Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Warning...........Narcotics check point ahead!

Old 09-17-2010, 06:29 PM   #41
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by TanSR5x4 View Post
idk about 5 minutes to search you. seems like everytime i get pulled over it takes at least an hour to get outta there. thats one of the big problems i have with it. because if a cop is having a bad day or doesnt like you he can do whatever he wants to draw it out

and to this day i havent met a cop who isnt having a bad day. they are always pissed about something

Funny- Cause I've never met a pissed off cop. And it's a roadblock- They wouldn't get away with an hour per car unless they have a reason. A proper dog search takes just about 5 mins. A whole car search can take days, but they have to have a good reason.
Old 09-17-2010, 06:30 PM   #42
Breazeale- Pronounced Brazil
toyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: truck driver 1404
Name: chris
toyotadude5's Tacoma Gallery
dont do drugs and you got nothing to worry about. Simple as that. Good for the police for actually getting something done.
Old 09-17-2010, 06:37 PM   #43
^^^^ 3%er ^^^^
Packman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Packman73's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback View Post
I think thats freakin genius. If you have drugs, take drugs you are accepting the risk of being caught so it is what it is. Dont get upset that the cops are doing there job in a very effective way....
x2. Until it's legal, it's illegal.
Old 09-17-2010, 06:41 PM   #44
Hold my beer and watch this
TanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: William
TanSR5x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Funny- Cause I've never met a pissed off cop. And it's a roadblock- They wouldn't get away with an hour per car unless they have a reason. A proper dog search takes just about 5 mins. A whole car search can take days, but they have to have a good reason.
i was just sayin in general and ok it wasnt everytime i got stopped but ive been searched like 4 or 5 times and they just tore my shit up they never had a k9. and they dont find anything and then they still talk shit and say im lucky and its bullshit

im not saying all cops. but its called probable cause so that means if they want to inconvenience you they can. and in all my cases and many ive heard about they have
Old 09-17-2010, 06:55 PM   #45
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i was just sayin in general and ok it wasnt everytime i got stopped but ive been searched like 4 or 5 times and they just tore my shit up they never had a k9. and they dont find anything and then they still talk shit and say im lucky and its bullshit

im not saying all cops. but its called probable cause so that means if they want to inconvenience you they can. and in all my cases and many ive heard about they have
No it doesn't mean "they can." I'm sure they have an at least half baked reason for searching your car. They may not have clearly outlined it to you- but they aren't required to.

I've walked the "probably cause" line and had to justify my actions...It's not some carte blanch to do whatever a LEO feels like.
Old 09-17-2010, 06:57 PM   #46
BakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Herbie Hancock
BakoTruck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

You do know you can deny them a search, right?
Old 09-17-2010, 07:02 PM   #48
BakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Only to an extent. If they say "I have probable cause to search this vehicle for (insert something here)" You don't get to tell them no. If they just ask "Can I take a look around your car"-then you can say no.
I know. You can't tell him everything.
If you deny search, they will usually bring in a K9, and if the dog indicates something, they can search. Or if they see something. I'm talking more about when they ask.
Old 09-17-2010, 07:03 PM   #49
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Manny
dysfunctnlretard's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Only to an extent. If they say "I have probable cause to search this vehicle for (insert something here)" You don't get to tell them no. If they just ask "Can I take a look around your car"-then you can say no.
not arguing anything here, just a serous questions stemming out of curiosity...If they ask if they can search, and you say no, doesnt your reluctance to comply then serve as a probable cause which allows them to search anyhow?
Old 09-17-2010, 07:04 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by dysfunctnlretard View Post
not arguing anything here, just a serous questions stemming out of curiosity...If they ask if they can search, and you say no, doesnt your reluctance to comply then serve as a probable cause which allows them to search anyhow?
No.
Old 09-17-2010, 07:16 PM   #51
MSUtacoboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMSUtacoboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMSUtacoboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMSUtacoboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMSUtacoboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMSUtacoboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMSUtacoboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMSUtacoboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMSUtacoboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMSUtacoboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMSUtacoboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
MSUtacoboy's Tacoma Gallery
i'm not reading thru this whole thread, but if you would have taken an exit after that sign you would have been in for a big surprise. i've been through these several times.

it's usually one exit between that sign and the mile said on the sign.

