LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

New job

Old 07-18-2008, 01:46 PM   #1
Anthony999 is a jewel in the roughAnthony999 is a jewel in the roughAnthony999 is a jewel in the roughAnthony999 is a jewel in the rough

Anthony999's Tacoma Gallery
New job

So I recently just got my first job as a valet at the J.W. Marriot, so I get to drive evry different type of car. And through all those cars, I havent driven one yet that I love as much as the Tacoma. The Mercedes, BMW's, and Porche's just arent as great as I pictured.

And something else I noticed was that NONE of these cars are manual. sometimes we see people pull up in Lambo's, and they have the stupid paddle shifters. All these rich guys need to grow a pair and learn how to drive.
Old 07-18-2008, 01:52 PM   #2
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
My SE-R with paddle shifters would destroy your Taco in any form of race (on pavement).

Having "a pair" has nothing to do with what transmission your car has. A lot of people don't like manuals.
Old 07-18-2008, 01:53 PM   #3
Anthony999 is a jewel in the roughAnthony999 is a jewel in the roughAnthony999 is a jewel in the roughAnthony999 is a jewel in the rough

Im not saying that the paddle shifters arent fast, they are, I just dont like them. And it seems like a lazy alternative to a manual.
Old 07-18-2008, 01:55 PM   #4
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Its more convient for racing. Being able to keep your hand on the wheel and shift using a couple fingers.

Though, if I was buying something fast again, I would buy a Mustang GT 6 speed. Nothing like good ol' American power.
Old 07-18-2008, 02:00 PM   #5

True, im just not a fan of it.

And im not a fan of anything American made either :/ Those Mustangs are freakin fast, dont get me wrong, but if I wanted something fast, I would get an EVO or an STI
Old 07-18-2008, 02:01 PM   #6

Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
I love the Evo 9 (the older ones are ugly). Don't even get me started on the STI. I love those as well.

Theres just something about the Mustang that makes it kick ass. Even though its running a prehistoric suspension, soo much fun to drive.
Old 07-18-2008, 02:09 PM   #7

Ya, a couple guys at my work have the EVO 9. And I prefer the 05-07 STI's. The new ones are ugly to me.

And ive driven a couple of new Mustangs, but nothing special, just rentals :/
Old 07-18-2008, 02:16 PM   #8

Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Local dealer let me test drive a Roush Stage 2 a few months ago. It was nothing short of pure awesomeness.

As far as AWD Turbos go, the 07 STI in white is my favorite.
Old 07-19-2008, 04:43 AM   #9
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05TacoTRD View Post
Though, if I was buying something fast again, I would buy a Mustang GT 6 speed. Nothing like good ol' American power.

Great choice. I owned one of those a loooong time ago, 1982 GT 5.0L HO Hatchback. Fast car! Trying to get up on ramps was nearly impossible!

Anthony999....sounds like a fun job....makes me think of the movie Ferris Bueller.... Those rich dudes tip ya well?
Old 07-19-2008, 07:01 AM   #10
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
J.W. Marriot is a NICE place in Scottsdale..... I used to work at a bakery that made bread for J.W. I once charged them $75 for a 8lb....6foot...Multi colored breaded loaf of bread.

( Was for display on the buffett or something like that)

Most days they would order $600-$800 for assorted breads and rolls.

NIce job u got man, Keep it!
Old 07-19-2008, 08:01 AM   #11
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
I bet you'd have a different view on the BMW's and Porsches if you had them on a track vs going to park them.