Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Good price for this dirtbike??

Old 10-19-2010, 04:43 PM   #21
Daudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Daudio's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamaha73 View Post
like everyone said i think 700 might be a decent deal, i wouldnt pay 1000 though wen u could probably find like a 99 four stroke for like 1200 or 1300
Where? I can't find a deal like that anywhere. I'm looking in the north jersey/new york area and this seems like the best deal I've found.
Old 10-19-2010, 05:08 PM   #22
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by t4daddy View Post
The 350 are the very worst of all the XRs, known for overheating and actually melting the dip stick in the crankcase. I've owned three XRs, (83' 200r, 85' 250r, 00' 400r) all have been great bikes. Had a couple buds with the 350s and both had problems, just keep looking.
Damn, that's the first bad thing I've ever heard about the XR series bikes. When I sold my old 350, it was gone the day I listed it. The guy didn't want a 400 and a 250 was too small. Sorry OP, this is the first negative thing I've heard about these bikes. The 350 is a good size bike in my opinion. It's powerful but not enough to kill you off road. They hold the road well as long as you don't expect it to be comfortable at highway speeds. My old 350 was good up to about 55 - 60mph, it could hold 65 - 70 for short bursts to pass someone or something.
Old 10-19-2010, 05:14 PM   #23
motoxer311 has a brilliant futuremotoxer311 has a brilliant futuremotoxer311 has a brilliant futuremotoxer311 has a brilliant futuremotoxer311 has a brilliant futuremotoxer311 has a brilliant futuremotoxer311 has a brilliant futuremotoxer311 has a brilliant futuremotoxer311 has a brilliant futuremotoxer311 has a brilliant futuremotoxer311 has a brilliant future
motoxer311's Tacoma Gallery
250 or 350??? I don't recall them coming in 350 but who knows..
Old 10-19-2010, 05:21 PM   #24
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by motoxer311 View Post
250 or 350??? I don't recall them coming in 350 but who knows..
they did.
Old 10-19-2010, 07:59 PM   #25
yamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Royce
yamaha73's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daudio View Post
Where? I can't find a deal like that anywhere. I'm looking in the north jersey/new york area and this seems like the best deal I've found.
hmm well im in cali, my buddy just sold his 2001 crf250 for 1300, id say just look on craigslist everyday and look in your area, i drove from fresno to san diego to get my bike about a 4-5 hour drive, so id just keep looking and not be in a rush unless you NEED to get one soon, but u gotta look like everyday cuz people snag the good deals in a heart beat
Old 10-19-2010, 08:05 PM   #26
doing my thing.
kcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to behold

Firefighter: Hotshot
Name: Marco
kcbmx's Tacoma Gallery
Here in cali bikes go dirt cheap, i wanted to get rid of my 02 cr250 to make some space and i let it go for 1300, although it needed 300 in paperwork
Old 10-19-2010, 08:09 PM   #27
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcbmx View Post
Here in cali bikes go dirt cheap, i wanted to get rid of my 02 cr250 to make some space and i let it go for 1300, although it needed 300 in paperwork
thats not dirt cheap. You got a good deal on that one.
Old 10-19-2010, 08:14 PM   #28
yamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
thats not dirt cheap. You got a good deal on that one.
yea i agree

if it was a few years ago then maybe not, but now adays 2 strokes really arent worth anything, i let my 2001 ktm 250 2 stroke go for 11000 and that was like 3 years ago. its crazy how all of a sudden the 2 strokes dropped big time in wat there worth
Old 10-19-2010, 08:21 PM   #29
Nitronick will become famous soon enoughNitronick will become famous soon enough
Name: Nick
Nitronick's Tacoma Gallery
really? cuz 2 strokes in oregon are super high! people are asking 1800 all the time for 01's 250 but mostly just the cr250r.
Old 10-19-2010, 08:26 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitronick View Post
really? cuz 2 strokes in oregon are super high! people are asking 1800 all the time for 01's 250 but mostly just the cr250r.
really? thats weird yea here in cali no one really wants a 2 stroke anymore, all my friends that are hardcore 2 stroke guys are even getting rid of them and getting ktm 525s and 450s
Old 10-19-2010, 08:32 PM   #31
Nitronick will become famous soon enoughNitronick will become famous soon enough
Name: Nick
Nitronick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
really? thats weird yea here in cali no one really wants a 2 stroke anymore, all my friends that are hardcore 2 stroke guys are even getting rid of them and getting ktm 525s and 450s

weird..haha

well at least i think 1800 is alot of money for an 01, when you can get a 250f or 450f like 06 07 all day for under 3k.
Old 10-19-2010, 08:42 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitronick View Post
weird..haha

well at least i think 1800 is alot of money for an 01, when you can get a 250f or 450f like 06 07 all day for under 3k.
o yea thats alot for an 01, yea i got my 05 yz450f and 05 yz250f for 2800 each and that was two decembers ago
Old 10-19-2010, 08:48 PM   #33
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
hello.

