1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Having hard time moving on...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by 04LTtacoma, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Oct 22, 2010 at 5:41 PM
    04LTtacoma

04LTtacoma [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oregon
    So my gf and I broke up about 3 months ago... It wasn't mutual at all, she broke up with me. Now I am figuring out why she really broke up with me. I can go to work and not thinking about her, I can go to school and not think about her. When I am at home I think about her a lot.
    Lots of you are going to say there are a lot of fish out there. I have dated a few of them as well, but none of them even compare to her. I took a girl out on a date to see a movie and treated her to some dinner. You know I had a fun time in all.
    This new guy my ex is going out with is not good. Him and I were kinda friends back when I was dating my gf but I don't look at him as a friend. Not trying to be rude or anything but he is being a butt hole. I don't even know why the heck she find him attractive... We don't ever talk... I want to talk to her but I know it is going to go down hill even more. I want to build a friendship but I know that we can't have a friendship now. Now I sorta wish we had never went out because when we were just friends I had a good time.:) I didn't need her to be my gf. We just naturally liked each other before we became gf or bf. I was friends with her for about 1 year before we dated.
    I had probably the best memories with her of all the girls I dated. She is the one who introduced me to snowboarding. I love snowboarding and I am glad she took me to the mountain to learn. She would come by the shop while I was working on the truck. She went wheeling with me a few time. I got to know her family pretty well, now they don't want to do anything with me. :(
    The less I see her the more I can move on with my life and I forget about her. When she comes talk to me it bugs me so much. She is so beautiful. Not trying to be rude but I am going to have to blow her off everytime she tries to talk to me.
    Say what you guys want to say. I don't care

2. Oct 22, 2010 at 5:47 PM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    Yeah man, you need some time apart... I'm only friends with one of my ex's and it took a year of not talking at all before we spoke and another 6 months after that to be friends. You're young, let her go, completely and things will fall into place. May not seem like it now but you'll get there.

3. Oct 22, 2010 at 5:48 PM
    rab89

rab89 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ross
    Kelowna b.c canada
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCLB TRD Sport
    well, any reason you can't go to another city for a few months? stay with some family or friends. your only 20, there can't be that much holding you back...

4. Oct 22, 2010 at 5:51 PM
    JDMcQ

JDMcQ Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    The Mushroom Capital of the World
    I will say this slowly

Grow...a...pair...and...go...get...laid

5. Oct 22, 2010 at 5:52 PM
    BakoTruck

BakoTruck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    Bakersfield, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner TRD
    Here you go.........

[​IMG]

6. Oct 22, 2010 at 5:55 PM
    solus

solus HOME!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Bremerton, WA
    Vehicle:
    RR 4wd SR5
    You're 20! it sucks but damn man... don't be her friend... waste of time.

thats just a straw you are grasping at... just forget her and keep searching for the next one

7. Oct 22, 2010 at 5:55 PM
    BlueXenon

BlueXenon Well-Known Member

Member:
    Los Angeles and Newport Coast
    Vehicle:
    2009 Magnetic gray TRD sport (SOLD) 2004 Radiant Red TRD Off Road (SOLD)
    Pro Comp 6" Stage 2 lift, N-Fab nerf bars, tinted windows, debadged, 6000k xenon headlights, 18" ProComp 7089 Wheels in black with BFG AT KO 33's, SnugLid tonneau cover, Line X'ed TRD skid plate. SOLD! Waiting for the 3rd Gen!
    LMFAO!

8. Oct 22, 2010 at 5:56 PM
    1337Taco

1337Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2015 4X4 Manual
    You will move on. It will take time but you will, there are better people out there. I've been where you are at and it's tough, but things will get better.

9. Oct 22, 2010 at 5:57 PM
    1337Taco

1337Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2015 4X4 Manual
    And I completely agree with this, all nice guys just get f@cked in the end. It sucks, haha.

10. Oct 22, 2010 at 5:57 PM
    04LTtacoma

Member:
    Oregon

The last time I saw her was a few days ago. I have been staying away from her for sometime. I don't want to see her for a good year or two, I don't want her to know what is going on in my life. I had a facebook but I deleted it because I didn't even want to know what is going on in her life.

11. Oct 22, 2010 at 5:58 PM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco also HomerTaco Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    all kidding aside, if it has been three months and she's the one that dropped you, you need to NOT see her. AT ALL!
    Total separation is the best bet.
    Move on, as hard as it is to do - you have to. I was in a +5 yr relationship that went sour, so I know how it feels.
    FWIW - I did not meet my wife until I was 27.
    I wish you the best.

