1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

fender bender bad day

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by 4x4x4trd, Jul 23, 2008.

1. Jul 23, 2008 at 4:08 PM
    4x4x4trd

4x4x4trd [OP] My other ride weighs 200 tons

Member:
    North Texas
    Vehicle:
    08 White Access Cab TRD OR, Debadged
    AFE oil free drop in, Secondary removed, tint, front D-rings, Toyota bed mat, Undercover tonneau, TRD seat covers and floor mats, Pioneer speakers, Westin Platinum bars, Fumoto oil valve, short antena, Nifty Xtreme's, TSB leaf springs, Bilstein 5100's set at .85" in the front
    So I work all night and get home to the phone ringing. It's my wife saying someone had hit her car in the lot at work. She was going to lunch and walked out to find red tail light lens setting on her bumper and a pretty good red paint scuff on her new 2008 white car. The thing is she is really proud of this car and parks way out at the edge of the lot away from everbody and walks quite a ways to avoid this kinda crap.
    Really it could have been a lot worse but the person didn't even leave a note or anything. Hit and run. What's with some people these days???

Anybody have an idea what kind of car this right rear stop lens might be off of? I'm really just venting but some people just really piss me off. :mad:

[​IMG]

2. Jul 23, 2008 at 4:09 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    sorry to hear about it man!! like i said before.......i cant tolerate people with no respect!!!:mad:

3. Jul 23, 2008 at 4:15 PM
    4x4x4trd

Member:
    North Texas
    Vehicle:
    AFE oil free drop in, Secondary removed, tint, front D-rings, Toyota bed mat, Undercover tonneau, TRD seat covers and floor mats, Pioneer speakers, Westin Platinum bars, Fumoto oil valve, short antena, Nifty Xtreme's, TSB leaf springs, Bilstein 5100's set at .85" in the front
    Thanks and like I said it could have been much worse. Kasey 200 posted this under having a bad day. Damn that looks like a really bad day.
    [​IMG]

4. Aug 27, 2008 at 6:39 PM
    4x4x4trd

Member:
    North Texas
    Vehicle:
    This is so unreal. My wife gets home from the office and pulls in the garage. I'm messing around in the yard and approach her car as she parks and notice this!!!!!!!!!!!!
    [​IMG]

We just got her car out of the body shop for a hit and run in basically the same spot on her rear bumper. This is thirty days after the first hit and run in the same parking lot!!! As before she parks way out on the edge of the lot away from everybody, and as before no note and no camera.

The last time was just a scuff. This time it bent the bracket and exited clear through the bumper. They had to know they hit it this time for sure. What is with people anymore. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

5. Aug 27, 2008 at 6:53 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Are there video cameras where she parks?

6. Aug 27, 2008 at 6:53 PM
    Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    NEK Island Pond VT
    Vehicle:
    13 TRD OR DC MGM
    Stock for now
    WOW :eek: I remember when you posted about the first hit & run, this is absolutely BS! So much disrespect & no accountability. Sorry to hear this happened, again, I hope you can catch the SOBs!!

7. Aug 27, 2008 at 7:04 PM
    eordonez

eordonez Living vicariously through mjp2

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    Chihuahua, Mexico
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport Dcab 4x2 Black Sand Pearl
    OEM All Weather Mats, wheel locks, Toyota Silver Tube steps.....
    Efffing Bullshit man!

8. Aug 27, 2008 at 7:06 PM
    Charli

Charli Stealer of Souls

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck?
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    '06 Black Sand 4X4 SR5 TRD Sport V6 Access Ca
    Towing pkg with Mossberg hitch cover, Toyota tube steps, 3" Toytec lift and TSB, 1" diff drop, Tacoma World sticker, sockmonkey decals
    Wow, that really sucks man....I hate to ask, but could it be deliberate? The punctures from the second time look like they could be--especially if they went all the way through.... I don't know what kind of vehicle would do that in an "accident." Sorry to ask because I know that it being deliberate would just make it feel worse, but it's something to consider so it doesn't keep happening....

9. Aug 27, 2008 at 8:31 PM
    4x4x4trd

Member:
    North Texas
    Vehicle:

She is so bummed. No camera's, different color paint left behind from the other time, and Charli I certainly hope it isn't intentional as it hit on the bracket that holds the bumper skin in place. That's what pisses me off is the fact that it bent the bracket as it pushed bolts through the bumper so it was a pretty good hit and would have been felt by the other driver. :mad:

My wife is a Dr.'s primmary nurse at a cancer treatment clinic. So the perp is probably an older person that has a lot more on their mind besides driving. No excuse I know, but no one was hurt and we have insurance, but damn $500 on deductables in a month is BS.

10. Aug 27, 2008 at 8:34 PM
    tacomaman06

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    like i said before Brad.........sorry to hear it!! i cant friggin stand people with no respect for anything......absolutely unacceptable!! hopefully, it'll get fixed good as new, and it wont happen again!!

11. Aug 27, 2008 at 8:45 PM
    4x4x4trd

Member:
    North Texas
    Vehicle:
    Thanks Will,
    That's the thing. We had just got it back from the shop and they did a really good job. So at least we know who to take it back to this time. ;)

While it was in the shop two weeks ago we had to take the Tacoma to a family reunion. Not a bad thing, except the Accord gets better mileage and has Nav.. Being a guy I did actually ask directions once in Branson, MO and glad I did as there was a hot rod convention in town and it would have taken us hours to get to the condo through town on the main drag. :rolleyes:

12. Aug 27, 2008 at 8:48 PM
    tacomaman06

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    glad you have a good reputable shop to take it to atleast.

a little off topic......but we went to branson once.....we went and saw Roy Clark with my grandparents.......that was a really good time!!

13. Aug 27, 2008 at 8:56 PM
    4x4x4trd

Member:
    North Texas
    Vehicle:
    The shop is great and I know one of the painters. He does some really trick stuff on some of the harley's and show bikes around here.

Branson is a trip. We went to Silver Dollar City and rode all the roller coasters and other rides several times before being rained out. I enjoyed the crafts like knive making, glass blowing, leather works, weaving, it all makes you appreciate our Grandparents time living in this country. We saw only one show Jim Stafford, Probably before your time young'un the song "Spiders and Snakes". Family is always fun. ;)

14. Aug 27, 2008 at 9:00 PM
    tacomaman06

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    yep....branson is a really cool place. i'll take my wife there one of these days!!:)

Products Discussed in

To Top