The XR hondas cannot be killed. they are like cockroaches nothing can fuck those bikes up. Althought I am not personally familiar with the 350, I know alot about the 400s and 250s.

Its a solid bike, but not worth 1000 bucks. I would say 7-800 bucks would be fair. Also theres this stuff called SG1, it can make any bike look brand new no matter how old so dont be decieved if it just "looks clean". if it has a magnetic drain plug(all bikes should IMO) check it and look for long strands of metal.

Happy buying
Old 10-19-2010, 08:53 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmrider View Post
hello.

Also theres this stuff called SG1, it can make any bike look brand new no matter how old so dont be decieved if it just "looks clean". if it has a magnetic drain plug(all bikes should IMO) check it and look for long strands of metal.

Happy buying
agreed, also if they just changed the graphics or/and plastics it makes the bike look brand new
Old 10-20-2010, 06:52 AM   #35
Daudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Daudio's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmrider View Post
hello.

The XR hondas cannot be killed. they are like cockroaches nothing can fuck those bikes up. Althought I am not personally familiar with the 350, I know alot about the 400s and 250s.

Its a solid bike, but not worth 1000 bucks. I would say 7-800 bucks would be fair. Also theres this stuff called SG1, it can make any bike look brand new no matter how old so dont be decieved if it just "looks clean". if it has a magnetic drain plug(all bikes should IMO) check it and look for long strands of metal.

Happy buying
Quote:
agreed, also if they just changed the graphics or/and plastics it makes the bike look brand new

That's the only thing I am a little nervous about with this thing, looks almost TOO clean for what it is, might have just put lipstick on a pig. I'm going to see it later this afternoon, hopefully it is legit
Old 10-20-2010, 11:47 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daudio View Post
That's the only thing I am a little nervous about with this thing, looks almost TOO clean for what it is, might have just put lipstick on a pig. I'm going to see it later this afternoon, hopefully it is legit
check the frame out, wheels, bars, and forks make sure everything is straight. and start it up see how many kicks it takes to start, and it shouldnt be warmed up already, if it is then he started it right before u got there
Old 10-20-2010, 12:02 PM   #37
AnnihilatePrime is on a distinguished road
AnnihilatePrime's Tacoma Gallery
Bad Ass Bike

That was the first dirt bike I ever purchased new. I gave it to my dirt bikeless friend about 5 years ago. The engine was only rebuilt once in about 2000 or so. It is running perfectly to this day. Granted, I did have it bored out to near a 400. It is a great trail/plonk around bike and like they say, change they oil and plugs every year if it needs it or not. A thousand would be high though, but it does look in great condition.

Daudio is on crack. I know other people who have owned that model as well. Never, ever an overheating problem. My riding was waaay Nor Cal and Desert So Cal.

If you can get a great price on it, do so. Or let me buy it.

Coop
Old 10-20-2010, 12:13 PM   #38
He who angers you conquers you
Unknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
LOL
Old 10-20-2010, 12:34 PM   #39
Ah... So he is.

He contradicts himself sorta by first not knowing a lot about dirtbikes, then at the bottom of the page post claiming that 350's suck it.

Ooopss... Just looked again. Sorry I accused you of being on crack Daudio. I didn't actually notice you were quoting t4daddy. t4daddy is the one on crack.
Old 10-20-2010, 12:43 PM   #40
That appears to be an '85 by the way- It has a front disc brake. I don't believe the '83 or '84 did. It also DOES HAVE a better cooling system/oiling system and single carb which is waay easier to tune/adjust than the previous dual carb setup. The digital "Enduro Computer" appears to be gone/missing though. That kinda sucks. That worked really good for speedo, timekeeping, hours, milage, etc.