Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Leasing a Tacoma?

Old 10-29-2010, 12:35 PM   #81
cummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cummins6speed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkeller View Post
That's what I was going to say. $45k for a tacoma?!
Old 10-29-2010, 12:36 PM   #82
MAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MAXTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
He's in Canada where everything cost alot more.
Old 10-29-2010, 12:37 PM   #83
cummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXTacoma View Post
He's in Canada where everything cost alot more.
100% more?!
Old 10-29-2010, 12:51 PM   #84
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by noneck180 View Post
Yeah we get hosed...Its the most loaded one you can buy we have the leather package model,..plus we have to pay 10% tax..
Can you come to the states, buy one and bring it back?
Old 10-29-2010, 01:03 PM   #86
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=noneck180;2331731]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nd View Post

Do what you want..I paid cash for mine..$45000..so I don't care..I liked leasing because I like new vehicles..I don't need equity of my truck..I have cash, savings,pension,RRSPs etc,,..so no..I can buy what I want when I want.
I am just saying equity is not in your vehicle..it can be sold great..sure then what you going to drive..a pedal bike??
nah, you can get a decent car for 10k. my first car was a 1990 bmw and i got it for 6k with 138k miles on it. drove it for 7 years and the odometer stopped at 250k a few years before it was totalled. you can buy a decent car if you dont mind used. all i ever had to do to it was replace the clutch at one point. btw, i forgot you canadians have to pay out the ass for vehicles. that blows.

Quote:
Can you come to the states, buy one and bring it back?
people use to do that, but if im not mistaken the canadian gov' but a stop to that.
Old 10-29-2010, 01:05 PM   #87
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
These are the reasons I get kind of pissed..when I see a lot of guys bitching about price of things lol..I chew a tin of Cope a day..they are $20 here..lol,
shit! you need to pick up a cheaper habit. seems like free basing blood diamonds would be cheaper than dipping in canada.
Old 10-29-2010, 01:33 PM   #88
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
LOL..and my drinking.lol..$55 I think for a 66oz..$25 for a dozen beer..$4.75 in the bar..I also want apologize to everyone for yesterdays antics..stressed out,,TGIF.
I was joking about the language. But thanks anyway.
Old 10-29-2010, 01:45 PM   #89

Suddenly I don't want to move to canada anymore
Old 10-29-2010, 01:59 PM   #90

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
LOL..and my drinking.lol..$55 I think for a 66oz..$25 for a dozen beer..$4.75 in the bar..I also want apologize to everyone for yesterdays antics..stressed out,,TGIF.
you should switch to some of that good ole canadian ganja you guys are known for
Old 10-29-2010, 04:26 PM   #91
Ding King has a spectacular aura aboutDing King has a spectacular aura aboutDing King has a spectacular aura about

Ding King's Tacoma Gallery
Leasing is for broke-ass, stupid fuckers. There, someone said it. Have a nice day!
Old 10-29-2010, 05:08 PM   #92
MAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ding King View Post
Leasing is for broke-ass, stupid fuckers. There, someone said it. Have a nice day!
Nice, you've just showen everyone reading how intelligent you are!
Old 10-29-2010, 05:28 PM   #93
Ding King has a spectacular aura aboutDing King has a spectacular aura aboutDing King has a spectacular aura about

Ding King's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXTacoma View Post
Nice, you've just showen everyone reading how intelligent you are!

WTF is showen. You are a dipshit.
Old 10-29-2010, 05:32 PM   #94
Dimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
Dimonback's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What are the pros and cons of doing this?

A dealer I was at the other night said:
  • There is no interest while leasing.
  • All money goes straight toward the price of the vehicle.
  • If after the miles/years are up I can decide to buy for the leftover amount.
  • If I decide to buy there continues to be no interest.
What is true?

There has to be a catch since this is way better than just buying it from the start. I have never leased before. Set me straight. Thanks
I call bullshit.
Old 10-29-2010, 05:47 PM   #95

Quote:
WTF is showen. You are a dipshit.
Well I wouldn't consider the people who lease broke-ass, stupid fuckers.... I'm not broke! Grow up please and dont post on this site until you do. I guess you never learned how to give your opinion and be respectful to others.
Old 10-29-2010, 06:29 PM   #96
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: STEVE
bajamoon's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Having gotten my Law degree..I would not consider myself either..watch your mouth..
i agree. ding dong needs to stfu. If you have nothing good to add move on.
Old 10-29-2010, 07:11 PM   #98

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
not called for. intelligent people can debate and discuss. ignorant jackasses resort name calling and insults when they dont get their way. stop being a jackass
Old 02-23-2014, 10:18 PM   #99
ZZBlueComet is just really niceZZBlueComet is just really niceZZBlueComet is just really niceZZBlueComet is just really niceZZBlueComet is just really nice

Name: John
ZZBlueComet's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Not really. At the end of the term they give you the option of buying but usually it is more than what it is worth.
Not with mine. I purchased a 4x4 Off Road pkg for $32K and got a 4-year lease for $295 per month (included my initial taxes/fees). I had a trade that had $4K residual. When my lease is up, the residual for my Tacoma will be $16,700 and I can buy it.

I was not in a financial situation to buy it when I leased it. So, I've spent $14,160 on the lease and will pay $16,700 to purchase it - that's about $31K and whatever interest I incur when I give the 16,700K. The list price on the the truck new was around $33K. I've had 2 years of free service and when the 48 year lease is up, I'll have about 35K on the truck, I keep one like new.

I'm going to buy it after the lease. I can't walk away, after investing $14K into the lease and keeping the truck like new (and I love the truck). If I walked away (June of 2015) and tried to buy a 2011 Tacoma 4x4 (loaded TRD Off Road pkg) with 35K, it would cost me around $25K and it would've been driven by someone I don't know. If I buy my lease, it'll be in perfect shape, have my upgraded sound system, have 35K and will be mine for $16,700 - for my situation, that's what I'll do.