LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Vacuum Cleaners....what's best?

Old 07-20-2008, 08:55 AM   #1
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Vacuum Cleaners....what's best?

For you house-cleaning gents & ladies....

I've had a Phantom upright vacuum cleaner forever....it's beat. It's nasty, it's been used for drywall dust, woodworking, and everything inbetween. It's my primary (and only)household vacuum.... for just my husband and myself (no pets).

I really need to get a new one, and leave this nasty thing in the garage.

A couple years ago I did some research to find which were the best for the money, bla bla bla... but honestly, there were so many and none of them stood out. I got bored with it. Gawd, I hate researching vacuum cleaners.

I want a bagless upright with the all the attachments. Something that has atleast 12amps or higher. Something below $300.
My husband likes the Dysons - but I refuse to spend that much on a vacuum cleaner.

So - whatta your thoughts? Recommendations? Even if you have some suggestions on what the best name-brand is.......
Old 07-20-2008, 09:26 AM   #2
NUKEWORKER_69 is a splendid one to beholdNUKEWORKER_69 is a splendid one to beholdNUKEWORKER_69 is a splendid one to beholdNUKEWORKER_69 is a splendid one to beholdNUKEWORKER_69 is a splendid one to beholdNUKEWORKER_69 is a splendid one to beholdNUKEWORKER_69 is a splendid one to behold

NUKEWORKER_69's Tacoma Gallery
I bought a dyson dc18 last month and let me tell you that thing is amazing. I bought it for my wife but I find myself vacuuming more than her now lol. I got mine NIB off ebay for a little over 300. There are different models but the dc18 slim fit our criteria for our house. It does an excellent job on the Tacoma as well
Old 07-20-2008, 09:47 AM   #3
Caro-bama alliance
wareaglesc88 is on a distinguished road
wareaglesc88's Tacoma Gallery
DYSON. We got our first one after we replaced our carpet, and the carpet still looks brand new...maybe even better than new.

Look for it in a Costco or Sam's Club if y'all have it. We found ours in Costco on sale.
Old 07-20-2008, 10:00 AM   #4
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
hey janster.....i know they are a good bit of money, but get yourself a dyson!! you'll never have to buy another vacuum again!! they are so worth what they cost, plus, they always have good rebates and stuff when you buy hem. we got a dyson dc07 animal....................that vac picks up everything that you can imagine being ground into the carpet for 4 years........really amazing. if you dont wanna spend that much, bissel has some decent ones out........but you'll be happy with a dyson.
Old 07-20-2008, 11:20 AM   #5
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Janster's Tacoma Gallery
You guys aren't making this easy....

Ugh.... Ok, I can swallow $300 versus $400+...

I saw some DC07's on ebay for under $300 w/ free shipping (BIN)- but the one ended within seconds (I didn't commit, just not sure yet).

I e-mailed the seller to see if he'll list these again.....

We'll see! I know I won't need to convince my husband to buy one. He's liked these things all alone. Hmmm....perhaps he'll wanna start vacuuming more with this? I LIKE IT!!!
Old 07-20-2008, 11:42 AM   #6
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
What about an Oreck? My folks had a Dyson, then they got an Oreck, and they bought 3 more right away. They say its the best they have ever used. Its not bagless, but Just thought I'd throw it out there.
Old 07-20-2008, 12:26 PM   #7
Old & Forgetful

Janster's Tacoma Gallery
All I can say is... this forum is a BAD INFLUENCE!!

Amazing..I've put off buying a vacuum for years - did 20 minutes of looking around online and made a purchase in minutes. Gawd, I'm such a sucker.

Buy-it-now off ebay for $289 w/ free shipping (that guy listed it again immediately). My husband had a 10% discount coupon which got the price down even lower. NICE!!! It's a DC07 All Floors Target edition model that was advertised to have the low-floor attachment with it.

Chris,
Nothing wrong with Oreck. I've heard great things about them. The reason I haven't considered them, is I wanted a bagless and the attachments. I gotta have my attachements.
Old 07-20-2008, 12:46 PM   #8
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
All I can say is... this forum is a BAD INFLUENCE!!

Amazing..I've put off buying a vacuum for years - did 20 minutes of looking around online and made a purchase in minutes. Gawd, I'm such a sucker.

Buy-it-now off ebay for $289 w/ free shipping (that guy listed it again immediately). My husband had a 10% discount coupon which got the price down even lower. NICE!!! It's a DC07 All Floors Target edition model that was advertised to have the low-floor attachment with it.

Chris,
Nothing wrong with Oreck. I've heard great things about them. The reason I haven't considered them, is I wanted a bagless and the attachments. I gotta have my attachements.
sweet!!! you're gonna love that vac!!!
Old 07-20-2008, 12:47 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
What about an Oreck? My folks had a Dyson, then they got an Oreck, and they bought 3 more right away. They say its the best they have ever used. Its not bagless, but Just thought I'd throw it out there.
you know......i totally forgot about oreck!! my grandparents have had like 3 orecks.......and they are really awesome too!!
Old 07-20-2008, 12:50 PM   #10
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
you know......i totally forgot about oreck!! my grandparents have had like 3 orecks.......and they are really awesome too!!
I want to get an Oreck. After useing my Parents one, it works great!
Old 07-20-2008, 12:53 PM   #11
Sometimes I drink water...
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
my friend used to sell kirby's and swore by them...a lil high for my taste though...and now my entire house is either hardwood or tile, so only stuff i have to vacuum are a few area rugs
Old 07-20-2008, 01:17 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
my friend used to sell kirby's and swore by them...a lil high for my taste though...and now my entire house is either hardwood or tile, so only stuff i have to vacuum are a few area rugs
some people came by the house one time and convinced my grandparents that the kirby was the best out there........so they traded the oreck for one. its an ok vac, but nowhere as good as the oreck, and it doesnt come close to the dyson.
Old 07-20-2008, 02:45 PM   #14
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
And here comes ol' Frank outa left field with yet another bottle o' snaykoil but honestly, we bought a Eureka "The Boss" widetrack vac 12 amp 4 yrs ago, and that thing does a fantastic job from the bare floors to the bearskins and we have oyster carpeting. Does a nice deep clean. The attachment hose could've been a little bigger round to take full advantage of its power- but it overall is a goodie! Only paid $125.00. Not sure if they still make them but it's a yellow one if you look.
Old 07-20-2008, 02:54 PM   #15
it's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud of

it's in coma's Tacoma Gallery
phuck!!!!! I am gonna have to buy a Dyson now... Like Janster said, BAD INFLUENCE...
Old 07-20-2008, 05:11 PM   #17
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
bah...ya'll and your dysons...

i have a hoover...it works great for me...it has self propel...carpet and hard floor settings...a light...attachments...a dirty floor sensor...

its purple though

however...the folks bought it for me after doing some research and it was less than $300 so who am i to complain about a free vacuum
Old 07-20-2008, 05:12 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanTRDmachine View Post
we have hardwood floors
picked up a swiffer sweeper and swiffer wetjet, they work perfect
we use those in our kitchen and bathrooms where there is no carpet.....work really well too.
Old 07-20-2008, 05:36 PM   #19
it's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud of

it's in coma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
bah...ya'll and your dysons...

i have a hoover...it works great for me...it has self propel...carpet and hard floor settings...a light...attachments...a dirty floor sensor...

its purple though

however...the folks bought it for me after doing some research and it was less than $300 so who am i to complain about a free vacuum
that is the one i have, but is broken...
Old 07-20-2008, 06:04 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
...a dirty floor sensor...
I have one of these. My wife.