1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Washington D.C. & Virginia area for Christmas?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Killer, Nov 2, 2010.

1. Nov 2, 2010 at 9:56 AM
    Killer

Killer [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Mobile, Al.
    Vehicle:
    98 4x4 TRD V6 3.4L SR5 XCab Gold with Tan Int
    19,000 Original Miles, Factory Alarm, Factory Tow Package, Low Profile UWS Black Tool Box, 20ft. of Dynamat Xtreme, Pioneer Double Din DVD 3200BT, IPod Holder, Q Form Kick Panels, 3 Pairs of MB Quart component speakers, JL Audio Stealthbox, Alpine PDX-5 amp, PIAA Foglights, WeatherTech Floor Mats, Maxxis Big Horn Mud Tires 32 x 11.5 R x 15, Wet Okole Seat Cover for 60/40 Bench, 5100's Front & Rear, Wheeler's Single Leaf AAL, Warn 8,000 Winch, Warn Transformer Brush Guard, Stebel Nautilus Compact Horn
    I am thinking about taking my 2 teenage sons (14 & 15) to Washington D.C. and Virginia area for Christmas this year.

Please give me any suggestions, since I have never been there.

2. Nov 2, 2010 at 10:01 AM
    KCin HBCA

KCin HBCA 2020 TRD Sport 4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Huntington Beach
    Vehicle:
    2020 Dbl Cab TRD Sport 4x4
    Will you be staying with family and/or friends... or hotel?

If you are hotel-ing it I would stay across the river in Crystal City. It's right on the Metro line so its easy to get around.

The great part about DC is all the museums are free. I lived in the area for 4 years and didn't see everything!

I'm sure some of the members from there will chime in and give you updated info... just throwing my .02 in.

3. Nov 2, 2010 at 10:09 AM
    TacoCat

TacoCat These pretzels are making me thirsty

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnny-5
    Chantilly, VA
    Vehicle:
    22 JLUR 6MT
    Definitely go visit the museums and monuments. If you get outside the DC area there is the Air and Space Museum near Dulles Airport if they are into that stuff they'll like that place. It's got the space shuttle, sr-71 blackbird, enola gay, and the concorde...along with tons of other airplanes and whatnot.
    If you're into sports you could go watch a caps game or go watch the redskins and/or wizards lose.

4. Nov 2, 2010 at 10:14 AM
    Killer

Killer [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Mobile, Al.
    Vehicle:
    98 4x4 TRD V6 3.4L SR5 XCab Gold with Tan Int
    19,000 Original Miles, Factory Alarm, Factory Tow Package, Low Profile UWS Black Tool Box, 20ft. of Dynamat Xtreme, Pioneer Double Din DVD 3200BT, IPod Holder, Q Form Kick Panels, 3 Pairs of MB Quart component speakers, JL Audio Stealthbox, Alpine PDX-5 amp, PIAA Foglights, WeatherTech Floor Mats, Maxxis Big Horn Mud Tires 32 x 11.5 R x 15, Wet Okole Seat Cover for 60/40 Bench, 5100's Front & Rear, Wheeler's Single Leaf AAL, Warn 8,000 Winch, Warn Transformer Brush Guard, Stebel Nautilus Compact Horn
    We are hotel-ing, since I don't know anyone that lives in the area.

My youngest son likes shows, plays and museums.

My oldest son wants to snow ski and drive anything that smokes.

So it is very hard to plan a vacation and for both of them to get along.

Products Discussed in

To Top