Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

I had a funny experience the other day

Old 07-14-2008, 04:57 PM   #1
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
I had a funny experience the other day

So a guy I used to work with back when i was in banking is now working at one of the local dealerships as the internet sales manager or whatnot...

anyways...i broke a little tab that holds my power window switches in place and i called him up to order it...keep in mind i already had the part number etc

he knows i'm not going in blind...he orders himself the part and then sells it to me for his cost...sweet...

so when i go to pick it up i drive my truck down there because im already off work...as i pull into the lot i could see the line of salesmen watching my beat up dirty squeaking truck and you could just see them drooling to sell me a new one

i hop out...and about 3 of them head for me...before they even get to me i just kind of wave and say no thanks guys...ive already got a salesman...i just need a plastic trim piece

and they all just kind of stopped and looked at me like i had completely ruined their day

i think im gonna go back this week to buy some spark plugs and maybe get my bud to let me test drive the xrunner they got on the lot...just for shits and giggles
Old 07-14-2008, 05:56 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Lol! :d
Old 07-14-2008, 06:08 PM   #3
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Same thing happens to me as well. Before I can get out of my truck @ Toyota half the sales people there have surrounded my vehicle like vultures around a dead deer.
Old 07-14-2008, 06:14 PM   #4
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05TacoTRD View Post
Same thing happens to me as well. Before I can get out of my truck @ Toyota half the sales people there have surrounded my vehicle like vultures around a dead deer.
i guess i just get a little extra joy in seeing their smiles fall to the ground because when i was shopping for a truck i couldnt pay a salesman to talk to me

now that im rolling in to their dealership in what would appear to the normal person a truck ready to be traded in...what with all the creaks and dents and dirt etc

theyd certainly have their hands full trying to detail it and getting it ready for sale

what kills me is that out of the 4 toyota dealerships nearby...only one ever talked numbers to me...and only 2 of them will sell me parts without "requiring" them install them...the 2 that will sell me parts are the ones where i know someone working there and i have them buy me the parts
Old 07-14-2008, 06:17 PM   #5
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
When I roll up my truck is so damm CLEAN they already know it aint going nowhere
Old 07-14-2008, 06:29 PM   #6
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunner View Post
When I roll up my truck is so damm CLEAN they already know it aint going nowhere
youd think with my outrageous number of stickers and the excessive steel welded and bolted to various parts that that my truck aint goin anywhere either
Old 07-14-2008, 06:31 PM   #7
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

You need to pull your Tazer on 'em! I think that will teach them.
Old 07-14-2008, 06:33 PM   #8
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
You need to pull your Tazer on 'em! I think that will teach them.

haha thatd be pretty funny...but i think i did a good enough number on them as it is...

i do think though that when i go back ill take the patrol car and show up in uniform
Old 07-14-2008, 06:35 PM   #9
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
youd think with my outrageous number of stickers and the excessive steel welded and bolted to various parts that that my truck aint goin anywhere either
AND all the mods too! Do they honestly think you built that truck up to the level it is just to dump it in their lot??
Old 07-14-2008, 06:38 PM   #10
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunner View Post
AND all the mods too! Do they honestly think you built that truck up to the level it is just to dump it in their lot??
apparently

ill get rid of my truck when i can no longer legally own it...meaning...sc is going to have to bring back inspections and its gonna have to fall into such disrepair it wont pass
Old 07-14-2008, 06:40 PM   #11

My Mom and Dad HATE car dealers. Not sure why. One time, we were going to lunch, and I was driveing. I was in my Dodge, and had to stop at the dealer for a part. As I was driveing thru the lot, I slowed down for some dude in a golf cart, and the salesmen started twards the truck. My Mom started yelling for me to go, GO! I rolled down the windows, stopped the truck right there. I pulled my keys and gott out, heading to the parts area. As I wlked off I told the salesmen that My folks were interested in a new Dodge!......I came back to my truck, and My Mom was scrunched down in the seat and there were about 5 sales guys around my truck trying to get my folks to get out and look at a new truck. I shoo'ed the guys away, got in the truck and left. My Mom told me that I was " a real son-of-a-bitch". You know, I never have been asked to drive since.
Old 07-14-2008, 06:41 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
apparently

ill get rid of my truck when i can no longer legally own it...meaning...sc is going to have to bring back inspections and its gonna have to fall into such disrepair it wont pass
Thats the way I feel and thats the way Toy4life feels too! To me the 1st gen dont get old-they get COOL like the older landcruisers and fj's
Old 07-14-2008, 06:53 PM   #13
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
My Mom and Dad HATE car dealers. Not sure why. One time, we were going to lunch, and I was driveing. I was in my Dodge, and had to stop at the dealer for a part. As I was driveing thru the lot, I slowed down for some dude in a golf cart, and the salesmen started twards the truck. My Mom started yelling for me to go, GO! I rolled down the windows, stopped the truck right there. I pulled my keys and gott out, heading to the parts area. As I wlked off I told the salesmen that My folks were interested in a new Dodge!......I came back to my truck, and My Mom was scrunched down in the seat and there were about 5 sales guys around my truck trying to get my folks to get out and look at a new truck. I shoo'ed the guys away, got in the truck and left. My Mom told me that I was " a real son-of-a-bitch". You know, I never have been asked to drive since.
My Mom and Dad where chased out of a local Jeep Dealer by a sales person because they looked at a few Wranglers and did not buy one. Even though the dealer did NOT have what we where looking for. Which ironically was a Jeep for Me (pre Taco ownership). All I wanted was a base model 2 door with Auto, air conditioning, and a CD player. When My Dad told the sales person (who was an idiot and knew nothing about his product ) that He had to leave and to email him if they got a Jeep like we where looking for, the sales person demanded compensation for his "time". My Dad got angry and the sales person left for a minute and came back and said that they had the Jeep that we wanted and he would have it brought down and whatnot. My Dad asked what color it was, the sales peson responded " I dont know, I didnt know it mattered?!".

So at this point they just walk out of the deale with the sales person demanding to know "what about his time". As my parents got in the car he was yelling to never come back. Guess what, I bought my Taco a couple weeks later. Never been back to that dealer. The other times I was there I heard sales people swearing at each other (sales guy calling the receptionist/key girl a goddamn dumb bitch with us 10 feet away). I've also been lied to about vehicle availability by them 4 times (by the MANAGER). I've only been to that dealer 4 times.

This same dealer has had 40 complaints against it with the BBB in the last 3 years. The other Jeep dealer in my area has had 0 in the same amount of time.

/minirant

If anybody in the area is curious which dealer it is, PM me and I will tell you.

Edit:

Its probably a good thing I wasn't there on the last trip. When the sales person started yelling at my Mom I probably would have knocked his teeth out. I have a bad temper, it gets even worse when your rude to a female member of my family.
Old 07-14-2008, 07:07 PM   #14
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
dealership salesmen can be quite ridiculous. before we got rid of the wifes mustang for the accord, we stopped by several places just to look. we stopped at the local nissan place. that was funny as hell!!! as soon as we pull up.......and keeep in mind our windows were closed too.........a friggin salesman was already out the door and talking to us.....like we could hear his sorry ass yakking!!

si i fixed his ass.......told him to go get the keys to a sentra they had there, and as he goes to get the keys........we left!!! i never did go back there!!