Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Toyota saves another life -Bad car wreck i witnessed with pics

Old 09-15-2010, 10:58 AM   #1
hookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
hookedontronics's Tacoma Gallery
Toyota saves another life -Bad car wreck i witnessed with pics

So last week i was in las vegas. Took a day trip with my buddy on saturday to the grand canyon, heading down 93S which is a two lane split road with the median (desert) in the middle. So we're doing about 80 heading down this straight road when all of a sudden, about 300 feet in front of us a car coming at us swerves into the median and goes about 30 feet into the air rolling like crazy, parts flying everywhere, huge dust cloud. I mean there were parts everywhere, by far the worst car accident i have ever seen in my life, and it was right in front of us. So we immediately pull over (along with the two cars that were in front of us), and everyone goes running towards the car. I was sure someone was dead, come to find out that when we ran up there was two people coming out fo the car perfectly fine (the two asian kids in the pic). Thank god everyone was okay. I have never seen an accident before where the engine comes out fo the car.
here are the pics (this is after we cleaned everything up and out of the road). Toyota, or what is left of it anyways:

Old 09-15-2010, 10:59 AM   #3
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
WOW! THE ENGINE FELL OUT! HOLY SHIT!
Old 09-15-2010, 12:12 PM   #4
thecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thecoldone06's Tacoma Gallery
Damn! Glad they were ok. Do you know what caused it? Looks like the spare blew out.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:15 PM   #5
Atomic Punk
Apple X C0re has much to be proud ofApple X C0re has much to be proud ofApple X C0re has much to be proud ofApple X C0re has much to be proud ofApple X C0re has much to be proud ofApple X C0re has much to be proud ofApple X C0re has much to be proud ofApple X C0re has much to be proud ofApple X C0re has much to be proud ofApple X C0re has much to be proud of

Name: Josh
Apple X C0re's Tacoma Gallery
Thats one way to pull a motor I guess.. It even landed straight up.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:15 PM   #6
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
Least it wasn't a sports car, they'd be road dust.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:16 PM   #7
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
damn. of all the mvas ive been on i have never seen the entire engine laying next to the car.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:17 PM   #8
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
wonder if it had to do with them riding on a spare?
Old 09-15-2010, 12:21 PM   #9
My Other Truck is an Engine
LtHixson is on a distinguished road
Firefighter: Lieutenant
Name: Matt
LtHixson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew H View Post
damn. of all the mvas ive been on i have never seen the entire engine laying next to the car.
I've been on 16 years, and I don't think I have, either.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:21 PM   #10
scottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scottri's Tacoma Gallery
2005 Motor mounts? Damn, I've never seen anyone rip the motor out like that and I've seen some pretty bad wrecks.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:23 PM   #11
Addicted
flightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shed

flightcancled's Tacoma Gallery
How fast were they going?

Rofl even the battery flew out!
Old 09-15-2010, 12:30 PM   #13
bighungitacoma is on a distinguished road
bighungitacoma's Tacoma Gallery
they had to b goin hella fast or something, cause i was goin about 100 and flipped 7 times and my engine and battery stayed in the car
Old 09-15-2010, 12:33 PM   #15
bronkin is on a distinguished road

Army: 3rd Battalion, 34th Armor
bronkin's Tacoma Gallery
I have been really impressed with toyota safety inside the cage. My son recently wrecked my 05 tundra, pretty bad spin out on rainy highway, and destroyed the front engine area and bed but he and his pregnant wife were not injured in the cab.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:37 PM   #16
Banned
raswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rick
raswank's Tacoma Gallery
and that is the spare, you can see in the pictures right through the alloy wheel.
Old 09-15-2010, 01:09 PM   #17
thecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thecoldone06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by raswank View Post
and that is the spare, you can see in the pictures right through the alloy wheel.
I thought you could to but looking back, it is just the hubcap.
Old 09-15-2010, 01:39 PM   #20
brad88nl is on a distinguished road
Name: Brad
brad88nl's Tacoma Gallery
I bet they were happy to have side curtain air bags for that ride.. Lots of lucky people out there that's for sure!