Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Debadging

Old 07-22-2008, 10:14 AM   #1
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Debadging

I don't like it. No offense to any of you who do, but I don't. This only includes factory decals (Toyota, Tacoma, V6, SR5), this does not include dealer bullshit adds or those old fart decals sometimes placed on trucks when new.

I just had to get that off my chest.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:38 AM   #2
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
i don't like it either.....but that's whats cool, you get to do whatever you want with your truck if you like it
Old 07-22-2008, 10:48 AM   #3
Scavenger
zombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to all

zombot's Tacoma Gallery
i can understand why when you find a brand you like, you have a pride in it that you want everyone to see.
there's a reason why you buy that product, automobiles especially.

for me it was an asthetic choice for my toyota. the chrome factory branding in off-center places didn't jive with the black and white clean look i wanted. i'm a chrome hater anyway, and definately not a label slave.
as it is my truck to fuck with, that's my right and choice.
i figure anyone else in the taco family can look at my truck and know it's a taco without the plastic chrome labels.
the pride is still there. my emblem is on front but black to suit the grill and be stealthy.
i totally agree with debaging any dealer decals. i make it a point to ask them to do it before i pick up the vehicle, unless they want to subtract from my monthly payments the fee that i charge for renting their adspace on my truck. that's bullshit.
i refuse to pay any money and be a driving ad for them, or pay for their balloons, strobelights and inflatable parking lot gorillas.

badging is a choice of the owner. it doesn't matter if you don't like it. our trucks are our own toys to mod out.
personally i don't wear clothes that rely on printing the brand across them as a substitute for style (seanjohn, tommy, etc etc), and i don't think my toyota needs to say anything on it to kick ass.
on your next drive through town, look at the cars all around you and look at all of the chrome plastic words on all of them and ask yourself if you are one of them, or if you a little different.
that's my story anyway.

Old 07-22-2008, 11:05 AM   #4
ED R will become famous soon enough
ED R's Tacoma Gallery
I'm thinking of removing the Texas Edition badges. I specifically asked them to remove all dealership nadges- and they didn't. AND they put License plate frames with their name on both ends.
Yep, this dealer's a piece of work.
Old 07-22-2008, 11:06 AM   #5
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
I kinda just wanted to have a single badge on the front, and that's it. That's the way I like my truck. I don't think I would ever debadge the RAV4 though. It would look strange to me.
Old 07-22-2008, 11:47 AM   #6
CometKat is a jewel in the roughCometKat is a jewel in the roughCometKat is a jewel in the rough
CometKat's Tacoma Gallery
Recently someone asked me if my debadged Tacoma was a Chevy. Anyway, words all over a vehicle detract from the design. This includes words on tires, stickers, windows, license plate frames, etc. You never saw one of Boyd Coddington’s hotrods with words all over it. A debadged, deflapped, Tacoma with nice wheels is a great looking truck.
Old 07-22-2008, 11:51 AM   #7
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
I plan to take the 'Prerunner' 'V6' and 'SR5' badges off of my tailgate, but leave the Toyota Tacoma ones on, as well as the ones on my doors. My father-in-law has a Tundra TRD and all that he has on his tailgate is Toyota Tundra (in the same place as our badges). I think it looks better.
Old 07-22-2008, 12:06 PM   #8
Piss off
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
i like a smooth, clean vehicle. i'm another chrome hater as well...(obviously by the last truck). i like clean lines w/ nothing stuck on there to take away from the trucks actual beauty...(I'm not a bitch!!!lol)
Old 07-22-2008, 12:44 PM   #9
Justin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud of

Justin626's Tacoma Gallery
Not to get off topic or change directions....

....but IMO, people should stop wasting these great trucks by putting on 22"+ rims. If you want "DUBS" on a ride, be like the rest of the sheep and by a GM product.

Justin626 is: trying to ruffle some feathers
Old 07-22-2008, 12:47 PM   #10
Piss off
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin626 View Post
....but IMO, people should stop wasting these great trucks by putting on 22"+ rims. If you want "DUBS" on a ride, be like the rest of the sheep and by a GM product.

Justin626 is: trying to ruffle some feathers
avalanches made over to look like the caddie's w/ 36" rims are PIMP!!! lol
Old 07-22-2008, 09:48 PM   #12
Scavenger
zombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to all

zombot's Tacoma Gallery
smells like badgeless and the right to be badgeless is kinda whoopin' ass here
Old 07-22-2008, 09:56 PM   #13
hail-bop Command is on a distinguished road

hail-bop Command's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombot View Post
i can understand why when you find a brand you like, you have a pride in it that you want everyone to see.
There's a reason why you buy that product, automobiles especially.

For me it was an asthetic choice for my toyota. The chrome factory branding in off-center places didn't jive with the black and white clean look i wanted. I'm a chrome hater anyway, and definately not a label slave.
As it is my truck to fuck with, that's my right and choice.
I figure anyone else in the taco family can look at my truck and know it's a taco without the plastic chrome labels.
The pride is still there. My emblem is on front but black to suit the grill and be stealthy.
I totally agree with debaging any dealer decals. I make it a point to ask them to do it before i pick up the vehicle, unless they want to subtract from my monthly payments the fee that i charge for renting their adspace on my truck. That's bullshit.
I refuse to pay any money and be a driving ad for them, or pay for their balloons, strobelights and inflatable parking lot gorillas.

Badging is a choice of the owner. It doesn't matter if you don't like it. Our trucks are our own toys to mod out.
Personally i don't wear clothes that rely on printing the brand across them as a substitute for style (seanjohn, tommy, etc etc), and i don't think my toyota needs to say anything on it to kick ass.
On your next drive through town, look at the cars all around you and look at all of the chrome plastic words on all of them and ask yourself if you are one of them, or if you a little different.
That's my story anyway.

you got that!!!!!!
Old 07-23-2008, 10:29 AM   #14
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
I am in the process of debaging my truck, I am taking everything off but the toyota tacoma on the tailgate.

Quote:
Badges? We don't need no stinking badges.
Old 07-23-2008, 10:48 AM   #15
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
i thought about taking mine off but they look better painted black alot of people ask hey man like the black badges.
Old 07-23-2008, 03:25 PM   #16
Justin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud of

Justin626's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by socalman22 View Post
i thought about taking mine off but they look better painted black alot of people ask hey man like the black badges.
Do you have any pics?
Old 07-23-2008, 08:04 PM   #17
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I will try and get a pic up as soon as i can.
Old 07-23-2008, 08:18 PM   #18
Beware the Puma...
swatjoe592 is just really niceswatjoe592 is just really niceswatjoe592 is just really niceswatjoe592 is just really niceswatjoe592 is just really nice

swatjoe592's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ED R View Post
I'm thinking of removing the Texas Edition badges. I specifically asked them to remove all dealership nadges- and they didn't. AND they put License plate frames with their name on both ends.
Yep, this dealer's a piece of work.
Im confused. While I am against most badges, why would you take off anything that glorifies the greatest state in the union? If the word 'Texas' is displayed anywhere on your truck, it automatically becomes a cooler truck by sheer association. It is the envy of all other trucks on the highway. How many 'Oklahoma Edition' or 'Vermont Edition' trucks are out there. Thats right. None.
Old 07-23-2008, 08:20 PM   #19
Founder Socaltacomas.com

If you dont want the symbols of texas i will take those from ya!
Old 07-23-2008, 08:25 PM   #20
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Im thinking of takeing my doors off!...

J/K!
I want to de-badge to make it easier to wash.