Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Where do you mount your GPS?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-22-2010, 12:36 PM   #1
Roll Tide!
travis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
travis9287's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to travis9287
Where do you mount your GPS?

I have tomtom XL and the window mount it came with sucks and it broke. but i really dont even want to mount it on the windshield anyway because im eventually gonna get Subs and i know with what i have in mind it wouldnt never last on the winshield. but anyway. where do you mount yours? and what kinda mount did you use?
Old 09-22-2010, 12:47 PM   #2
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
I found a universal mount on amazon.com for $30ish. It has clips that hook into the drivers side inboard vent. I've had it on for 5k miles. Works well with blackberry, delorme, and droidx, but will open wide for larger units. I wouldn't keep it mounted for rough roads though.
Old 09-22-2010, 12:50 PM   #3
Roll Tide!
travis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
travis9287's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to travis9287
Quote:
Originally Posted by skytower View Post
I found a universal mount on amazon.com for $30ish. It has clips that hook into the drivers side inboard vent. I've had it on for 5k miles. Works well with blackberry, delorme, and droidx, but will open wide for larger units. I wouldn't keep it mounted for rough roads though.
Yeah i found alot of Universal ones i just dont know how they will work once i get it. i cant really find one around my area that would fit mine. so im lookin online. i need it to be able to withstand alot though because thats all it is in alabama, rough roads. haha
Old 09-23-2010, 02:32 PM   #4
Addicted to V8s
Toph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Toph's Tacoma Gallery
I used to stick mine right next to the a-pillar right above the dash...right in the corner.

Now that I use my evo, the rubber case holds it nicely right on top of the steering column, leaning back against the gauges.
Old 09-23-2010, 04:21 PM   #5
everleet is on a distinguished road

everleet's Tacoma Gallery
bottom left of my windshield. not distracting nor do i have to look off the road to see it.
Old 09-23-2010, 04:27 PM   #6
oldkop is on a distinguished road
Name: Gary
oldkop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis9287 View Post
I have tomtom XL and the window mount it came with sucks and it broke. but i really dont even want to mount it on the windshield anyway because im eventually gonna get Subs and i know with what i have in mind it wouldnt never last on the winshield. but anyway. where do you mount yours? and what kinda mount did you use?

Thieves look for the ring a suction cup makes even if you remove the GPS. I bought a bean bag mount that sits on the dashboard and it works very well. Its available on the net.
Old 11-03-2010, 09:57 PM   #7
Qman619 is on a distinguished road
Navy: Radioman
Name: Quyen
Qman619's Tacoma Gallery
GPS mount

Mounted my Garmin next to the cup holder using RAM bracket, also installed the on/off switch right above it.
Attached Thumbnails
Where do you mount your GPS?-dsc01519.jpg   Where do you mount your GPS?-gps.jpg  
Old 11-04-2010, 12:13 PM   #9
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
I have a pro-clip. Unfortunately, I don't think they make it anymore.
There is a Panavise bracket that may allow the same type of mount:
http://www.amazon.com/Panavise-Custo...d=X92FATSUR5GD

Products Discussed in this Thread