Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

fender bender bad day

Old 07-23-2008, 04:08 PM   #1
My other ride weighs 200 tons
4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4x4x4trd's Tacoma Gallery
fender bender bad day

So I work all night and get home to the phone ringing. It's my wife saying someone had hit her car in the lot at work. She was going to lunch and walked out to find red tail light lens setting on her bumper and a pretty good red paint scuff on her new 2008 white car. The thing is she is really proud of this car and parks way out at the edge of the lot away from everbody and walks quite a ways to avoid this kinda crap.
Really it could have been a lot worse but the person didn't even leave a note or anything. Hit and run. What's with some people these days???

Anybody have an idea what kind of car this right rear stop lens might be off of? I'm really just venting but some people just really piss me off.

Old 07-23-2008, 04:09 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4x4trd View Post
So I work all night and get home to the phone ringing. It's my wife saying someone had hit her car in the lot at work. She was going to lunch and walked out to find red tail light lens setting on her bumper and a pretty good red paint scuff on her new 2008 white car. The thing is she is really proud of this car and parks way out at the edge of the lot away from everbody and walks quite a ways to avoid this kinda crap.
Really it could have been a lot worse but the person didn't even leave a note or anything. Hit and run. What's with some people these days???

Anybody have an idea what kind of car this right rear stop lens might be off of? I'm really just venting but some people just really piss me off.

sorry to hear about it man!! like i said before.......i cant tolerate people with no respect!!!
Old 07-23-2008, 04:15 PM   #3
4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
sorry to hear about it man!! like i said before.......i cant tolerate people with no respect!!!
Thanks and like I said it could have been much worse. Kasey 200 posted this under having a bad day. Damn that looks like a really bad day.
Old 08-27-2008, 06:39 PM   #4

This is so unreal. My wife gets home from the office and pulls in the garage. I'm messing around in the yard and approach her car as she parks and notice this!!!!!!!!!!!!

We just got her car out of the body shop for a hit and run in basically the same spot on her rear bumper. This is thirty days after the first hit and run in the same parking lot!!! As before she parks way out on the edge of the lot away from everybody, and as before no note and no camera.

The last time was just a scuff. This time it bent the bracket and exited clear through the bumper. They had to know they hit it this time for sure. What is with people anymore.
Old 08-27-2008, 06:53 PM   #5
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Are there video cameras where she parks?
Old 08-27-2008, 06:53 PM   #6
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
WOW I remember when you posted about the first hit & run, this is absolutely BS! So much disrespect & no accountability. Sorry to hear this happened, again, I hope you can catch the SOBs!!
Old 08-27-2008, 07:04 PM   #7
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
Efffing Bullshit man!
Old 08-27-2008, 07:06 PM   #8
Stealer of Souls
Charli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chuck?
Charli's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, that really sucks man....I hate to ask, but could it be deliberate? The punctures from the second time look like they could be--especially if they went all the way through.... I don't know what kind of vehicle would do that in an "accident." Sorry to ask because I know that it being deliberate would just make it feel worse, but it's something to consider so it doesn't keep happening....
Old 08-27-2008, 08:31 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Are there video cameras where she parks?
Quote:
Originally Posted by xedge View Post
WOW I remember when you posted about the first hit & run, this is absolutely BS! So much disrespect & no accountability. Sorry to hear this happened, again, I hope you can catch the SOBs!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charli View Post
Wow, that really sucks man....I hate to ask, but could it be deliberate? The punctures from the second time look like they could be--especially if they went all the way through.... I don't know what kind of vehicle would do that in an "accident." Sorry to ask because I know that it being deliberate would just make it feel worse, but it's something to consider so it doesn't keep happening....

She is so bummed. No camera's, different color paint left behind from the other time, and Charli I certainly hope it isn't intentional as it hit on the bracket that holds the bumper skin in place. That's what pisses me off is the fact that it bent the bracket as it pushed bolts through the bumper so it was a pretty good hit and would have been felt by the other driver.

My wife is a Dr.'s primmary nurse at a cancer treatment clinic. So the perp is probably an older person that has a lot more on their mind besides driving. No excuse I know, but no one was hurt and we have insurance, but damn $500 on deductables in a month is BS.
Old 08-27-2008, 08:34 PM   #10
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

like i said before Brad.........sorry to hear it!! i cant friggin stand people with no respect for anything......absolutely unacceptable!! hopefully, it'll get fixed good as new, and it wont happen again!!
Old 08-27-2008, 08:45 PM   #11

Quote:
like i said before Brad.........sorry to hear it!! i cant friggin stand people with no respect for anything......absolutely unacceptable!! hopefully, it'll get fixed good as new, and it wont happen again!!
Thanks Will,
That's the thing. We had just got it back from the shop and they did a really good job. So at least we know who to take it back to this time.

While it was in the shop two weeks ago we had to take the Tacoma to a family reunion. Not a bad thing, except the Accord gets better mileage and has Nav.. Being a guy I did actually ask directions once in Branson, MO and glad I did as there was a hot rod convention in town and it would have taken us hours to get to the condo through town on the main drag.
Old 08-27-2008, 08:48 PM   #12

Quote:
Thanks Will,
That's the thing. We had just got it back from the shop and they did a really good job. So at least we know who to take it back to this time.

While it was in the shop two weeks ago we had to take the Tacoma to a family reunion. Not a bad thing, except the Accord gets better mileage and has Nav.. Being a guy I did actually ask directions once in Branson, MO and glad I did as there was a hot rod convention in town and it would have taken us hours to get to the condo through town on the main drag.
glad you have a good reputable shop to take it to atleast.

a little off topic......but we went to branson once.....we went and saw Roy Clark with my grandparents.......that was a really good time!!
Old 08-27-2008, 08:56 PM   #13

Quote:
glad you have a good reputable shop to take it to atleast.

a little off topic......but we went to branson once.....we went and saw Roy Clark with my grandparents.......that was a really good time!!
The shop is great and I know one of the painters. He does some really trick stuff on some of the harley's and show bikes around here.

Branson is a trip. We went to Silver Dollar City and rode all the roller coasters and other rides several times before being rained out. I enjoyed the crafts like knive making, glass blowing, leather works, weaving, it all makes you appreciate our Grandparents time living in this country. We saw only one show Jim Stafford, Probably before your time young'un the song "Spiders and Snakes". Family is always fun.
Old 08-27-2008, 09:00 PM   #14

Quote:
The shop is great and I know one of the painters. He does some really trick stuff on some of the harley's and show bikes around here.

Branson is a trip. We went to Silver Dollar City and rode all the roller coasters and other rides several times before being rained out. I enjoyed the crafts like knive making, glass blowing, leather works, weaving, it all makes you appreciate our Grandparents time living in this country. We saw only one show Jim Stafford, Probably before your time young'un the song "Spiders and Snakes". Family is always fun.
yep....branson is a really cool place. i'll take my wife there one of these days!!