1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Ridiculous dreams...who has them?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by ItalynStylion, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Oct 22, 2010 at 9:27 AM
    Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey There's an evil monkey in my truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 DC SR5 TRD Off-road
    Weathertech front & rear mats, rear suspension TSB, Toytec AAL for TSB, Hi-Lift Jack, Bilstein 5100 & Toytec Adjustable coilovers, Built Right UCAs, KMC XD 795 Hoss Wheels, Definity Dakota MTs 285/75R16, Leer XR, Thule Tracker II & Thule MOAB basket
    I've read that if you feel yourself waking from a lucid dream, you can spin in the dream and it will put you back into the dream state. I did it once but lost control of the dream after I spun (but I didn't wake up).

2. Oct 22, 2010 at 9:27 AM
    SuperTacoma

SuperTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Clint
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2019 Double Cab SR5 4x4 Silver
    I had a dream that a small gator had gotten into my bed. But it was like the short squaty kind, it looked sort of like a cookie jar style. I chased him out and for some reason even though he was way away from the house I kept chasing him. Now I am surrounded by the big real looking gators. At this point I realize it is a dream and I can do pretty much whatever I want. So i took car of them with a small tree I yanked out of the ground.
    Weirdest dream:
    Started with a news story on TV about Aliens had landed. So I am securing the house. Loading all of the guns and boarding the windows etc.
    Some how I realize they are after all of our RainX. I happen to find some bottles and they are the size of a 55 gallon drum but by golly it fits in my back pocket. Well we get chased into the attic above my old HS Gym (we did have an attic in the school anywhere). But we eventually get out and end up in a bar.
    Well they come to the bar but lucky for me my bar stool has a motor and I drive away and the damn thing can do over 200 mph and not tip over.Then when it was getting good the alarm went off.

Classic line does anyone know it:
    Character: I had a dream
    Buddy: Is it the one where you are getting chased by a 1,000 naked women and they are throwing little pickles at you?
    Character: NO!!!!

3. Oct 22, 2010 at 9:41 AM
    98tacoma27

98tacoma27 is going full "SANDWICH" Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Not Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    05 Tundra SR5 (+295k AND COUNTING), 2006 F350 King Ranch 6.0L
    Some stuff. Not a lot, just some.

Is it the same thing/person chasing you?

4. Oct 22, 2010 at 9:52 AM
    HondaGM

HondaGM CallSign Monke

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    South-Pole, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2023 access cab V6
    i have alot of dreams about falling

5. Oct 22, 2010 at 9:54 AM
    98tacoma27

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Not Beech Creek
    Vehicle:

Freud would have fun with that.

6. Oct 22, 2010 at 10:06 AM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    Google "lucid dreams" you can learn to control your dreams.

pretty wild stuff. I tried it for a few weeks. my dreams kept getting weirder and more in depth.

7. Oct 22, 2010 at 10:13 AM
    ItalynStylion

ItalynStylion [OP] Sounds Gooooood

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    DFW, Tx.
    Vehicle:
    09 Double Cab TRD Sport 4x4
    Nope.

8. Oct 22, 2010 at 10:30 AM
    achirdo

achirdo I Weld!

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    North DFW
    Vehicle:
    06 dodge ram 3500 5.9 cummins
    latley all of my dreams have been while i was asleep in school. for some reason all i can ever dream about is being in what ever class i am in and learning about the same subject but something wierd or freaky will happen.

like i was in english class dreaming about being in english then another teacher came into the class saying that a student stabbed a dagger through his door. i woke up and was like wtffff

then another time in math i had a dream that my teacher pulled out a pieces of dolphin skin out of her desk...and she is kinda wierd so i guess it was something i thought that she would do

then another dream i remember is i was on an airplane and there was a hole cut in the bottom of the airplane right where my feet where so i put my feet down and drug them across the ground keeping the plane from taking off. the pilot was yelling at me to put my feet up but i wouldnt

then another that i have had several times is that ghosts from my neighnors house are casing me around my house (when i was younger i believed my neighbors had graves in their backyard) i would run upstairs then in an attempt to get away i would jump off of the banister and i would just float there in mid air. then i wake up

9. Oct 22, 2010 at 10:33 AM
    98tacoma27

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Not Beech Creek
    Vehicle:

The meaning of these dreams (and post) is that you should get more sleep at night so you can stay awake in English class. :D

10. Oct 22, 2010 at 10:42 AM
    2TRunner

2TRunner Snoop Dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    My House Usually
    Really like the evade and survive analogy. Not scary, but intense dreams. I typically don't remember my dreams but if I do they usually are along those lines.

Do these dreams of evading/surviving ever do a "restart" where you try and figure a different way around? Mine do that a lot.

