Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Good price for this dirtbike??

Old 10-19-2010, 04:19 PM   #1
Daudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Daudio's Tacoma Gallery
Good price for this dirtbike??

I don't know anything about dirt bikes I have actually only ridden one one time but it looks like fun so I think I'm just gonna buy one. I don't know what is what or what is a good price, I do know that I am looking to buy a four stroke. I came across this on craigslist and it looks pretty clean for how old it is. I don't want to spend a ton of money on my first one. If anyone out there that rides or knows anything about them please help me out and tell me if this is a decent deal or not. Thanks

This is what the CL add reads:

1984 Honda XR350R very good condition, have receipts for new parts. Runs very well, New tires, swing arm, bushings, decals, new decompression cable, new toolbag, new lights/toggle switch. Serious buyers only. $1000 Firm.

Old 10-19-2010, 04:21 PM   #2
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
that really looks like a good specimen.....
Old 10-19-2010, 04:22 PM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
For the year of this bike, $1,000 is probably high based on kbb and NADA but that thing looks clean! If it runs well I'd take it for that price. Those bikes are notoriously bullet-proof.
Old 10-19-2010, 04:23 PM   #4
Daudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Daudio's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by crf69 View Post
that really looks like a good specimen.....
Pull the trigger?
Old 10-19-2010, 04:25 PM   #5
He who angers you conquers you
Unknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
I barely got a 2006 kx250f for 2000, keep looking around
Old 10-19-2010, 04:25 PM   #6
Daudio's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
For the year of this bike, $1,000 is probably high based on kbb and NADA but that thing looks clean! If it runs well I'd take it for that price. Those bikes are notoriously bullet-proof.
I tried to find what it was worth on KBB but I couldn't find a section for dirt bikes, that's why I posted it here. Will this be enough for me for my first bike or do you think I will out grow it quickly?
Old 10-19-2010, 04:25 PM   #7
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

crf69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daudio View Post
Pull the trigger?
see what the absolute lowest you can get it for.....then i'd say go for it that bike will run forever and parts are really easy to get
Old 10-19-2010, 04:26 PM   #8
Daudio's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conekiller View Post
I barely got a 2006 kx250f for 2000, keep looking around
What would you pay for this one?
Old 10-19-2010, 04:26 PM   #9

crf69's Tacoma Gallery
and it doent have crazy power but good enough power to get around and have fun.....i rode a xr400 before
Old 10-19-2010, 04:29 PM   #11
Daudio's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by crf69 View Post
and it doent have crazy power but good enough power to get around and have fun.....i rode a xr400 before
I don't think I need crazy power, just gonna be running around on some trails close to my house, not really planning on doing anything serious with it.
Old 10-19-2010, 04:30 PM   #12
Timicha
Timicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TIM
Timicha's Tacoma Gallery
i'd say thats a fair price for an xr350 if its EXCELLENT condition. i'd say 700 is what he should be asking for. my friend had an xr350 for years and it was an awesome bike and never had any problems
Old 10-19-2010, 04:31 PM   #13
WRECKLESS for Life...
Wreckless_71 will become famous soon enough

Law Enforcement: Reserve County Sheriff
Name: Justin
Wreckless_71's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, that bike is really clean looking from the pictures you're showing. I've had XR's in the past and they really are bullet-proof. Plus it's a honda, pour fuel in the top and change the oil, it'll run forever. If this is the bike your heart is set on, offer the guy $750 and work him a little bit. Never give anyone full asking price, people always mark up accordingly. Motorcycles are going really cheap right now.
Old 10-19-2010, 04:32 PM   #14
STLTaco09 has a spectacular aura aboutSTLTaco09 has a spectacular aura aboutSTLTaco09 has a spectacular aura about
STLTaco09's Tacoma Gallery
Around 700 might be decent. This is awesome though - brings back memories. I had a 1984 XR500R (twin carbs, etc). That thing was a MONSTER! Man that bike was fun. I bought it in 1997 or so for $950 if that gives you any idea. It wasn't in excellent condition, burned oil, etc. I know you're looking at a 350, but they are good bikes.
Old 10-19-2010, 04:35 PM   #15
Daudio's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timicha View Post
i'd say thats a fair price for an xr350 if its EXCELLENT condition. i'd say 700 is what he should be asking for. my friend had an xr350 for years and it was an awesome bike and never had any problems
From all of the ones I've been looking at this one looks like its in the best condition, especially for being that old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wreckless_71 View Post
Yeah, that bike is really clean looking from the pictures you're showing. I've had XR's in the past and they really are bullet-proof. Plus it's a honda, pour fuel in the top and change the oil, it'll run forever. If this is the bike your heart is set on, offer the guy $750 and work him a little bit. Never give anyone full asking price, people always mark up accordingly. Motorcycles are going really cheap right now.

Yea, I'm definitely not paying $1000 for it but I will pay close to it if everything is what it seems. I can't find anything for around $750 that looks this nice
Old 10-19-2010, 04:36 PM   #16
Daudio's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLTaco09 View Post
Around 700 might be decent. This is awesome though - brings back memories. I had a 1984 XR500R (twin carbs, etc). That thing was a MONSTER! Man that bike was fun. I bought it in 1997 or so for $950 if that gives you any idea. It wasn't in excellent condition, burned oil, etc. I know you're looking at a 350, but they are good bikes.
Thanks for the reply, I didn't know what kind of reputation these bikes had but I do now. I think I'm gonna do it.
Old 10-19-2010, 04:38 PM   #17
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Those bikes are notoriously bullet-proof.[/quote]

The 350 are the very worst of all the XRs, known for overheating and actually melting the dip stick in the crankcase. I've owned three XRs, (83' 200r, 85' 250r, 00' 400r) all have been great bikes. Had a couple buds with the 350s and both had problems, just keep looking.
Old 10-19-2010, 04:39 PM   #18
Daudio's Tacoma Gallery
Just talked to him, I'm going to check it out tomorrow afternoon with a friend that rides. If everything is legit I'll be coming home with it. Thanks for the help fellas!!
Old 10-19-2010, 04:39 PM   #19
yamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Royce
yamaha73's Tacoma Gallery
like everyone said i think 700 might be a decent deal, i wouldnt pay 1000 though wen u could probably find like a 99 four stroke for like 1200 or 1300
Old 10-19-2010, 04:41 PM   #20
Daudio's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by t4daddy View Post
Those bikes are notoriously bullet-proof.

The 350 are the very worst of all the XRs, known for overheating and actually melting the dip stick in the crankcase. I've owned three XRs, (83' 200r, 85' 250r, 00' 400r) all have been great bikes. Had a couple buds with the 350s and both had problems, just keep looking.[/quote]

Shit, where were you 5 minutes ago? ahaha. O well I'm gonna go see it, I'll go from there. Worst comes to worst it's not a ton of money so if I do take it and it needs some work it won't be that bad.