Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

I guess all good things come to an end..

Old 10-15-2010, 10:37 AM   #1
Legend of the UG
Kappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 307th Expeditionary Sig BN
Name: Mike
Kappes03's Tacoma Gallery
I guess all good things come to an end..

My girlfriend and I of 2 and a half years are parting ways. Combination of things with her trusting me, somewhat smothering, and a alot of pressure. I just couldn't do it anymore but did I make the right decision? I know I loved her but I don't know if I was in love with her. We talked about our future, house, marriage, etc often.

Things that have steered me away is she would always ask "are you sure I am not just a comfort?" or "I love you more than you love me" And I hated those statements.

I'm not one who talks a lot about my emotions. I have had a rough life growing up and I've learned to deal with them so I tend to keep things inside. It kills me to hurt her, but I just don't feel as happy as I could be.

We are very different from each other. I am very outgoing, I make friends easily, I love sports, beer and just hanging out with my friends. She is very quiet, doesn't talk much around my other friends and not nearly as outgoing at all. And if I go out with some friends I would feel guilty cuz I didn't stay home with her, yet she doesn't want to go but still seems sad I left. Which by the way was once a week I would go out and be back by 1230 per her request.

I just hope I made the right decision. It kills me that I hurt her and I promised I wouldn't. She's gonna stay with her mom this weekend and we'll figure out how we are splitting things which isn't too hard considering she has much more than me.

Just wanted to get this out in the open and I know there are a lot of you that have been through what I am going through. I just don't want to second guess myself for breaking up with her. I know she hurts as do I. But I think I can get through this. Thanks for listening.

-mike
Old 10-15-2010, 10:43 AM   #3
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
That shits rough man, I'm sorry to hear this. It sounds like you 2 are better off apart. It just doesn't feel that way because you've been together a while....time heals all wounds man...you'll be okay
Old 10-15-2010, 10:44 AM   #4
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

Name: Ron
rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
on a positive note, at least now you'll have more money to spend on the truck
Old 10-15-2010, 10:45 AM   #5
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbeezy View Post
on a positive note, at least now you'll have more money to spend on the truck
Old 10-15-2010, 10:47 AM   #6
I need to go return some videotapes...
Seabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
Put your nuts back on and go get some new poon. Nothing wrong with being a little selfish at 24 years old. Live life a little.. plenty of time to settle down later. If you're having doubts now, you just did yourself a favor instead of finding out after you got married. My rule - spend at least 3 years together (preferably living together) before you marry.
Old 10-15-2010, 10:55 AM   #7
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry to hear the news. Maybe some time apart will help you sort some stuff out. You might even want to get back with her. You know what they say....time makes the heart grow fonder. But this will be a good experience in the long run and I hope you learn a lot from it. Good luck, I've been there, trust me.
Old 10-15-2010, 10:55 AM   #8
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
24 years old? i promise..every new chick gets better and better. you grow and develope what you like and dislike in a girlfriend. it is natural.

i love a woman that i can drop into a crowded party, and she can hang with strangers. it creates balance. i dont want one that depends on me for social strength. no balance. puts the odds too much in my favor. i would get bored.
Old 10-15-2010, 10:56 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass View Post
Put your nuts back on and go get some new poon. Nothing wrong with being a little selfish at 24 years old. Live life a little.. plenty of time to settle down later. If you're having doubts now, you just did yourself a favor instead of finding out after you got married. My rule - spend at least 3 years together (preferably living together) before you marry.
agreed
Old 10-15-2010, 10:58 AM   #10
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
delete her off ur phone, facebook and delete/remove anything that can remind u of her...unless u still want to be friends, which will hurt her more than u know it
Old 10-15-2010, 11:01 AM   #11
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
keep in mind. all the above advice is no good if you are really ugly and have no game
Old 10-15-2010, 11:01 AM   #12
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

^ lol! in which case u fucked up by breaking up with her
Old 10-15-2010, 11:02 AM   #13
mj918 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmj918 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmj918 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmj918 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmj918 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmj918 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmj918 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmj918 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmj918 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmj918 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmj918 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Meg
mj918's Tacoma Gallery
Thats too bad. From a girls point a view I think you should just take some time apart. Two years is a long time to just end it. You might actually really like the fact your girl isnt way out going, for example. Usually if a girl is super friendly, it can come off as flirting to her guy. Just saying . . .
Old 10-15-2010, 11:04 AM   #14
Legend of the UG
Kappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks guys. Time will only tell. She even said we can't be friends which I understand
Old 10-15-2010, 11:06 AM   #15
Legend of the UG

Yea I'm also hideous. Guess I'm fucked
Old 10-15-2010, 11:11 AM   #16
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappes03 View Post
Thanks guys. Time will only tell. She even said we can't be friends which I understand
Then at that point don't even attempt to try to contact her. Delete her off your phone/Facebook etc, just leave her alone and forget her. If she really cares she will attempt to contact you, just give it time don't try to rush these kind of things.... That only makes it worse.
Old 10-15-2010, 11:26 AM   #17
05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
05offroad's Tacoma Gallery
Dude I am going through the same shit. Almost two years...girl is totally shy, and gets mad/sad when i hangout with my friends. MY best advice for the breakup..

Like everyone said delete her completely. On facebook I even blocked her so its like I dont exist. Dont have to worry about them messaging you or lurking around looking at your new stuff. And another thing is find a new hobby, or get involved in an old one. Do anything to keep your mind off of it. Hangout with close friends. And find someone who you can talk to anytime. thats what I'm doing. And it still hurts but it always will.

Oh and like someone said....LAY SOME PIPE!!!
Old 10-15-2010, 11:27 AM   #18
BakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Herbie Hancock
BakoTruck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hookedontronics View Post
go lay some pipe, you'll fel better
Best advice on here.
Old 10-15-2010, 11:30 AM   #19
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by BakoTruck View Post
Best advice on here.
although I agree with this advice, the good feeling is only temporary, and when you're laying in bed alone again, she'll pop right back in ur mind. I still think about all my ex's, and i find it's easier to become friends with them down the road than to completely alienate them. But for now deleting her from your life will help out a lot.

Drinking heavily wont really help out that well either because u'll do dumb shit when ur heart broken and drunk and feel even shittier with ur missing her and hung over.
Old 10-15-2010, 11:31 AM   #20
CopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Maximum Security Correctional Officer
Name: Matt
CopDoctor's Tacoma Gallery
sucks to hear Mike, things will get better. I'll see you in a few weeks and i'll bring some feel better juice especially for you.