11. Oct 22, 2010 at 11:12 AM
    THExBUSxDRIVER

THExBUSxDRIVER Victory is reserved...

Member:
    First Name:
    GOO5E
    Vehicle:
    Old Man Tan!
    Not enough.
    Everyone dreams, even if you think you didn't, you did.
    yup scary as hell. last time that happened I swear I thought I was dead, it just felt like something invisible is holding me down and covering my mouth.

Anyways, I do have this re occurring dream that I'm floating through space and a hube big red couch while god is talking to me and he shows me the whole freakin cosmos in a glass cube that he keeps in the middle of his room...cool shit. And one time we did go car buying haha, I forgot most of that dream though.

Mine hardly ever make sense.....maybe why I love remembering them.

12. Oct 22, 2010 at 11:37 AM
    Gr8WhiteTaco

Gr8WhiteTaco bishes love my haircut

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    SOLD 02 Double Cab TRD 4x4
    2005 Mazda 3S hatchback
    ok I'm gonna try to recap some of my dreams from over the years.
    1. This one happened during freshman yr of High School. It took place in the downtown area of my small home of Madisonville. I was the only person there and just walked around. But the weird thing was that all of the buildings were covered with water faucets and spigots. As I walked around, I noticed that some of the faucets were turned on so I would go turn them off, but after awhile I noticed that monkeys would crawl out of the little half-windows in basements, turn on the faucets when I wasn't around, and then crawl back into the windows like ninja's. So I basically spent my whole dream in my personal hell turning water faucets off for eternity as frigging monkeys continually turned them on. It was a sucky dream, but my friends loved it and always bring it up.
    2. This one happened a few months ago. Now every fall my youth group I help with goes on a retreat to a camp in the mountains, and apparently this dream was derived from the retreats. So I don't remember what was going on in the dream for us to be doing what we were doing(maybe war, zombies, apocalypse, whatev), but we(40-60 people) were at our youth room at the church and got some news about some event, and my youth pastor told me that I and the other youth leaders/helpers need to get all of the students up to the camp in the mountains, but to be very careful because of the event. So we loaded up as many people into the trucks in the parking lot and headed up to the mountains. I just remember that most of us had firearms and were scared out of our minds that we're gonna be under attack. So we finally get to the camp and I make everyone set up a HQ in the lodge and then it started snowing like crazy. Someone told me that the zombies/hostiles were trailing us, so I made everyone hike up to the top of the mountain where it was safe while some of us stayed behind to encounter any resistance. We never encountered anything directly, but there were signs of catastrophe everywhere.
    3. I just had this dream the other night. Think it was because I've been seeing the saw previews on the tv lately. In the dream, it seemed that I was by myself but felt like some Jigsaw-ish character was lurking. I was in this old industrial building/factory and was told that I was locked on a certain floor and the only entry/exit point was a open cargo elevator, zombies and hostiles were coming for me if I didn't escape quickly. Well I decided that I would demolish the elevator so the enemies couldn't get to me, and would take my chances finding another exit. The only tool/weapon I had was a hack saw. So I get to work on damaging the elevator. Since I only had a hand saw, I decided to compromise the integrity of the frame to where when the elevator went down to pick up the hostiles, it would carry them some but would eventually break and the floor would go crashing down due to overloading the capacity of the weakened elevator. What I didn't know was that the hostiles were coming in waves and had guns so the remaining ones shot at me through the flooring, and in the end I ended up being shot to death.
    These are just some of my dreams that stand out. I've had MANY dreams set in a catastrophic/apocalyptic setting where I've been encountering zombies and militias. Also had dreams that seem like their very similar to reality but has a major factor that separates it from reality, almost like Inception. I'm amazed by what I dream up and its like a video game or movie that always keeps me on my toes. I'm kind of addicted to dreaming.

13. Oct 22, 2010 at 11:47 AM
    ItalynStylion

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    DFW, Tx.
    Vehicle:
    lol, that's awesome. What kind of car was God shopping for?

Dude, freaky that you posted that. I almost said that in the post you quoted.

For example, I find myself in a huge oval room with no doors and two escalators (both going down) that sort of make an X as they descend from the ceiling. Then, out of fucking nowhere, the Nemesis guy from Resident Evil 3 drops out of the ceiling and the "boss music" starts.

So of course the first thing any reasonable being would do would be to hit the "O" button and check your inventory. I've got a rocket launcher, grenade launcher, magnum and extra ammo, and like 10 Aid-Sprays. I'm just packed to the brim with awesomeness. But the fight goes like shit and he ends up getting the better of me. As I'm about to die I wake up.

