LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Warning...........Narcotics check point ahead!

Old 09-17-2010, 03:58 PM   #1
surfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gregg
surfsupl's Tacoma Gallery
Warning...........Narcotics check point ahead!

Returning from a trip along one of our nation’s most highly trafficked interstates, I-20, I happened across this foreboding sign. I didn’t have any bud on me at the time, but if you’re anything like me, you usually take a few bowls with you on road trips. Almost instinctively, I pulled over.
I couldn’t believe what I was seeing. They were going to shut down the entire interstate to check for suspicious vehicles and persons, as if crossing into Louisiana were crossing the Mexican border? Bienvenue en Louisiane, indeed.
After snapping a few shots of the sign, I pulled back onto the highway, ready to take additional pictures once I arrived at the checkpoint. However, the checkpoint never surfaced. Now I understand why:
The local sheriff’s office had established the signs as a “ruse” to direct motorists to exit off the highway after viewing the warning of the upcoming DUI/Narcotics checkpoint. In fact, there was no checkpoint further down I-40. Instead, the sheriff set up a checkpoint at the end of the ramp of the first exit available to motorists after the posted signs, an exit not frequently used since no services were offered at the exit.
Isn’t that some bullshit?
Here’s another quote from the same court case, expressing the court’s distrust of Narcotics Interdiction Checkpoints. The court explains what we already know — how easily these stops can be abused by officers.
A pretextual roadblock has pitfalls that come perilously close to permitting unfettered government intrusion on the privacy interests of all motorists.
We believe that the danger inherent in pretextual roadblocks is the potential for giving police the authority to stop every car on the road, question its driver and passengers under the guise of a legitimate traffic related purpose, and then claim enough reasonable suspicion through, for example, the driver’s expression or answers, to conduct a more thorough search of the stopped individuals and vehicles for drugs with insufficient limitations on police discretion.
So, if you’re looking to take a trip anytime soon, take heed of the map below and, if you see one of these signs, don’t fucking exit. Want more specifics on these checkpoints? Follow the link over to Barry Cooper’s blog.
Old 09-17-2010, 04:02 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Good tactic. I hope a lot of people get caught.

My cousins got caught in Texas moving pot plants. Maybe this is what got them. Hahahahah!
Old 09-17-2010, 04:02 PM   #3
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
I'd just be pissed cause they slowed me down.... Have enough of that going through AZ and Texas for illegals.

I say that's what you get if you carry the stuff around with you.
Old 09-17-2010, 04:04 PM   #4
silverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
silverback's Tacoma Gallery
I think thats freakin genius. If you have drugs, take drugs you are accepting the risk of being caught so it is what it is. Dont get upset that the cops are doing there job in a very effective way....
Old 09-17-2010, 04:05 PM   #5
BSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
BSPDX's Tacoma Gallery
Damn! Texas is a hot spot!
Old 09-17-2010, 04:46 PM   #6
Tilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedTilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedTilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedTilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedTilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedTilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedTilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedTilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedTilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedTilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedTilt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lyle
Tilt's Tacoma Gallery
That's freak'n AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! LMFAO!!!!!

Good for them.
Old 09-17-2010, 05:29 PM   #8
First I derp.. then I herp
mntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Aaron
mntbiker2008's Tacoma Gallery
lol thats awesome
Old 09-17-2010, 05:33 PM   #9
Deltabox's Better Half
himmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sarah
himmie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motive View Post
Damn! Texas is a hot spot!
...everything is bigger in Texas.
Old 09-17-2010, 05:33 PM   #10
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LT, USN
Name: Mark
solus's Tacoma Gallery
if this upsets you maybe you should stop transporting drugs!
Old 09-17-2010, 05:34 PM   #11
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
It's funny how people who are doing illegal shit bitch about how unfair getting caught (or in this case potentially getting caught) is. Good for the PoPo.

As far as this giving them the right to stop every vehicle on the roadway. If they want to stop you they can find a legitimate reason as it stands.
Old 09-17-2010, 05:37 PM   #12
MountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bryan
MountainEarth's Tacoma Gallery
That's bullshit. So much for land of the free. Instead of going after the real problem drugs, the real life destroyers like heroin and meth, we waste tax dollars and cop hours, and drag out the dogs to catch people with a few grams of dried plant. But I bet you can get your oxycontin and Robitussin through. Fucking neo-prohibitionist police state. Follow the money people. It's all about power and cash.
Old 09-17-2010, 05:41 PM   #13
MountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmcq View Post
It's funny how people who are doing illegal shit bitch about how unfair getting caught (or in this case potentially getting caught) is. Good for the PoPo.

As far as this giving them the right to stop every vehicle on the roadway. If they want to stop you they can find a legitimate reason as it stands.
I guess erosion of freedoms is okay with you then?
Old 09-17-2010, 05:42 PM   #14
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainEarth View Post
I guess erosion of freedoms is okay with you then?
How is that an erosion of freedom? Narcotics are illegal.
Old 09-17-2010, 05:43 PM   #15
BakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Herbie Hancock
BakoTruck's Tacoma Gallery
Well, you can get pissed all you want to, but the courts have ruled it legal.

I'm kinda 50/50 on this, it sure does help crack down on drugs and people who shouldn't be driving. But at the same time, I don't like the fact that they can stop you for no reason and ask for I.D. and everything else.

In this day and age, the Police need all of the advantages to help fight all of the crime we have nowadays.
I'm cool with these stops, if you don't have anything illegal in your car, you have nothing to worry about.
But only cool with it as long as they don't do it too much.
Old 09-17-2010, 05:43 PM   #16
Quote:
Originally Posted by knastyknate View Post
i love how people get mad a cops for trying to make the world better for us all...
Exactly how does wasting our tax dollars incarcerating nonviolent offenders make the world a better place? Something is broken with that logic my friend.
Old 09-17-2010, 05:45 PM   #17
Hold my beer and watch this
TanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: William
TanSR5x4's Tacoma Gallery
they are not making it a better place for all of us by pulling over normal people that smoke a little weed. i know its illegal and i dont smoke it but i really dont think that it should be such a big deal to waste so much time and effort on that. even tho that is a pretty good little trick i must admit

the only thing im really pissed about is why are there none of these on the border of mexico???? come on if you wanna find drugs why dont you go to the source and put away the real bad guys?
Old 09-17-2010, 05:45 PM   #18
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmcq View Post
How is that an erosion of freedom? Narcotics are illegal.
Oh are they? Might want to check with your doctor on that one.
Old 09-17-2010, 05:46 PM   #19
Quote:
Originally Posted by TanSR5x4 View Post
the only thing im really pissed about is why are there none of these on the border of mexico???? come on if you wanna find drugs why dont you go to the source and put away the real bad guys?
EXACTLY. There's zero logic at work here.
Old 09-17-2010, 05:49 PM   #20

JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainEarth View Post
Oh are they? Might want to check with your doctor on that one.
OK, non-prescription narcotics are illegal. Is that better, or do I need to list all of the illegal narcotics, perhaps a spreadsheet with columns for illegal and non-illegal, I can highlight things like medicinal marijuana and others that used to be illegal, but you can now get with a prescription. The could be charts and everything!