Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Using a Radar Detector!!!

Old 07-24-2008, 05:50 PM   #1
Carolina Alliance
tarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
tarheelfan_08's Tacoma Gallery
Using a Radar Detector!!!

Today I got my Cobra XRS 9440 12 BAND Radar Detector with voice, and extreme range technology. I put it on and drove for about 1 hour with it! It did very good for the most part! Picked up some false readings around grocery stores with automatic doors, and security sensors! It went crazy when I passed the police station! It picked up cops in parking lots when I passed them! But I was wondering a few things! I passed a few cops at intersections and it never went off! Shouldnt it pick up the cops? Or will it not pick up moving ones! I was also wondering what all of the settings stood for and weither I should cut any of them off while others are running!
They are X, K, KA, V, S! I currently have all of them on! Am I supposed to?? ANd also what is better to drive with city, or highway! I am driving highways through the city mostly!
Old 07-24-2008, 06:04 PM   #2
Senility Rocks!
MurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Murph
MurphMan's Tacoma Gallery
Good site for learning about radar use: http://radartest.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelfan_08 View Post
But I was wondering a few things! I passed a few cops at intersections and it never went off! Shouldnt it pick up the cops? Or will it not pick up moving ones! I was also wondering what all of the settings stood for and weither I should cut any of them off while others are running!
They are X, K, KA, V, S! I currently have all of them on! Am I supposed to?? ANd also what is better to drive with city, or highway! I am driving highways through the city mostly!
Old 07-24-2008, 06:17 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance
tarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphMan View Post
Good site for learning about radar use: http://radartest.com/

Didn't help me to much! Cant find my system, and cant find anything about settings
Old 07-24-2008, 06:26 PM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Its a "Radar" detector. Not a "Cop" detector.
Only can tell when a radar is in use.
Old 07-24-2008, 06:28 PM   #5
Senility Rocks!
MurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Murph
MurphMan's Tacoma Gallery
Was meant to be more informational about radar and its use. Helps to understand why the detector doesn't work when you think it should.

Here's another link that might help. Not specific to your model, just good info.

http://www.buyradardetectors.com/info/main.aspx

Quote:
Didn't help me to much! Cant find my system, and cant find anything about settings
Old 07-24-2008, 06:33 PM   #6
silver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: COIL
silver07taco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to silver07taco
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
^What he said^
Old 07-24-2008, 06:35 PM   #7
Carolina Alliance

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver07taco View Post
^What he said^

Alright that all solves one question! Now what about what each mode does?? And also does it need to be mounted right in the center of the window or can it be a little closer to the drivers side(since that's where my power source is)???
Old 07-24-2008, 06:38 PM   #8
Beware the Puma...
swatjoe592 is just really niceswatjoe592 is just really niceswatjoe592 is just really niceswatjoe592 is just really niceswatjoe592 is just really nice

swatjoe592's Tacoma Gallery
Thats why I'm careful about leaving my radar on in the hood. I've seen radar detectors and scanners in dope houses, I'm guessing with the hopes of it will serve as some sort of cop alarm. Got to give them credit, at least they are thinking. Sneaky little bastards...
Old 07-24-2008, 06:41 PM   #9
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver07taco View Post
^What he said^

+1 He needs an electronic nose to sniff out donuts and coffee!
Old 07-24-2008, 06:51 PM   #10
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Make sure its legal to own one where you live:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9dJVcSV71Q
Old 07-24-2008, 06:52 PM   #11
Carolina Alliance

Quote:
Make sure its legal to own one where you live:
It is! I live in NC
Old 07-24-2008, 06:56 PM   #12

The end of the video is funny!!!!

They had a detector detector, mother f'ers!
Old 07-24-2008, 06:59 PM   #13
Carolina Alliance

Quote:
The end of the video is funny!!!!

They had a detector detector, mother f'ers!

Yea I got to go to Virginia tomorrow! And im going ot risk using it on the back roads! I hope i dont lose it after having it for only one day lol! But mine has the technology so that it dosent show up on cops detectors!
Old 07-24-2008, 07:21 PM   #14
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
Quote:
Yea I got to go to Virginia tomorrow! And im going ot risk using it on the back roads! I hope i dont lose it after having it for only one day lol! But mine has the technology so that it dosent show up on cops detectors!
I had one with VG2 as well and drove through VA coming from SC a few times. Thing is, they can still spot it on your dash. I usually unplugged it at the border and tossed it in my glove box to be safe, and hooked it back up when I was in another state.
Old 07-24-2008, 07:39 PM   #15
Carolina Alliance

Quote:
Originally Posted by piercedtiger View Post
I had one with VG2 as well and drove through VA coming from SC a few times. Thing is, they can still spot it on your dash. I usually unplugged it at the border and tossed it in my glove box to be safe, and hooked it back up when I was in another state.
Yea im only driving a few miles in! And its all back roads! If i was going far I would def take it off!