LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

FTP Host

Old 07-21-2008, 01:28 PM   #1
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
FTP Host

I need to get an FTP host. I want something that is professional looking and functional.

Here is my wish list:
Personal Domain name
Configurable login screen
Multiple login acounts with access restrictions
Reliable (uptime and regular backups)
Fast
~50 GB storage
E-mail updates

Anyone have any experience with this?
Old 07-21-2008, 01:29 PM   #2
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
i have an ftp, but my cousin owns the server so he doesn't charge me....
Old 07-21-2008, 01:31 PM   #3
ElPhantasmo&TheChickenRunBlastarama
rutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud of
rutherk1's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to rutherk1
I dont understand... A file server with an web front end? FTP is a protocol.
Old 07-21-2008, 01:32 PM   #4
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

i have my website, wish is held on a ftp....
Old 07-21-2008, 01:34 PM   #5
rutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by eordonez View Post
i have my website, wish is held on a ftp....
What are you trying to gain? FTP is a protocol - file transfer protocol. You can have an FTP server that you send files to using an ftp client. Or you can have a web server that serves a web page where you can upload files. If you go to a web page and click browse, point to a local file and click upload, then its a web server that you are uploading files to over HTTP.

If you are looking for a place to upload files to - using a web browser, I can find some for you.
Old 07-21-2008, 01:39 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutherk1 View Post
What are you trying to gain? FTP is a protocol - file transfer protocol. You can have an FTP server that you send files to using an ftp client. Or you can have a web server that serves a web page where you can upload files. If you go to a web page and click browse, point to a local file and click upload, then its a web server that you are uploading files to over HTTP.

If you are looking for a place to upload files to - using a web browser, I can find some for you.
well i dont know that much.... i just own a domain, when i want to upload something to my website, like info for my clients, i log into my ftp, create a folder and put it there, which is accessible on any browser via http
Old 07-21-2008, 01:41 PM   #7
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
I thought I saw a FTP host that offered a website interface with an FTP in the background. What about this http://www.siteground.com/ftp-hosting.htm

Thanks for the offer, but I need to find something that costs money and is an official business with accountability.
Old 07-21-2008, 01:50 PM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by eordonez View Post
well i dont know that much.... i just own a domain, when i want to upload something to my website, like info for my clients, i log into my ftp, create a folder and put it there, which is accessible on any browser via http
Yeah. In that case, you have a web site and you have directory access to it using some kind of ftp client. Thats all. Onces the files are up there, they are server up using HTTP

No worries. Just trying to figure out what he is asking for.

I did a search for free file hosting. There are a few depending on what he plans to use it for
Old 07-21-2008, 01:56 PM   #9
Ahhh. You DONT want it to be free. That's something you don't hear often.

we use https://www.onlinefilefolder.com/. Its through godaddy.com. 10 bucks a year gets us 1GB. Im sure you can get bigger slots.

Good luck.