Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

ebay question...............going for local pick up on item i won

Old 07-24-2008, 07:47 PM   #1
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
ebay question...............going for local pick up on item i won

i won an auction for a set of wheels on ebay.....price is $100 and another $100 for shipping. i am planning on doing local pickup, so all it will cost me is $100 for the 5 wheel set. when i go to pay for the item............it all comes out to $200..........how the hell do i get outta paying for shipping and handling since im gonna pick up the wheels myself?? i have emailed the seller, from another question i had, but havent heard back yet as to what to do in this case. anyone have any ideas???
Old 07-24-2008, 07:50 PM   #2
"Living life in the FAST lane..."
05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

05PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 05PreRunner
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
i won an auction for a set of wheels on ebay.....price is $100 and another $100 for shipping. i am planning on doing local pickup, so all it will cost me is $100 for the 5 wheel set. when i go to pay for the item............it all comes out to $200..........how the hell do i get outta paying for shipping and handling since im gonna pick up the wheels myself?? i have emailed the seller, from another question i had, but havent heard back yet as to what to do in this case. anyone have any ideas???
Unless "local pickup" was offered on the listing page(or the seller agreed to free local pickup), You will unfortunately have to pay the full $200
Old 07-24-2008, 07:52 PM   #3
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05PreRunner View Post
Unless "local pickup" was offered on the listing page(or the seller agreed to free local pickup), You will unfortunately have to pay the full $200
it was on the listing page i believe, and the seller did agree to local pickup, so i guess i gotta wait for them to email me back.
Old 07-24-2008, 07:55 PM   #4
05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
it was on the listing page i believe, and the seller did agree to local pickup, so i guess i gotta wait for them to email me back.
You should recieve an invoice from the seller pretty soon......You will then know if they made the necessary changes or not. If the changes were not made, then i would contact the seller
Old 07-24-2008, 07:56 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05PreRunner View Post
You should recieve an invoice from the seller pretty soon......You will then know if they made the necessary changes or not. If the changes were not made, then i would contact the seller
alright cool!!! thanks man!! i did send the seller a message with the "send invoice" thing, so i'll let ya know!! thanks buddy!
Old 07-24-2008, 08:00 PM   #6

Quote:
alright cool!!! thanks man!! i did send the seller a message with the "send invoice" thing, so i'll let ya know!! thanks buddy!
all right.....Good Luck!
Old 07-24-2008, 08:03 PM   #7
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
i'd meet w/ him soon and pay cash...screw it!
Old 07-24-2008, 08:06 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
i'd meet w/ him soon and pay cash...screw it!
i wanted to do that, but he said he'd rather have it thru paypal. now im waiting to hear back from him.
Old 07-24-2008, 08:10 PM   #9
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i wanted to do that, but he said he'd rather have it thru paypal. now im waiting to hear back from him.
what a tool
Old 07-24-2008, 08:15 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
what a tool
you'll have that every once in a while. hopefully, he'll fix the invoice pretty soon so i can pay for the wheels, then ima go pick them up, maybe friday afternoon or so.
Old 07-24-2008, 08:50 PM   #11
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
It all depends on the seller on what they want to do, wait for his response I guess. I would also bring along a friend or someone else who'll have your back if things go awry or if some crap should happen.
Old 07-24-2008, 08:52 PM   #12
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Only will accept PayPal? I don't use ebay, but that just sounds fishy to me. Who would rather use PayPal than have cold hard cash???
Old 07-24-2008, 08:54 PM   #13
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
x2^^^^ Humanoid
Old 07-24-2008, 08:59 PM   #14

we got it straightened out.........and i can see where they'd wont money to be right in their account. they just had to fix the invoice first. im gonna try to go pick the wheels up in the next day or 2......then we'll see what i gotta do lug nut wise to make the wheels work.
Old 07-24-2008, 09:02 PM   #15
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Which wheels did you get?
Old 07-24-2008, 09:05 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalman22 View Post
Which wheels did you get?
i got these............http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Toyot...spagenameZWDVW

should look pretty cool with my silver tacoma. i know they are steelies, but i dont mind, plus, i think they look decent anyway, and the price was good. but i do think i need different lugnuts, and they ned to be black anyway.
Old 07-24-2008, 09:05 PM   #17
mark155490 will become famous soon enough

mark155490's Tacoma Gallery
If u have to give him the full 200 when he give them to you bust him in the mouth and take a 100 back
Old 07-24-2008, 09:06 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark155490 View Post
If u have to give him the full 200 when he give them to you bust him in the mouth and take a 100 back
!!! nah, its all worked out now!!
Old 07-24-2008, 09:40 PM   #19
Founder Socaltacomas.com

Those rims are nice for the price!!! Its gonna look sweet man.
Old 07-24-2008, 09:42 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalman22 View Post
Those rims are nice for the price!!! Its gonna look sweet man.
i think it'll look cool. but i think i have decided to use the black wheels as everyday wheels, and use the alloys for my offroaders since they are in pretty rough shape anyway.