LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Top trends.......................

Old 10-20-2010, 02:51 PM   #21
The Wombat is on a distinguished road
The Wombat's Tacoma Gallery
I think there's a home entertainment gap that will soon be fixed. (i.e. google + sony teaming up), but it's gonna take a while to develop and adopt.

I personally would like to see something PC based that actually ties together all my entertainment systems and media. There's some stuff out there, but nothing as versatile as what I want to do. I've got hundreds of backed up dvds, thousands of mp3's, i use hulu, I stream over netflix, a little youtube here and there, I have several tv's around the house, laptops spread around the house, disparate sound systems per room, guitar amps and pedals, just think of all your inputs/outputs. I want them to ALL talk to each other SEAMLESSLY.

Oh, and of course my truck - i want to be able to control it all from my truck, along side the house lighting system, the security system, my coffee maker, anything with a circuit board and comms capability.

I want a real mesh network that ties everything together in my house - all of it, no exceptions. And the command and control software to run it all, from wherever I want, whenever I want, and to do it SECURELY. And I want it from a reputable vendor that will support it for life, with forwards and backwards compatibility, and a useful support line.

Once somebody breaks into that realm, there will be copycats - and an entire market will appear overnight.
Old 10-20-2010, 02:51 PM   #22
Southern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
Southern01Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbeezy View Post
thats hard to call. but what i do know is that GUYS NEED TO STOP WEARING SKINNY JEANS!! thats just homo
Me and a couple of my friends call them tighties. Its funny when you call them that to people that wear them. They get pissed lol.
Old 10-20-2010, 02:56 PM   #23
FlyingTaco will become famous soon enough
Army:
FlyingTaco's Tacoma Gallery
ooh maybe society will become obsessed with morals and values and try to bring those back to life???? Then again, why would they when they can have role models like overpaid athletes who shoot themselves with illegal guns in clubs and fight dogs and act like children all around. Not to mention the coke head stars and "situations" of reality TV. What ever happened to news that covered "news" and not opinions and views? Ok soap box is getting slippery getting down now
Old 10-20-2010, 02:59 PM   #24
theredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AM1
Name: John
theredofshaw's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colton View Post
I never watch MTV or VH1 but I agree. Only stuff on there now is "Teem mom" and other shit like that.
It seems like they are glorifying teen pregnancy....Also there are a few shows on other channels that seem to glorify students sleeping with teachers...
Old 10-20-2010, 03:01 PM   #25
rcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcbs204's Tacoma Gallery
The next big trend will be no more cell phones!!
Old 10-20-2010, 03:49 PM   #26
FlyingTaco will become famous soon enough
Army:
FlyingTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbs204 View Post
The next big trend will be no more cell phones!!
Heck yes I'll even start it if my work will let me
Old 10-20-2010, 08:12 PM   #28
surfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gregg
surfsupl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
My hope is that people learn something this time around. Most recently we had the housing bubble, the complete fallout from which we're still years from seeing, and before that it was the stock market. Both were huge money-generating events, at least on paper, with no substance backing them.

A trend towards rational thought and living within one's means would be nice, but given the current popularity of Jersey Shore I imagine we'll end up with another hollow fad that'll in the end cause more harm than good.

I'd invest in "Ow! My Balls!" if it was ever pitched as a television show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_4jrMwvZ2A

X1
Old 10-20-2010, 08:14 PM   #29
surfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gregg
surfsupl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc.SS View Post
I think green will get huge. If I could, I'd buy land between LA and San Diego just to put recharging stations on.

Interesting ..................
Old 10-20-2010, 08:21 PM   #30
REVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant future

REVHARD25's Tacoma Gallery
The next trend will be that your phone can do anything and everything...its a credit card ,laptop, phone ,game console, tv, video phone, set your coffee maker ..turn your car on...digital house keys ex...
Old 10-21-2010, 06:33 AM   #31
I phucking hate people >:(
ink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: 1st Civ Div
Name: TACO LOVER
ink junky's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by REVHARD25 View Post
The next trend will be that your phone can do anything and everything...its a credit card ,laptop, phone ,game console, tv, video phone, set your coffee maker ..turn your car on...digital house keys ex...

Then a single "smart phone" will get struck by lightning, becoming an entity of its own. Which after doing so will some how control alot of our technology with out us know so. Which will ultimately lead to our own doom....brought on by ourselves.
Old 10-21-2010, 09:37 AM   #32
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by joel0787 View Post
What I really hate about these times in particular is that every body has there face buried in their damn phones. Walking and texting, driving and texting, riding skateboard and texting, HOLY CRAP. People have their phones superglued to their hands or something.
I think Flappers (from Gulliver's Travels) should be the next big trend.

As soon as Gulliver steps onto the floating island, he is surrounded by a crowd of people. He finds them very strange even though they are of a size similar to his. Their heads are slanted to the left or right, and their clothes have pictures of either musical instruments or astronomical signs.
Gulliver learns that he is on Laputa. The people here have terribly short attention spans, so they carry around "Flappers." These are used for hitting other people during conversation in order to keep them focused.

http://www.gradesaver.com/gullivers-...uide/section5/
Old 10-21-2010, 09:58 AM   #33
flyingface is a name known to allflyingface is a name known to allflyingface is a name known to allflyingface is a name known to allflyingface is a name known to allflyingface is a name known to all

Name: Zach
flyingface's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by theredofshaw View Post
It seems like they are glorifying teen pregnancy....Also there are a few shows on other channels that seem to glorify students sleeping with teachers...
I've watched it a couple times to see what it's about and I got the impression that it is meant to de-glorify teen pregnancy, showing the hardships and difficulties associated with teen pregnancy, especially aspects like family relationships, relationships with the other parent, financial difficulties, etc.
However, MTV was never created to air shows like that.
Old 10-21-2010, 10:13 AM   #34
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingface View Post
However, MTV was never created to air shows like that.
They forgot what is means. MTV = Music Television not loser fake family show for the people that have no lives channel.
Old 10-21-2010, 10:20 AM   #35
scottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scottri's Tacoma Gallery
I'm old now (47) but I can tell you that with the exception of electronics nothing is really new, it's same recycled shit over and over again.

But stuff I'd like to see go:
Skinny jeans on men and fat chicks
Those stupid Pork Pie hats
Fauxhawks (What the fuck, just cut it into a Mowhawk and grow a pair)
20+ inch rims with rubber band tires.
Hipster dudes with skinny jeans, pork pie hats and scarves.
Old 10-21-2010, 12:42 PM   #36
ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!
Bama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bama_TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
Lol. A male camel toe!
Old 10-21-2010, 12:46 PM   #37
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottri View Post
Hipster dudes with skinny jeans, pork pie hats and scarves.
dont hate on brianr like that!
Old 10-21-2010, 01:05 PM   #38
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
dont hate on brianr like that!
Or tigerfan...

Attached Thumbnails
Top trends.......................-copperskinny.jpg  
Old 10-21-2010, 01:07 PM   #39
The Welfare Cadilac
Max-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
Max-4_Yota's Tacoma Gallery
shit on a stick

Old 10-21-2010, 01:10 PM   #40
My spoon is too Big!
xJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
xJuice's Tacoma Gallery
How is yogurt a trend? It's fucking yogurt, it's been around forever, and you eat it if you like it....
Are potato chips a trend?