never exit.
Old 09-17-2010, 07:16 PM   #52
Taco Lover
tegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tegdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainEarth View Post
That's bullshit. So much for land of the free. Instead of going after the real problem drugs, the real life destroyers like heroin and meth, we waste tax dollars and cop hours, and drag out the dogs to catch people with a few grams of dried plant. But I bet you can get your oxycontin and Robitussin through. Fucking neo-prohibitionist police state. Follow the money people. It's all about power and cash.
^What he said, wake up people alcohol & prescription pills put a lot of money in the pockets of powerful people. They are killing many Americans everyday, much more dangerous than weed.
Old 09-17-2010, 07:17 PM   #53
abides.

Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dysfunctnlretard View Post
No- Your refusal alone does not constitute probably cause. If they say "I think you have drugs in your car- Do you mind if I take a look around" They are probably just being polite and will search anyways. Lots of cops will ask at every stop just to see who will let them and maybe they get lucky.
Old 09-17-2010, 07:19 PM   #54
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tegdog View Post
^What he said, wake up people alcohol & prescription pills put a lot of money in the pockets of powerful people. They are killing many Americans everyday, much more dangerous than weed.
And everyday they have checkpoints for DWI. I don't argue against weed being fairly benign, but it is ILLEGAL (unless you have a prescription, in your name, from a real doctor). It probably should be legalized, but it hasn't yet.
Old 09-17-2010, 07:22 PM   #55
Subd for later..
TacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luis
TacoRun's Tacoma Gallery
I always get a kick out of how the traffic reacts when they post up those signs. As a truck driver with Texas plates on my truck and a border town name on the doors, I'm always getting pulled over for norcotics searches. I have noticed that they are more aggressive when they are searching for the cash. I guess I'm use to it so it dosent bother me. Since I have nothing to hide.
Old 09-17-2010, 07:23 PM   #56
Hold my beer and watch this
TanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: William
TanSR5x4's Tacoma Gallery
i understand you can say no and if you do sometimes they will have to get a warrant that will only take longer and they will still get to search. but from what i have seen a LEO can do whatever he wants. he is the law and he is above it. anything he says will beat your word in court. probable cause can be anything. one time i threw a cigarette out the window and got pulled over and the cop insisted it was a "joint" then searched my whole car after putting me in handcuffs and after he didnt find anything kept threatening that he could close the whole highway if he wanted to and find the joint i threw out. now i know that not all cops would act this way and i dont think i did anything to deserve it cuz im always on my best behavior when dealing with them but all he has to do is say he smelled something or bullshit like that and he can detain you and go all through your shit
Old 09-17-2010, 07:26 PM   #57
abides.

Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i understand you can say no and if you do sometimes they will have to get a warrant that will only take longer and they will still get to search. but from what i have seen a LEO can do whatever he wants. he is the law and he is above it. anything he says will beat your word in court. probable cause can be anything. one time i threw a cigarette out the window and got pulled over and the cop insisted it was a "joint" then searched my whole car after putting me in handcuffs and after he didnt find anything kept threatening that he could close the whole highway if he wanted to and find the joint i threw out. now i know that not all cops would act this way and i dont think i did anything to deserve it cuz im always on my best behavior when dealing with them but all he has to do is say he smelled something or bullshit like that and he can detain you and go all through your shit
Easy lesson here is don't be that guy that throws dead butts out the window and the cop won't pull your over for anything-Littering or MJ...
Had you used an ash tray and not littered- You never woulda have an issue. (Pet peeve of mine...I REALLY hate people ashing/tossing butts out the window) I've placed a couple back into windows when on my bike...
Old 09-17-2010, 07:27 PM   #58

Now, if this guy pulls you over. You're screwed...lol He'll beat the info out of ya.

Old 09-17-2010, 07:28 PM   #59
CorrectionCop is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrectionCop is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrectionCop is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrectionCop is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrectionCop is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrectionCop is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrectionCop is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrectionCop is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrectionCop is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrectionCop is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrectionCop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
CorrectionCop's Tacoma Gallery
Damn that is to funny. That is something right out of the a movie about a crooked town in Texas. I do agree that if people want to act in an illegal manner then you take the risk of getting caught.
Old 09-17-2010, 07:28 PM   #60
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Cops! Run!