Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

cant trust anyone these days

Old 07-13-2008, 07:58 AM   #1
famousfernando is on a distinguished road
famousfernando's Tacoma Gallery
cant trust anyone these days

So as some of you may know i got my catalytic converters stolen a couple of weeks ago and i go to the dealer and they gave me a quote of $2,600 so i go to isurance and they cut me a check for $2,100 i have a $500 dedutable this guy i work with says he can get the parts cheaper and he will instal it for me so i said ok he said he can get the parts for $1,800 so i said ok ill give you $1,900 ($100 extra) so later that day i was giving his brother a ride home and he tells me how much the parts really cost him. the parts cost him $1,500 so i call him and ask him how much were the parts again and he says $1,800 and i say ok well can you bring the recipt to work tommorrw and he got quet and started studering "oh the recipt oh yeah ok" 5 min later he calls me and is like ok so you really want to know how much it was and i say yeah and he tells me, and i asked him why did you lie to me and he's like i didnt and tried giving some lame excuses i was what would you guys do? what really sucks is i have to see this guy every day at work.
Old 07-13-2008, 08:02 AM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
What was his reason for liying? Sounds like he is a shit head.
Old 07-13-2008, 08:04 AM   #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
What was his reason for liying? Sounds like he is a shit head.
he said that the dealer he bought the parts from gave him that estimate and that later he called him and gave him the chaeper price
Old 07-13-2008, 08:06 AM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Well......I surly wouldnt trust him as a friend anymore.
Old 07-13-2008, 08:14 AM   #5
Taco969 will become famous soon enoughTaco969 will become famous soon enough

Air Force: AFE
Taco969's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like he just wanted to make a quick buck off ya.
Old 07-13-2008, 08:26 AM   #6
i dont trust him anymore and i should have known he would do this cause he's always tryin to make money i just didnt think he would try to make money off of me
Old 07-13-2008, 08:43 AM   #7
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
If he would lie to you about the price, he's probably lying to you about his ability to install the converter, drop him as a friend and a mechanic.
Old 07-13-2008, 08:54 AM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by concrete jedi View Post
If he would lie to you about the price, he's probably lying to you about his ability to install the converter, drop him as a friend and a mechanic.
yeah your right
Old 07-13-2008, 09:13 AM   #9
lawnrevenge is just really nicelawnrevenge is just really nicelawnrevenge is just really nicelawnrevenge is just really nicelawnrevenge is just really nice

lawnrevenge's Tacoma Gallery
This is why I don't employ friends. They either screw you or claim you're screwing them or both. Don't cats just bolt in? on Toyotas? My dad lost his cat on his 03 taco. Had a new one welded in since the thief ( who was caught and prosecuted) used a sawsall to cut through the pipes rather than unbolt the cat. Either way dad paid alot less than 1500 to get it fixed.
Old 07-13-2008, 09:37 AM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnrevenge View Post
This is why I don't employ friends. They either screw you or claim you're screwing them or both. Don't cats just bolt in? on Toyotas? My dad lost his cat on his 03 taco. Had a new one welded in since the thief ( who was caught and prosecuted) used a sawsall to cut through the pipes rather than unbolt the cat. Either way dad paid alot less than 1500 to get it fixed.
yeah they do just bolt on and i had the bolts tach wellded on the new ones. and i think the cats cost alot cause the truck is pretty new and they dont make after market ones yet so you have to go to the dealer and the dealer is always expensive
Old 07-13-2008, 09:47 AM   #11
lawnrevenge is just really nicelawnrevenge is just really nicelawnrevenge is just really nicelawnrevenge is just really nicelawnrevenge is just really nice

didn't notice you truck is an 07. Yeah, then your price is about right. 1st gen tacos are cheaper. welding the bolts is a great idea. Anything to deter theft.
Old 07-13-2008, 07:27 PM   #12
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnrevenge View Post
didn't notice you truck is an 07. Yeah, then your price is about right. 1st gen tacos are cheaper. welding the bolts is a great idea. Anything to deter theft.

Unfortunately then someone will just sawzall the cats off and you'll have to deal with the welded bolts when it's time to replace them.
Old 07-13-2008, 07:38 PM   #13
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by famousfernando View Post
i dont trust him anymore and i should have known he would do this cause he's always tryin to make money i just didnt think he would try to make money off of me

He probably would have done the same thing to a family member.

I new this guy that sold his own grandmother a piece of crap car for twice what is was worth. And this guy was loaded & didn't need the money. There are people like this everywhere in the world.
Old 07-13-2008, 08:11 PM   #14

Yeah, especially since my dad's cat was cut off and not unbolted. The jerk yanked out the o2 wire too so it was an even bigger headache to fix.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:56 PM   #15
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
if insurance is paying for it, dont skimp, have the dealer do it
Old 07-14-2008, 02:01 PM   #16
nagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of light

Army: 173rd Airborne, Pathfinder, MACV
Name: George
nagelg's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to nagelg
Greed and absolutely no accountability these days. This mentality is why our country is going down the drain.

Things in business I used to do with a handshake 30 years ago now take a 10 page contract written by a lawyer.
Old 07-14-2008, 02:05 PM   #17
do w3rk!
deadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

deadbolt's Tacoma Gallery
Sad to hear a story like this. Who needs frriends anyways when we have tacomaworld. ha.. how did someone steal your catalytic converter?
Old 07-14-2008, 02:08 PM   #18
Lets Do It!
wiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wiscdave's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagelg View Post
Greed and absolutely no accountability these days. This mentality is why our country is going down the drain.

Things in business I used to do with a handshake 30 years ago now take a 10 page contract written by a lawyer.

true...very true.

People try and make more and give less at every opportunity. Some deserve it some don't.

Just like a work here...we hire summer help...and some are not.
Old 07-14-2008, 06:57 PM   #20
Beware the Puma...
swatjoe592 is just really niceswatjoe592 is just really niceswatjoe592 is just really niceswatjoe592 is just really niceswatjoe592 is just really nice

swatjoe592's Tacoma Gallery