This is more of a contract law question. The Constitution is a contract.
Old 07-13-2008, 01:50 PM   #14
©1975
aaronatl is a splendid one to beholdaaronatl is a splendid one to beholdaaronatl is a splendid one to beholdaaronatl is a splendid one to beholdaaronatl is a splendid one to beholdaaronatl is a splendid one to beholdaaronatl is a splendid one to behold

Name: Cap'n Crunch
aaronatl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS. View Post
I spent my 1st 41 years in Calif. Didn't really get into the civil war too much. My 1st trip East, in 85, went to Gettysburg and was totally impressed. Now that I live here I'm surrounded by the various battlefields of No Va, Md and Pa. Sharpsburg and Antitetam are about 30 minutes away. Manassas is about an hour.

The S. side of the family and Grannie her self said she was kin to Jefferson Davis. Who knows?
see anything spooky at Gettysburg ??
Old 07-13-2008, 05:18 PM   #15
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banchi94 View Post
I love the history. It shows how passionate we are as Americans...that we stand for what we believe. I lived in Georgia for 6 months while I attended GT, and the battlegrounds really got me a little emotional. Maybe I'm just a softy, but we lost many of our own...still, they fought for what they believed and that stands out so much in my mind.

I was out at Stone Mountain park saturday. They have a great 20 minute film on the civil war through the south at Confederate hall (over by the hiking trail, to go up the mountain). Actor Hal Holbrook narrates the film. It is very well done.

Stone Mountain is a great place for civil war history buffs. Lots of good history scattered around the park.
http://www.stonemountainpark.com/default.aspx
Old 07-13-2008, 05:21 PM   #16
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronatl View Post
see anything spooky at Gettysburg ??
i think the entire place is spooky...esp when you tour the battlefields at sunrise with the fog