12. Oct 22, 2010 at 5:59 PM
    04LTtacoma

Member:
    Oregon

That is what I figure what I will have to do to get her off my mind.

13. Oct 22, 2010 at 5:59 PM
    Jerez

Jerez SoCal LED Dash Swap

Member:
    First Name:
    Rod
    Diamond Bar/Ontario, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD 2wd converted to 4wd
    Estock
    i feel u man...back in march my ex gf broke up with me cuz just out of the blue she was acting so different with me...n didnt wanna hang out...so we talked and argued n she broke it off...(during that whole time i noticed her texting this other dude) 2 weeks later i see her with him and i was like wtf?? so i tried to get the truth bout why she left me n then...her parents block my #, she deletes me from facebook and her life n tells me to never speak to her again...around may she tries to say hi on facebook (she got with that guy bout a month after we broke up) and shes all telling me stuff that has happened to her & blah blah blah...i tell her to not bug me cuz shes with that other guy. months go by n i start to let her go...then we talked, saw eachother and she seemed like she wanted me back (and shes still with that guy) but i told her to just leave me alone...
    3years: i loved the time i spend with her...but after all this happened i cant go back.

what u gotta do is chill with ur friends, go out with girls. dont do nething crazy man. trust me. enjoy life man. ur young like me and u gotta get her out of ur system...its a bitch at first but later on u'll be fine...

14. Oct 22, 2010 at 6:00 PM
    BlueXenon

BlueXenon Well-Known Member

Member:
    Los Angeles and Newport Coast
    Vehicle:
    2009 Magnetic gray TRD sport (SOLD) 2004 Radiant Red TRD Off Road (SOLD)
    Pro Comp 6" Stage 2 lift, N-Fab nerf bars, tinted windows, debadged, 6000k xenon headlights, 18" ProComp 7089 Wheels in black with BFG AT KO 33's, SnugLid tonneau cover, Line X'ed TRD skid plate. SOLD! Waiting for the 3rd Gen!
    Talk about self control. You did good by doing that, now stop thinking about her and go do things that will take your mind off of her. Get some new hobbies and go out and meet other girls.

15. Oct 22, 2010 at 6:01 PM
    04LTtacoma

Member:
    Oregon

Why does the nice guy get screwed at the end??? What the heck? Whatever I feel like I am taking this a lot better than her if I had broken up with her...

16. Oct 22, 2010 at 6:01 PM
    THXEY

THXEY Panda Jerk

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2013 Subaru WRX
    STi Short Shifter.OEM floor illumination kit. Rally Armor Mud Flaps. BC BR Coilovers. Invidia N1 Exhaust
    you know that saying "give her the cold shoulder"?

well as corny as it is, do that.

cut all text, email, talk, skype, page, telegraph, letters, any typ of communication off. for i would say a solid 4-6 months...by that time i guarantee she will have texted you saying "im sorry" of some sorts. believe me i have been through the same thing. within 6 months the girl texted me and i had already moved on to bigger and better things. and now i could care less about her. just tough it out for a while. you will get over it man

17. Oct 22, 2010 at 6:01 PM
    04LTtacoma

Member:
    Oregon

Thanks for your input

18. Oct 22, 2010 at 6:04 PM
    04LTtacoma

Member:
    Oregon

She won't be txt me back until her relationship with her new bf turns sour. After we broke up, she told me she was having hard time moving on. We were pretty good friend after we broke up. I saw small hints and signs that she still was interested in me. Until her new bf jumped in. She doesn't love him, I know she still has feelings for me. I don't exactly know where I stand emotinoally for her...

19. Oct 22, 2010 at 6:05 PM
    Jerez

Jerez SoCal LED Dash Swap

Member:
    First Name:
    Rod
    Diamond Bar/Ontario, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD 2wd converted to 4wd
    Estock
    work on ur truck...thats what i did. lol...it was either think bout her and mess something up, or concentrate and finish the job right

20. Oct 22, 2010 at 6:06 PM
    04LTtacoma

Member:
    Oregon

Yeah working on the tacoma really keeps my mind of her so does wheeling the truck. I have list of projects for my truck this fall so that should keep my mind preoccupied.:)

Products Discussed in

To Top