1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Your daily work routine.....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Janster, Jul 20, 2008.

1. Jul 20, 2008 at 4:26 PM
    pittim

pittim mittip backwards

Member:
    Pennsyltucky
    Vehicle:
    Boujee Prius
    It’sa Lexus, boogie woogie woogie
    So what if your job isn't kicking ass and taking names, having the option to be able to retire at 51 has to be a great feeling!

2. Jul 20, 2008 at 4:32 PM
    Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Rocklin, Ca.
    Vehicle:
    2001 prerunner doublecab limited
    2001 with; cat-back side-swept twin exhaust, elbow mod, Westin bullbar with Hella 450 driving lights, Snugtop XTR camper shell, TRD off-road 2x4-black beauty.
    Thanks man!!:) Yeah you are right on with that! Its just that some guys here have these super dramatic job titles! Well, I certainly do appreciate that sentiment-and I do take pride in what I do there:)

3. Jul 20, 2008 at 4:50 PM
    cleanTRDmachine

cleanTRDmachine watch the meat

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Q-Town, PA
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD
    tint gray camo seat covers debadged color matched grille surround off of 06 TRD sport grillecraft black mesh grille Hella 500's demudflapped Toyota rear leaf TSB (first edition) 265/75/16 BFG AT TA KO's Flowmaster Super 40 #952445 Maglite Mod AntennaX 13in antenna Painted Lower Valance Vision X H4 Xenon headlights Halo Solaris H10 foglights Velocity Offroad 2.5 leveling kit (removed) Spidertrax 1.25" wheel spacers Rocky Mounts Clutch SD bike mount 4ft combo lock cable for bed extender Stage I interior LED's Toytec 1.5" AALs Extang Trifold Signature Series Bed Cover Reese front mounted tow hook Icon Stage 1 Suspension
    catch shoplifters, cycle count products, ensure all employees are being safe, train new employees on loss prevention/safety aspects of their jobs, investigate internal theft, investigate organized retail theft rings, supervise store inventories, travel to other stores for inventory prep
    ...alot of stuff

4. Jul 20, 2008 at 5:02 PM
    genxer36

genxer36 Lord of Tomfoolery

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Bethlehem,GA
    Tow package, XM Satellite radio, K & N Air filter, & Channel Vent Visors

My Mother thanks you for your hard work. :) She has been getting Readers Digest since she was a child. Her Mother bought her a lifetime subcription for a $1 back in the 1920's. I think Readers Digest lost on the deal, she is 84 now.

5. Jul 20, 2008 at 5:13 PM
    nagelg

nagelg Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    George
    Northern Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Sport
    Retired now, but still go into the office for a few hours a day, BS, check TW and answer questions. In by 10 and home by 2....perfect!!!
    I used to be one of the architects f***ing up Chris4x4's jobs:eek:

6. Jul 20, 2008 at 5:31 PM
    JimBeam

JimBeam BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    i spend my "on the clock" time making sure citizens are safe and obeying the law...theres no routine to my schedule...except that im not on that rotating shift...no 12 hour shifts...

i work m-f...im on the road by 0500am and if im lucky im back in my driveway by 1445(245pm) in the afternoon

unfortunately...LE can change in a second...i never make plans for the span of time between 1445 and 1800...because theres a good chance i wont go home on time...routinely i stay until 1900 (7pm)

now...youre all wondering how im LE and not working a rotating 12 hour shift...when i got hired...they offered me what appeared to be a pay cut to be permanently assigned to a govt building within my jurisdiction...i took it with every intention of getting on the road as soon as they had a spot...then after a couple months went by...i realized because of my OT etc...i was actually making MORE than a regular line unit...plus i have an unmarked take home car and a sweet schedule to boot...i dont work weekends or holidays unless I want to go patrol the roads (for OT pay of course)...im assigned to a building that houses all the main govt offices...plus the council members offices/chambers...PLUS the health dept...during the day I do foot and vehicle patrols of the property to ensure the safety of the council members and staff working there...along with the other law abiding citizens visiting...

i do a LOT of traffic control as well...

no one inside my dept quite understands what makes me stay there...because i refuse to give away how sweet ive got it :D

ive been recruited by 2 different regions, plus the traffic division and SCHP in the past month...ive turned down the regions and SCHP...but im seriously considering traffic...i'd have to go on a 12 hr shift (probably nights) but id get a pay bump and a sweet black charger :D and a lot more fun certifications

7. Jul 20, 2008 at 5:45 PM
    09Taco

09Taco New Member

Member:
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    Coming
    n/a
    I was a car salesman for 5 years. I just recently moved to insurance sales 1 week ago. Working for Liberty Mutual in Maryland. If any one needs help or advice let me know

8. Jul 20, 2008 at 6:06 PM
    gavonder

gavonder She's Kickass!

Member:
    Ct
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport Access Cab
    Sunroof, Leer Cap w/ Thule rack, Factory Running Boards, Fog Light Mod, Hood Struts, Scangauge, w/homemade mirror mount, AC/Defrost mod, Rear Spring TSB, TRD Center Caps
    I'm in the construction business. I help manage jobs for a builder I've worked with for many years. On my own, I have a painting business and specialize in faux finishes.

GA

9. Jul 20, 2008 at 6:06 PM
    mudslingin44

mudslingin44 Well-Known Member

Member:
    west palm beach, fl
    Vehicle:
    07 tacoma double cab trd 4x4
    6 in pro comp coilover-35 in pro comp extreme mudders
    i tinted windows on cars til i messed up my knee 7 months ago,now i stay home and put on weight,10 pounds 190

10. Jul 20, 2008 at 7:18 PM
    swatjoe592

swatjoe592 Beware the Puma...

