Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Close Call

Old 10-19-2010, 07:21 PM   #1
HeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant future

Name: Jacob
HeadlampRevamp's Tacoma Gallery
Close Call

So on my way home from work today a black cat runs out in front of my truck so I slam on the brakes to avoid it. I really didn't think anything of it. I get back up to speed, and about 50 yards in front of me a little girl sprints out into the middle of the street between two parked cars, and I had to hit the brakes to avoid her as well.

I thought to myself "man, I've almost hit two things on the same street." I didn't really think about it until I got home, but I realized that the cat kept me from hitting the little girl.

I'm a big believer that everything happens for a reason. I think this was one of those situations. Somebody was looking out for me and that little girl.
Old 10-19-2010, 07:34 PM   #4
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
Buy an ARB.

Get home 30 seconds faster...
ok what?
Old 10-19-2010, 07:36 PM   #5
www.BeLikeBrit.org
fletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gary
fletch aka's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadlampRevamp View Post
So on my way home from work today a black cat runs out in front of my truck so I slam on the brakes to avoid it. I really didn't think anything of it. I get back up to speed, and about 50 yards in front of me a little girl sprints out into the middle of the street between two parked cars, and I had to hit the brakes to avoid her as well.

I thought to myself "man, I've almost hit two things on the same street." I didn't really think about it until I got home, but I realized that the cat kept me from hitting the little girl.

I'm a big believer that everything happens for a reason. I think this was one of those situations. Somebody was looking out for me and that little girl.
Yep, me too.
Old 10-19-2010, 07:39 PM   #7
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like a clear cut case of Darwinism at it's finest to me.

Seriously though, things like this make me laugh when people complain about our brakes.

They work just fine when you need to stomp on them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
ok what?
Ramming speed!