*Intermission....aka: get up go to the bathroom*

Once asleep the whole thing starts over again. Only this time, I check my inventory and I have nothing but a knife...worst weapon in the whole game. Thinking I'm fucked but whatever. But then I'm kicking the crap outta him! And as I'm beating him up I realize he's really my old band instructor Mr. Womble!

But yeah, it's like "second chance" dreams where you get to learn from your mistakes.

(Nemesis for those who aren't familiar)

[​IMG]

14. Oct 22, 2010 at 11:53 AM
    MTgirl

MTgirl too many frogs, not enough princes... Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Weesa
    Bob's secret mod lair
    Vehicle:
    Then: 12 T4R SR5 Now: 99 - 3.4L SR5 4WD
    Wheeler's/Alcan 5-pack leaf springs, OME 881's, de-badged, Jungle Fender Flares, Herculined bed, HomerTaco grille, Anzo headlights, clear corners,
    weird dreams? plenty.

as long as I can remember I have always had the same dream when I'm sick, usually if I have a fever. I never have this dream any other time. In the dream I'm just standing in a room with a checkerboard tile floor and its sort of dark so I can't see any walls or a ceiling. I start wandering around, I think I'm looking either for people that I know or for a way to get out of the room. As I start to wander the floor starts to shift and heave, sort of like walking on a trampoline or something. Then things start falling on me from above, usually...and this is the really strange part...silverware. Giant forks and spoons crashing down on me. So I start running, which is difficult because the floor is still moving, and trying to avoid the forks and spoons. And I just keep running and running and I never come up to a wall or a door or anyway to get out.
    Can anyone explain that one to me?

Also, when I dream and there are other people in my dream I don't see their faces. Doesn't matter if its someone that I know or not. They never have faces.

15. Oct 22, 2010 at 12:00 PM
    2TRunner

2TRunner Snoop Dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    My House Usually
    I sleep like crap in general, but for me, during these I'm not waking up and then going back to sleep. More like playing a video game and hitting restart. It never really gets to the end before you see you're fucked, then like a flash, it's happening again.

The themes of these are always very dark themed though, I can't remember speicifics or anything like that though.

16. Oct 22, 2010 at 12:04 PM
    ItalynStylion

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    DFW, Tx.
    Vehicle:
    You have watched Beauty and the Beast far too many times. That last bit is interesting though; I've read that means something specific but haven't the degree to remember.

Interesting. Yeah I wake up, reflect, then go back under for round two.

17. Oct 22, 2010 at 12:07 PM
    THExBUSxDRIVER

THExBUSxDRIVER Victory is reserved...

Member:
    First Name:
    GOO5E
    Vehicle:
    Old Man Tan!
    Not enough.
    I don't quite remember but I know I tried talking him into getting a truck, ended up getting that super car lexus made I think its called the lfa...sweet car

18. Oct 22, 2010 at 12:17 PM
    MTgirl

Member:
    First Name:
    Weesa
    Bob's secret mod lair
    Vehicle:
    Wheeler's/Alcan 5-pack leaf springs, OME 881's, de-badged, Jungle Fender Flares, Herculined bed, HomerTaco grille, Anzo headlights, clear corners,
    Nope, its not Beauty and the Beast flashbacks. I've had that same dream for over 25 years :). I just wish I could figure out why its always silverware?

The only movie related dream that I've ever had was that I used to be terrified of ET. As a kid I would have nightmares that he was coming after me and taking me back to his planet. To this day I still can't watch that movie, gives me the creeps!

And the face thing bothers me. I've read several explanations for it...things like I keep people at a distance (fear of letting people too close to me), I don't value personal relationships, etc.

19. Oct 22, 2010 at 12:20 PM
    Toyotacrawler

Toyotacrawler She's got the jimmy legs

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Cusseta/Opelika AL
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma DC TRD Sport
    5100's set to 1.75" Wheelers 3 leaf progressive AAL & 5100's for the rear Konig Countersteer Offroads K&N Drop in WeatherTech's Bed Mat Blacked out Badges Rear leaf TSB
    I have a recurring dream where "Nemesis" pictured above in a previous post, is leading a pack of "Super Mutants" pictured below, and they are chasing me with chainsaws. The weird thing is one of them has a popsicle. I always notice it and think WTF? I'll wake up, and once I get back to sleep it starts over again. No matter how hard I try I can't outrun them. As soon as Nemesis grabs me by the back of the neck, I wake up. :notsure: I have this dream maybe once a month.
    [​IMG]

20. Oct 22, 2010 at 12:22 PM
    MTgirl

Member:
    First Name:
    Weesa
    Bob's secret mod lair
    Vehicle:
    actually its quite common for guys to not remember their dreams, on the other hand its very strange for a woman not to remember. something about the portion of the brain that controls/stores that information.

Products Discussed in

To Top