Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

California Is On Fire And I Can't Wait For Winter

Old 07-12-2008, 12:01 PM   #1
WESTern Alliance: NORCAL COAST
BeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BeefTaco's Tacoma Gallery
California Is On Fire And I Can't Wait For Winter

On a normal year I yearn for summer right after christmas but with all these FIRES and we are not even in peak fire season yet winter can't come soon enough for me. You wake up to a pink sunrise and watch a red sunset at night the amount of ash falling is unreal the Taco needs a bath about every three days you would think it was a abandon truck and the air quality here sucks. My family is full of firefighters with uncles nephews cousins working all over the the state they are all earning there money for sure.
Personnel Committed: 20,443
Fire Engines: 1,516
Hand Crews: 447
Dozers: 294
Water Tenders: 423
Helicopters: 117
Statewide Fire Statistics
Total Fires at Peak: 1,781
Total Fires Contained: 1,459
Total Active Fires: 322
Total Acres Burned: 801,726
Old 07-12-2008, 05:57 PM   #2
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
That news is so grim, I really feel bad for all. I live in New York and the Adirondacks are reported to have as much WAY too much dead debris and "should" have had a fire years ago. Your winters must be easier on you than what ours are, they are f'ing brutal. Keep your chin.
Old 07-12-2008, 06:00 PM   #3
Chomag will become famous soon enough
Chomag's Tacoma Gallery
Man, thats pretty crazy!

Best wishes to you calies, you guys stay safe ya hear!
Old 07-12-2008, 06:13 PM   #4
My other ride has sails
Roland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Combat Arms Instructor, HQ Detachment, RING
Roland's Tacoma Gallery
With all those fires winter will probably bring more mud slides than usual.
Old 07-12-2008, 06:41 PM   #5
PhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Civil Air Patrol (US Air Force Auxiliary)
PhoenixCadet's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to PhoenixCadet
For those of you who've never experienced a firestorm, watch this:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=W6f0vUfrB7A

I made this from pics and videos (a few of which I took) from my area in San Diego during the firestorm we had back in October. We wern't in any immediate danger - the closest it got to us was 4 houses, but over 30 friends lost their houses.

A ton of SDFD guys and Marines from Miramar are up in NORCAL right now helpin' out. God bless 'em all.
Old 07-12-2008, 09:09 PM   #6
MikeS. will become famous soon enough

MikeS.'s Tacoma Gallery
r the Govenator called on Prez Bush to send in active duty troops to help out.
Old 07-12-2008, 09:29 PM   #7
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Beeftaco-God Bless you and your family of heroes buddy! We'll keep them in our prayers here
Old 07-12-2008, 10:05 PM   #8
PhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Local news reports that Australia, New Zeland and Greece are sending firefighting crews to help out.
Old 07-13-2008, 12:10 AM   #9
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunner View Post
Hey Beeftaco-God Bless you and your family of heroes buddy! We'll keep them in our prayers here
well said ridge!!!!
Old 07-13-2008, 08:31 AM   #10
WESTern Alliance: NORCAL COAST
BeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BeefTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by concrete jedi View Post
That news is so grim, I really feel bad for all. I live in New York and the Adirondacks are reported to have as much WAY too much dead debris and "should" have had a fire years ago. Your winters must be easier on you than what ours are, they are f'ing brutal. Keep your chin.
We have a problem here with the oak moth killing oak trees the fires down near Big Sur were fueled by 10s of thousands of dead oak trees that went up in a fire ball certain groups here don't approve of thining our forest
Ya our winters here are a lot easier on us don't know if I could handle that much snow.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:17 PM   #11

Well ladies and gentlemen, fire season has arrived in San Diego (and most of California, too). Woo...

Two fires have broken out between today and yesterday on MCB Camp Pendleton. The first one, which is 100% contained, scorched around 1,400 - 1,900 acres, and the second, a bit smaller. I could see a bit of smoke in the sky yesterday, but these aren't worrying me. They're extremely small and over 20 miles away.

What scares me is the Santa Ana winds that are supposed to arrive in the next few days. It's already hot as hell, and strong winds don't help that.

These are pictures of the November Fire (the one contained on Camp Pendleton):

We'll see how the next few weeks go. If this year's anything like last year, as well as '03, San Diego'll catch hell somewhere between the 19th and 25th.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:11 PM   #12

Two new fires up and Camp Pendleton today, which just merged. Over 1,000 people evacuated, and I could see the huge plume of smoke from my house earlier in the day.

Another new brush fire just broke out a few miles south of me. It's only at an acre or so, but it only started about 30 minutes ago. A friend of mine says she can see it from her house.

We'll see how this goes.
Old 10-13-2008, 09:35 PM   #13

You know it ain't good in your area when the National Weather Service has your current area's forecast listed as "Smoke".

Stupid fire.

Old 10-13-2008, 09:38 PM   #14
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Sucks it starts again
Old 10-13-2008, 09:45 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalman22 View Post
Sucks it starts again
If everything goes as "usual", my area will see something next week.

The Cedar Fire in '03 started on October 25th, and last year, the Witch started on October 21st.

The first (Cedar) and fourth (Witch Creek) largest wildfires in CA history were in my neighborhood.

Fuckfuckfuckfkffkuckfuckfuckfkfufck.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:05 PM   #16
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Damn i still went camping to ocotillo too julian and ramona looked bad fences all melted ash everywhere and when i went to buy firewood they looked at me funny, i said im going to the desert.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:09 PM   #17

Quote:
Damn i still went camping to ocotillo too julian and ramona looked bad fences all melted ash everywhere and when i went to buy firewood they looked at me funny, i said im going to the desert.
There's still a lot in my area that hasn't fully lost the burn look. Then you go into the neighborhood, and see all the vacant lots still, and all the people still rebuilding.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:10 PM   #18
Founder Socaltacomas.com

damn thats sucks for the families rebuilding
Old 10-13-2008, 10:21 PM   #19

Quote:
damn thats sucks for the families rebuilding
Over 30 of my friend's houses are in these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxigmmnxiro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dI7V0wxJHFc

(Made both, I just finished the second one.)
Old 10-14-2008, 08:27 AM   #20
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
between the entire state spontaneously combusting, huge earthquakes, and all the hippies and tools, why would anyone want to live in California?