Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Your daily work routine.....

Old 07-20-2008, 07:23 AM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
build golf carts.........all different kinds too........race team cars, hunting cars, most anything you can imagine(i build carts with 6 inch lifts, and i can make an electric48 volt car run 85mph!!). plus....on the typical day.......we get to listen to our salesmen bitch and complain that we aint getting nothing done(which is a lie), then we all get to bitch about our shitty parts department!!! typical day for me.........oh yeah, and in the summer it's like 110 in the shop, kinda warm there!!
Old 07-20-2008, 07:36 AM   #3
silver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: COIL
silver07taco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to silver07taco
I am working in the field of fire procection just finishing up at job now.

Old 07-20-2008, 09:02 AM   #4
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
i check email, browse ebaumsworld.com, sit on here....about it. government jobs at work!!!!
Old 07-20-2008, 09:07 AM   #5
Go Braves!
blake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chazz Michael Michaels
blake1012's Tacoma Gallery
I am an Assistant Golf Course Superintendent.

Manage the grounds crew, apply fertilizer/pesticide applications, ride around the course............summer sucks......too hot
Old 07-20-2008, 09:12 AM   #6
FireMedic518 is on a distinguished road

FireMedic518's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to FireMedic518
At my fulltime job I'm a Flightmedic in Kansas, so if someone has a bad wreck or a serious illness we fly to them and take them to the correct hospital. At my part-time job I work for an ambulance service in Wichita as a paramedic. You call 911, and I show up. Some days are slower then others, then there are the days when we don't stop. Its a great job, plus I enjoy the 24 hour shifts on the helicopter and 12 hour shifts on the ground.
Old 07-20-2008, 10:27 AM   #7
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
I load boxes into trailers for 5 hours or so.
Old 07-20-2008, 10:54 AM   #9
I'd rather be in Jamaica...
TacoinSC is on a distinguished road
TacoinSC's Tacoma Gallery
I work in the Corrosion department of the Paint Shop at the BMW plant. I spend my days spraying seam sealer onto X5's, X6's, and Z4's, ensuring their future owners feet stay dry.
Been there 13 years, always in Paint Shop, done a little bit of everything.
Old 07-20-2008, 02:03 PM   #10
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
I package up magazines (Readers Digest & Prevention) and prep them for mailing. Everyday I gotta make sure the machine is running the proper version books & inserts, printing proper addresses & postal barcode regulations, make sure the books are sealed in their little baggies while also making sure they're properly townsorted for mail sortation. It's a production line - so I gotta do whatever I can (adjustments, repairs, setup, stock, etc) to make sure the line stays running consistantly & efficiently. I have a *Helper* who flags loads, gets machine stops, & assists me with things while a Material Handler (entry level) feeds the pockets. Two robots to keep track of, stackers, Sealing unit, 8 rotary pockets, barcoding system, computer setup, data tracking, Material computer setup.....on my feet & up/down platforms & stairs all day. A good exercise program. Pays good but the shift rotation & weekends suck.

jhodge - you've got it made, I'm jealous!!! Although, if I had a job where I wasn't moving around all day - I'd be 20lbs fatter! My job fits me - as I can't sit still!
Old 07-20-2008, 02:16 PM   #11
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
I fix peoples computers. Usually have time to surf the web and email while I'm waiting for various system tests, virus scans, drive clones, or data recovery jobs to finish. Occasionally I'm waiting for flux cleaner to dry off a laptop's main board so I can put it back together and save someone's ass after they spilled something on it.
Old 07-20-2008, 02:23 PM   #12
CornDog is on a distinguished road

CornDog's Tacoma Gallery
i work on power lines all day everyday. the crew im in works new construction lines ranging from 115kv to 500kv. its great too as long as your not afraid of heights. poles generally run around 100+ feet tall. its a big adrenaline rush!!!! lol
Old 07-20-2008, 02:25 PM   #13
David Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David Tarantino's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Just for fun....

What do you do on a typical day at work?
Sell tires /Store Manager for etd discount tire
Old 07-20-2008, 02:29 PM   #14
flyinn is an unknown quantity at this point
flyinn's Tacoma Gallery
I teach people to fly airplanes. All you would be suprised at who can get a pilots license. Haha.
Old 07-20-2008, 02:59 PM   #15
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Awright I'll crack here-I run a meat dept. for Safeway-yup thats right folks I'm a frikkin butcher and I started in my Dad's meat locker shop back in Illinois when I was 11! Wound up a long distance operator for PacBell when I was 18-scored this job at Safeway when I was 19 'cause the pay was cool at the time, been there all these years and I only have 4 years left till I can draw a full retirement I never said anything before 'cause a lot of you guys have way cooler professions than mine and I was a little embarrassed when I should be proud that I'm 47 and have been working hard for 36 years! See Janster-you made me spill it
Old 07-20-2008, 03:15 PM   #16
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
jhodge - you've got it made, I'm jealous!!! Although, if I had a job where I wasn't moving around all day - I'd be 20lbs fatter! My job fits me - as I can't sit still!
thats my prob too...since i've left avtice duty and went contractor, i've gained 30-40...but still 180
Old 07-20-2008, 03:27 PM   #17
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy2 View Post
Butcher? Heck we know whos eating the best cut of beef out there, bet the BBQ's at your house are awesome!!!!

Me, I pick up my State vehicle at 7:30am, drive 45 miles to check on contractors working on Texas highways and make sure its to specs.

Sometimes end up bitchin them out because I deal with a lot of Mexicans, illegal ones, drive the roads to make sure the traveling public is safe, report speeders, truckers, etc..Love my job!!
Very kind of you sir Although I limit my intake for health, when I do the steaks they are awsome!! I've become a good cook over the years-I pretty much own that job here cuz I do it for the flavah
Old 07-20-2008, 03:30 PM   #18
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
I work in a data center for a major university. I keep the systems up all night and fix any issues that may occur. Monitoring mainframes, & servers. The worst part is in our command center, where it is a slightly chilly 63 degrees year round. brrrrrr!

We also do highspeed printing; 180 pages a minute. We print reports for the clinics, 2 hospitals, & the university. We print around 800,000 pages a month including payroll.

Also I check my email, TW, & surf when things are quiet.

I work nightshift 4 days a week.
Old 07-20-2008, 03:37 PM   #19
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Working in construction, My days vary from finding a nice place to hide, to fixing things the Architecs and Building engineers F up.
Old 07-20-2008, 03:58 PM   #20
Stealer of Souls
Charli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chuck?
Charli's Tacoma Gallery
Every day is different, sort of. I teach writing in a computer classroom, so I'm usually trying to teach students how to write a paper with "helpful" technology . The majority of my classes are remedial/Intro classes, so I'm running around the classroom (or at least walking quickly! LOL!) trying to make sure all 20 students get some sort of individual feedback, answering grammar questions, helping with software problems ("if you get that message, you just have to reboot" "Did you log in before trying to access the internet? Yes, you have to log in first." "You can't log in?" Okay, have you synchronized your password?" "No?" "Okay, here's what you have to do..." "Header and Footer is under View up at the top of the page...") Then there's the grammar lessons and the Don't Trust Spell Check or Grammar Check lecture. Then there's the please don't use the Thesaurus unless you know what the word means... I had a student whose paper was literally unreadable because of that. It was like the thesaurus had just barfed all over the paper... Then I do it all over again in the next class, and then the next class, and then it starts again the next day....lol! And then there's the grading of essays. I guess maybe you gotta be there..... Wow, I didn't reallize what all I do, and this isn't even close to everything! Don't worry this is long enough, so I'll stop now! LOL!