1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Girlfriend

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by rjclemen, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Oct 27, 2010 at 6:30 AM
    rjclemen

rjclemen [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Riley
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    07 Pre Runner The good looking Blue
    Tint, Bed Cover, HIDs, stubby antenna, double din system, debagded, All Terrain bedside stickers.
    I just broke up with my GF of 2 years. WE lived together and loved each other but at the end of the day it just doesn't work out for the both of us. I hope to hear some support from the community. Such a shitty day.

2. Oct 27, 2010 at 6:33 AM
    Toyota Truck

Toyota Truck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    JT
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2008 Prerunnner
    Magnaflow Muffler-TSB springs-Nuvi 265wt-aFe pro dry s filter-Husky Liners-Blue dome light-extra d-rings-OME 90000 sport struts-885 coils-N182 shocks-TSB AAL-LR UCAs-procomp black alloy rims- nitto terra grapplers-20% tint
    You both loved each other?

3. Oct 27, 2010 at 6:36 AM
    rjclemen

Member:
    First Name:
    Riley
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    Tint, Bed Cover, HIDs, stubby antenna, double din system, debagded, All Terrain bedside stickers.
    We did, just one of those things that she went into a depression state that I couldn't help her get out of and I have been basically supporting her financially and emotionally while I'm only 23. It seemed like I was enabling her to live the life she believed would help her the best. I felt like I was being used and since she was depressed she would take out all her anger on me and basically spit in my face. She is going to be moving home with her mother and hopefully get back on the right track.

4. Oct 27, 2010 at 6:41 AM
    MyYota05

MyYota05 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Muskogee, Oklahoma
    Vehicle:
    2005 Toyota Prerunner w/ TRD Offroad Pkg.
    3'' Lift Kit, Bed Rug Liner, Black Rims
    Sorry to hear about that, break ups are always hard, just remember that there is somebody out there for you, you just have to find that right person.

5. Oct 27, 2010 at 6:49 AM
    Matic

Matic The "OFG" Baby!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Tricky Dick
    Easley, SC
    Vehicle:
    1 owner 2002 TRD, SR5, DC, 2.7. Full OME suspension, STT pro's.
    OME 881 coils with OME nitrochargers shocks up front. TC UCA's OME Dakars with extra leaf in the rear. Warn 8000 winch with 80ft custom braided synth line. Custom 60ft synth extension. All pro tube bumper, Hi-lift jack, Safari Snorkel, Wilco tiregate. 2019 Jeep JLUR.
    Sorry to hear man. Been there 5-10 times myself. At 43 I am still looking.
    Dont take it to hard and try not to get to attached. Sucks not having a regular around this late in life but I do what I want, when I want, answer to no one but myself.
    Good luck.

6. Oct 27, 2010 at 6:50 AM
    757southpaw

757southpaw Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Vehicle:
    07' DC LB TRD Sport 4x4
    BAK BakFlip Tonneau cover, 30% front tinted windows, AVS vent shades, Black Billet Grill,Pop& Lock, secondary air filter removed, Goodyear Duratrac's, Billies @ 2.5" on front, Billies on back w/ 1.5" AAL, Toytec Diff drop, NOKYA Hyper Yellow fog light bulbs, LaminX Weathertechs, Rear diff breather mod, BHLM
    If you're still friends with her you should suggest she see a Dr. to get diagnosed for depression so that she may got on medication for it. Sorry about the break up but you'll get over her in time and at least she's not the one breaking your heart

7. Oct 27, 2010 at 6:56 AM
    Namyo

Namyo -

Member:
    Not an expert at relationships....sucks being depressed in one i know....hope the happy returns for the both of u with out happy pills. :humble:

8. Oct 27, 2010 at 6:59 AM
    Toyota Truck

Toyota Truck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    JT
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2008 Prerunnner
    Magnaflow Muffler-TSB springs-Nuvi 265wt-aFe pro dry s filter-Husky Liners-Blue dome light-extra d-rings-OME 90000 sport struts-885 coils-N182 shocks-TSB AAL-LR UCAs-procomp black alloy rims- nitto terra grapplers-20% tint
    Oh. I see...Well maybe it was for the best. Still really hard though. Depression can change some one into a totally diffrent person. I wish you the best.

9. Oct 27, 2010 at 7:04 AM
    rjclemen

Member:
    First Name:
    Riley
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    Thanks for the kind words. It is a tough time right now. But hopefully over the next couple days I can get over her.

10. Oct 27, 2010 at 7:07 AM
    Joben7726

Joben7726 wes mantooth ™

Member:
    First Name:
    Joben
    Western PA/Va Beach
    Vehicle:
    Trail limo
    more than list-able
    hey man, listen, i am 25, have one, possibly two kids with my now Ex wife. i know how you feel. just be glad you didnt marry her, Divorce is hell. better to know now, than later on. you'll pull through.