Member:
    Southeast Texas
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma PreRunner
    20" gangsta wheels, baby seat
    I do police work. I've been with the outfit I'm with now since 2001. It's a pretty cool gig. Ups and down I guess. I don't like that I deal with probably the dumbest 5% of the population on the daily. But I do like all the perks (gadgets, fast cars, they let me blow shit up), and every once in a blue moon, I feel like I get to make a positive impact on someone. Oh yeah, then there's all that free coffee that I extort from Starbucks. (I'm kidding Klown!!!;)) Seriously, we get NO police love from Starbucks. Thats why I just go across the street to McD's and get their chilled coffee.

11. Jul 20, 2008 at 7:27 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    I go to class for a few hours...and then I go practice what I learned in class in an airplane.

I'm a Coast Guard Student Aviator- Getting lurned on the finer points of flying so I can pilot a Coast Guard Helicopter someday.

12. Jul 20, 2008 at 7:46 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    ah HAH! :rant:

13. Jul 20, 2008 at 7:48 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    man, you got a great job..........plus, you can tell people the best cuts to buy!! i honestly wouldnt mind being a butcher!!! but then again.......i love steak and ribs, so i'd probably be in trouble:D!!

14. Jul 20, 2008 at 8:45 PM
    cleanTRDmachine

cleanTRDmachine watch the meat

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Q-Town, PA
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD
    tint gray camo seat covers debadged color matched grille surround off of 06 TRD sport grillecraft black mesh grille Hella 500's demudflapped Toyota rear leaf TSB (first edition) 265/75/16 BFG AT TA KO's Flowmaster Super 40 #952445 Maglite Mod AntennaX 13in antenna Painted Lower Valance Vision X H4 Xenon headlights Halo Solaris H10 foglights Velocity Offroad 2.5 leveling kit (removed) Spidertrax 1.25" wheel spacers Rocky Mounts Clutch SD bike mount 4ft combo lock cable for bed extender Stage I interior LED's Toytec 1.5" AALs Extang Trifold Signature Series Bed Cover Reese front mounted tow hook Icon Stage 1 Suspension
    i'd be having to take a shit every 10 minutes

...do you have your best dump spots picked out through out town?:confused:

15. Jul 20, 2008 at 8:57 PM
    POSDCORB

POSDCORB Active Member

Member:
    Drink a cup of coffee, preflight the aircraft, fly for about four hours completing whatever missions we have that day, land, eat lunch, do some paper work, go home.

16. Jul 21, 2008 at 2:37 AM
    ph16drive

ph16drive \m/.....\m/

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Clevelandish
    Vehicle:
    08 DC, V6, 4x4, 5-Speed Auto
    Shorty antenna, Pop-&-Lock tailgate lock, Undercover bed cover, Aeroforce Interceptor gauge (custom mount), bed mat, AFE Pro Dry S air filter, map light mod, suspension TSB, Billy 5100's all around, Eibach springs, custom fuel tank armor plate, custom cat armor plate, painted front brake calipers, Grillcraft MX upper grill & Hella 500s, ipod adapter, dash pushbutton garage door opener, aux reverse lights, custom ipod nano 4G mount, seatbelt chime mod, custom bull bar w/ (3) Lightforce 140 Lance lights, POR-15 Chassis Coat Black drivetrain, illum 4x4 switch, xtra bed D-rings mod, locker anytime mod, diff breather relocation mod, ABS disable switch mod, Heated seats
    I'm a mechanical engineer designing OEM machines for the glass window & door industry which is now tanking due to the housing market. We're branching out into the solar industry at present. 20% of the time I'm maintaining/policing the CAD systems we use for designing the equipment. I really have an awesome job and one of the benefits is that we have a complete machine/fab/weld shop which comes in handy for those g-jobs that I need, although they take a while to "sneak" through.

17. Jul 21, 2008 at 4:12 AM
    Janster

Janster [OP] Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    Wow...that's awesome! 1920? Holy crap.... I didn't realize they've been around that long. I wonder how many others are subscribers like your mom.

They've gotta do something to keep their subscribers. The overall counts are dropping...and from what I remember back in 95 when our company won the account - we were producing 17 million magazines. I think they're down to 12 million currently.

18. Jul 21, 2008 at 5:20 AM
    missileman125fw

missileman125fw Well-Known Member

Member:
    I'm usually the first one to work at 0600. I open up all the work bays and check out the vehicles. I As a missile technician, we pretty much clean missiles (remember a clean missile is a happy missile). If a missile comes back from the flightline with a write up, we put it on the testset and check it out. Missiles have Periodic Inspections, so when its time we pull the missile into the bay, test it, clean it, do some touchup painting and fix whatever is wrong with it. We also build chaff and flare for the aircraft. Process 20mm ammo and store and maintain other small arms ammo.
    But when were not doing all that, I'm usually just surfing the net and being logged onto TW all day!!!

19. Jul 21, 2008 at 6:39 AM
    Runithard

Runithard Member

Member:
    Beverly Hills, FL
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5
    I'm a systems analyst for a major retailer.

20. Jul 21, 2008 at 6:44 AM
    ninja_taco

ninja_taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    '10 Prerunner
    Vanillarama Pinetree Scent
    get to work, check equipment, go to station, check e-mail, wait to see which supervisor has somethin to complain about that day, :) :), wait on a call, eat/sleep when not on call.

Products Discussed in

To Top