Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Elctric shaver advice....

Old 10-18-2010, 10:35 PM   #1
drewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Drew
drewskie's Tacoma Gallery
Elctric shaver advice....

So, I realized that my current shaver/razor, is over 10 years old and although it works pretty decent, I am going to start looking for a new shaver. My current one is a Norelco, so it's the rotary head. I am wondering what you guys think of the foil shavers vs. the rotaries. Has anyone used both? From what I remember, when i tried a foil shaver long ago it irritated the hell out of my skin. What do you guys use? Thanks.
Old 10-18-2010, 10:54 PM   #2
BORN AND RAISED MAUI BOY
numbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kahai
numbah57's Tacoma Gallery
I have a Braun foil shaver, I like it a lot. I also have a rotary shaver which I hate. I guess it's more personal preference but the rotary irritated my skin.
Old 10-18-2010, 11:26 PM   #3
MSteinhauer is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
MSteinhauer's Tacoma Gallery
I just got a new braun foil shaver and it is pretty cool they now build the blades and foil together as a replaceable unit. This allows them to make the foil thinner without risking damage to the shape of the foil so it gives you a closer shave. I don't know how it compares to the rotary ones since they didn't work well for me a few years ago when I tried that style.
Old 10-18-2010, 11:47 PM   #4
Breazeale- Pronounced Brazil
toyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: truck driver 1404
Name: chris
toyotadude5's Tacoma Gallery
Hey man. I got one for sale. Its like brand new, hardly ever used.

Its a phillips-nerelco Arcitec
Old 10-18-2010, 11:52 PM   #5
jspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jim
jspadaro's Tacoma Gallery
Go back to a regular razor. closer better shave, cleaner on your sink, less irritation, And cheaper ftw
Old 10-19-2010, 02:42 AM   #6
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
I've used em all. Rotary kills my skin. I use a panasonic wet dry, but never wet.Braun had large of foil for me. I prefer thinner foils.
Old 10-19-2010, 05:47 AM   #7
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
ItalynStylion's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspadaro View Post
Go back to a regular razor. closer better shave, cleaner on your sink, less irritation, And cheaper ftw
Really? Cheaper how?

lol, his last electric shaver lasted him 10 years. Even if it was $200 that's like $20 a year. Mach3 blades are like $10 a pack or something. Shit is ridiculous!

I too though am looking for an electric. Now that I have a serious job out of college I have to shave on a regular basis and it's tearing up my face. Day of the shave it's all good. Next day I get ingrown hairs and dry skin like crazy. How do you guys combat that?
Old 10-19-2010, 05:50 AM   #8
Toyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Toyota Truck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalynStylion View Post
Really? Cheaper how?

lol, his last electric shaver lasted him 10 years. Even if it was $200 that's like $20 a year. Mach3 blades are like $10 a pack or something. Shit is ridiculous!

I too though am looking for an electric. Now that I have a serious job out of college I have to shave on a regular basis and it's tearing up my face. Day of the shave it's all good. Next day I get ingrown hairs and dry skin like crazy. How do you guys combat that?
x2 I am also in the market for a electric razor. I hate buying new razor they get expensive.
Old 10-19-2010, 05:52 AM   #9
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalynStylion View Post
Really? Cheaper how?

Edge Gel for sensitive skin and Bic disposable twins blades FTW! I have rough full whisker'd face and I can shave every 2nd or 3rd day and get 3 clean shaves out of each razor without it yanking out whiskers.
Old 10-19-2010, 06:51 AM   #10
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
ItalynStylion's Tacoma Gallery
See that's the thing. I shave just fine with the Gillette Foamy (green can) stuff. I never really cut myself or yank any whiskers out. My beard is fairly thick as well. A week without shaving and I'm lookin pretty Chuck Norrisy. I've never made it an entire month without shaving...ever. I too get about 2-3 shaves out of a blade.
Old 10-19-2010, 06:57 AM   #11
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
I'd have to shave every other day to keep it clean but my beard is gray/blonde so it doesn't show as fast. I can get by 3 days before really needing to shave but stubble is back within hours of shaving the same day. I also alternate having a mustache/goatee thing so I only shave the sides until that needs trimming then it goes away.
Old 10-19-2010, 05:59 PM   #13
drewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Drew
drewskie's Tacoma Gallery
The reason I use electric is because I had/ have an acne issue and shaving cream makes it much worse. I do however, shave a lot of times with a blade and no cream, which I hear is pretty bad for the skin. I checked out some electrics at walmart yesterday, 200 dollars for a good one. But like someone said, if it lasts ten years, well worth it. I'm just unsure about rotary vs. foil.
Old 10-19-2010, 06:07 PM   #14
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspadaro View Post
x2. Maybe not cheaper, but better IMO.

Honestly though, grow a beard. I got sick of shaving and said fuck it, beardo time.

Now I look like King Leonidas out of 300.

And who the fuck doesn't want to be that badass.

See a trend happening here?

Grow a fucking beard and be a real man.