11. Oct 27, 2010 at 7:10 AM
    Matic

Matic The "OFG" Baby!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Tricky Dick
    Easley, SC
    Vehicle:
    OME 881 coils with OME nitrochargers shocks up front. TC UCA's OME Dakars with extra leaf in the rear. Warn 8000 winch with 80ft custom braided synth line. Custom 60ft synth extension. All pro tube bumper, Hi-lift jack, Safari Snorkel, Wilco tiregate. 2019 Jeep JLUR.
    The word "depression" to me is someone having a bad month.
    The word "bi-polar" is simply a bunch of bullshit. They didn't have "bi-polar" 10 yrs ago. It was depression.
    Depression to me is having no source of income to feed myself, living in a cardboard box down by the railroad tracks.
    Anything above that and I am just having a bad day. So sick of doctors and medical science thinking of new names to come up with so that they can put you on meds and take you or your health ins co for more money.
    Not quite I understand the whole "depression is a disease" thing. My mom has it and lives in a $200000 house and doesnt work and my dad supports her and everything else. She has 2 chihuawas and all she has to do is look after them.

12. Oct 27, 2010 at 7:12 AM
    1337Taco

1337Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2015 4X4 Manual
    It's something you don't understand unless it happens to you.

13. Oct 27, 2010 at 7:15 AM
    rjclemen

Member:
    First Name:
    Riley
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    I was in a deep depression during high school and was able to pull through. But it is something that has to be done on your own.

14. Oct 27, 2010 at 7:23 AM
    BrokenTusk

BrokenTusk I support a velociraptor free workplace.

Member:
    First Name:
    Marcelasaurus
    AB, Canada
    Vehicle:
    The Scarlett Whore
    Check Build Thread!!
    Hey Sunshine,
    I have actually been depressed my whole life. Lovely thing to inherit genetically from a run away father. My brain doesn't naturally produce the feel good endorphines people normally get. Yes I have been through numorous tests to prove it. No I don't use meds, no I dont bitch or cut or say "Oh my lifes so bad". It's just a constant natural sadness. But I found out in high school that working out creates the missing seratonin in the brain. Even something as little as 5 min of yoga a day and I feel like a million bucks.

That said, even I agree that 85% of those that are "Depressed" are just using it as a crutch. I know enough people who've switched onto antidepressants to live their life. I can say with every one of them that theres psychological issues they use the pills to hide behind. Antidepressants are like an Advil. They dont cure anything they just put a bandaid on it.

15. Oct 27, 2010 at 7:25 AM
    BrokenTusk

Member:
    First Name:
    Marcelasaurus
    AB, Canada
    Vehicle:
    The Scarlett Whore
    Check Build Thread!!
    To the OP, sorry to steal your thread. If your ex is seriously depressed then she needs to find a better release to feel better about herself then raging on people. You did the right thing, hopefully one day she'll come around. If not, then be comfortable in knowing that you really did do your best to help her, but it's just something out of your control that she needs to figure out.

16. Oct 27, 2010 at 7:28 AM
    mjp2

mjp2 Living vicariously through myself Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Milton Juevo Portimous II
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    '06 TRD Access Cab, v6, 6-speed
    Scaffolding and a painted grill
    You'll both grow from the experience. It's not an easy thing, but it's healthy.

17. Oct 27, 2010 at 7:31 AM
    Matic

Matic The "OFG" Baby!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Tricky Dick
    Easley, SC
    Vehicle:
    Losing a $70k a year job at age 36,burying my grandfather and getting divorced all in 3 months. Yea. I think I been there.
    It's hard man, i'm not sayin it aint but I been there. It's all about how you deal with it.
    I drove 240 miles to my divorce hearing and when I returned my parents were in my drive way informing me that my grandfather, my hero and mentor had passed away.
    OP you will do ok. Thoughts and prayers sent.

18. Oct 27, 2010 at 7:33 AM
    Matic

Matic The "OFG" Baby!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Tricky Dick
    Easley, SC
    Vehicle:
    +1

19. Oct 27, 2010 at 7:33 AM
    BrokenTusk

Member:
    First Name:
    Marcelasaurus
    AB, Canada
    Vehicle:
    The Scarlett Whore
    Check Build Thread!!
    Yea, Agreed. Life just kicks you in the pants sometimes. Always get back up and learn from the experience.

20. Oct 27, 2010 at 7:45 AM
    1337Taco

1337Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2015 4X4 Manual
    I'm sorry for your losses and you are tougher than most, but most people can't cope and deal with issues in their life and they actually do go into a depression where they can't function as a productive member of society. I'm just saying it does exist, it's not something that is just made up.

Products Discussed in

To Top