Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Swimming lessons

View Poll Results: How many of you know how to swim?
Know how to swim 135 95.74%
Don't know how to swim 6 4.26%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-04-2010, 10:08 PM   #21
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipe View Post
Take the lessons and enjoy

Around these parts you are surrounded by water and all us kids learned to swim before learning to ride a bike

Haha for me it was the other way around.
Old 10-04-2010, 10:41 PM   #22
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
ive probably spent more of my life in water than i have on land lol
Old 10-05-2010, 06:25 PM   #23
That's some tight butthole
malander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: max
malander's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timicha View Post
i was a state champion swimmer in high school and had a state record for a couple years
no way what event?
Old 10-05-2010, 06:48 PM   #24
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
don't know how...never had the opportunity as a kid and now I'm terrified of the water. I've wanted to take lessons for awhile now but just can't seem to bring myself to do it.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:45 PM   #26
Banned
johnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: john
johnw's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to johnw Send a message via Yahoo to johnw
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTgirl View Post
don't know how...never had the opportunity as a kid and now I'm terrified of the water. I've wanted to take lessons for awhile now but just can't seem to bring myself to do it.
come to fl i will teach yah
Old 10-05-2010, 07:54 PM   #27
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I didn't know how to swim until I was about 5 or 6 when my mom had me take lessons because I almost drowned once thanks to this bitch that pushed me in.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:58 PM   #28
Watching Chris4x4 o.O
borderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Royal Canadian Navy: Leading seaman, Electrical Technician, CFFS(E), Pacific Fleet
Name: Jeremy
borderbrat's Tacoma Gallery
always keeping air in your lungs helps. Don't hold your breath just don't let all the air out each time you breath. If your treading water in place do circles with your feet and hands. Angle your hand to give you lift kinda like a helicopter blade. When swimming forward the idea is to push down and back. The faster you go the less you have to push down.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:01 PM   #29
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnw View Post
come to fl i will teach yah
Last guy who tried to teach me nearly got KO'd when I freaked out in the shallow end of a pool. I recommend investing in full body armor before making that offer .
Old 10-05-2010, 08:03 PM   #30
Banned
johnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: john
johnw's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to johnw Send a message via Yahoo to johnw
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTgirl View Post
Last guy who tried to teach me nearly got KO'd when I freaked out in the shallow end of a pool. I recommend investing in full body armor before making that offer .
correction body armor is already built into me. and i think i can teach anybody
Old 10-05-2010, 08:05 PM   #31
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

hahahaha.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:12 PM   #33

MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
...you've been warned...
Old 10-05-2010, 09:03 PM   #34
futuretacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: First Responder, Primary Care Paramedic, Advanced EMT
Name: Andrew
futuretacoowner's Tacoma Gallery
used to be on two swim teams, i love the water. I've been told i could swim before i could walk! hahahaha
Old 10-05-2010, 09:07 PM   #35
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
My mom enrolled me in swimming lessons when I was really young so I actually have no recollection of NOT knowing how to swim. I was amazed to start meeting people who don't know. It has always been second nature to me. Just try and have fun with it and you will love being in the water as much as many of us do! I am actually going to be getting certified as a scuba instructor here in about 6 months which I am super excited for!
Old 10-05-2010, 09:09 PM   #36
SOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Helicopter Pilot - RVN
SOSHeloPilot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
I was a beach/lake/pool lifeguard and swimming instructor all thru high school and college...I was a varsity swimmer...I LOVE being in the water...and that is the best tip I can give you.

Taking lessons you are in a controlled, observed environment-RELAX and pay attention to what they are teaching you. NOT knowing how to swim is the dangerous part....Spending the time to learn and practice can and will save your life some day.

GOOD LUCK!!
... DITTO ... my life was pretty much the same, except no varsity swimming here. Learned to swim at the YMCA at 4 y/o and became a minnow, then fish, then flying fish, then shark, then jr. life saving, then senior life saving, then water safety instructor ... lol

Having a WSI was a big plus in the military, did some of my duty as a lifeguard. ...

If you are around water ...it could very easily save your life in the future.

As you learn to swim, (relax it's easy) you might want to get a senior life saving certificate and learn how to swim/pull people out of the water. That will come in handy to learn how to pull a big & fighting person to safety.

Again, relax and you will do just fine and listen and practice.
Old 10-05-2010, 09:09 PM   #37
Timicha
Timicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TIM
Timicha's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by malander View Post
no way what event?
i swam 50 free, 100 free, and then the 200 and 400 free relay's. also did the medley relay and a lot of back stroke to improve my free style strength.
Old 10-05-2010, 09:13 PM   #38
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I was maybe 7 or 8 years old before I learned to swim. I walked off a boat dock thinking that the water didn't look that deep. The only reason I am still here is my dad saw me go in, never took his eyes off me, and got me out. (thanks Dad!)

I highly recommend you learn to swim. Tomorrow would be best! I don't swim recreationally, but I can get my ass out of the pool when I fall in there!

Anybody reading this that has kids, I don't think it's ever too early to start thinking about swimming lessons.
Old 10-05-2010, 10:35 PM   #39
bigwalton15 is a glorious beacon of lightbigwalton15 is a glorious beacon of lightbigwalton15 is a glorious beacon of lightbigwalton15 is a glorious beacon of lightbigwalton15 is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Jared
bigwalton15's Tacoma Gallery
Learned to swim when I was really young. Been in the water ever since. Its great exercise as well. I swim in the ocean at least 3 times a week. Helps me relax.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:55 PM   #40
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
I kinda know how to swim not good at it, But most importantly I can float. That's all that matters to me.