1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wanting opinions from the PD on this forum.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by luk8272, Nov 12, 2010.

1. Nov 12, 2010 at 8:01 AM
    luk8272

luk8272 [OP] Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    07 Silver4dr. 4x4, V6 Shortbed
    5% Tint, Bug flector, vent Visors, Removed secondary air filter, Rear Spring TSB w/ Wheeler's Add A Leaf HD Pack, Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Toytec 3" lift up front with Total Chaos UCA's, Debadged, Billet Grille,TRD Offroad rims/17x9 Pro comp 6001 rims, Duratracs 265/75/16 or 285/70/17, Fog light anytime mod, Tailgate hose clamp mod, Pro-dry AFE filter. Extended Differential Breather, ABS on/off, 6000k LEDs from CSJumper, heads/fogs, ScanguageII, Devil horns, Devil horns on third brake light, Mounted 60" Highlift, Mounted Tool Box, Wet Okole Front/Rear Seat Covers, TW sticker, Midland Handheld CB,Painted engine cover, Revenge Fab Sliders, ARE Topper, Weather tech Floorliners, Camper shell, ultimate headlight upgrade. URD -3° exhaust cam gears, .5" XTP Intake spacer. Custom dents.
    I'll lay it out. I have an elderly neighbor that complains about dogs barking. The police continually show up to my house to warn me, however when they arrive they (pd) say its not my dogs causing the issue. But will eventually have to give me a citation if it continues. WTF. So today I went talk to the police chief, he cannot for some reason give me the law that my dogs are barking. I believe here that there is a time say 8pm to 8am and a time limit that the animals must be witnessed barking with in, to warrant a citation. I do not meet any of these criteria, the PD has always showed up before 7pm.

Don't they have to witness the actions in this case? Because they say my dogs aren't the issue when they are here yet still say they will one day have to do something.
    I have contacted, in person the chief and called the court house to find out the law on this subject, no luck what so ever. The chief says I'll just have to get the citation and then see a judge, at which time he believes it will be thrown out. The court house says ask the Chief. WTF.

Oh and this particular neighbor has 2 dogs behind her, 3 front, 2 on each side and my dogs about 135' in front down the road. I just want to know why the officers always come to my house. There are numerous dogs that bark more and louder than mine.

2. Nov 12, 2010 at 8:07 AM
    UticaClub

UticaClub Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Utica, NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Sport
    TRD CAI, TRD Exhaust, Yakima Rack, Satoshi Mod, Grillcraft Insert, FJ40 Emblem, Hella 500 Driving Lamps, KMC HD Hoss 17x9 rims, BF Goodrich AT KO 265/70/17
    Feed the neighbor to the dogs, problem solved.

3. Nov 12, 2010 at 8:11 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
  4. Nov 12, 2010 at 8:23 AM
    zeeya2000

zeeya2000 Cajun Taceaux

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    Bad-Ass PreRunner
    Flowmaster super 10 series turndowns/ Volant CAI system/ Alpine deck, Alpine bass speakers throughtout with tweeters, Alpine PLT-5 Sub/ Blacked out front bumper and door handles/ 5% and 20% tint/ Bilstein 5100 adjustable shocks all the way around with a 1.5'' block lift in the rear/ also removed my running boards and mudflaps/ Blacked out badges - TRD windshield banner - TRD third brake light cover (all courtesy of SockMonkey)
    What an old hag. its not even happening to me and it pisses me off. you must really hate life if you call the police because a dog is barking. She should move or deal with the barking. Anyways i think we are trying to setup a trailride/camping trip go check out the Louisiana forum to help out

5. Nov 12, 2010 at 8:34 AM
    iSTIZO99

iSTIZO99 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Jax, FL
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Sport 4x4 DC/SB
    Have you talked to your neighbor directly?

6. Nov 12, 2010 at 8:37 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    If her claims are legit and the dog is barking a lot or maybe she's complaining to the wrong neighbor? We don't know the whole story.

I'd be pissed off if a dog in my neighborhood was barking all the time. If you own a dog, you need to control your dog and prevent it from barking. Keep the dog inside.

7. Nov 12, 2010 at 8:43 AM
    luk8272

luk8272 [OP] Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    5% Tint, Bug flector, vent Visors, Removed secondary air filter, Rear Spring TSB w/ Wheeler's Add A Leaf HD Pack, Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Toytec 3" lift up front with Total Chaos UCA's, Debadged, Billet Grille,TRD Offroad rims/17x9 Pro comp 6001 rims, Duratracs 265/75/16 or 285/70/17, Fog light anytime mod, Tailgate hose clamp mod, Pro-dry AFE filter. Extended Differential Breather, ABS on/off, 6000k LEDs from CSJumper, heads/fogs, ScanguageII, Devil horns, Devil horns on third brake light, Mounted 60" Highlift, Mounted Tool Box, Wet Okole Front/Rear Seat Covers, TW sticker, Midland Handheld CB,Painted engine cover, Revenge Fab Sliders, ARE Topper, Weather tech Floorliners, Camper shell, ultimate headlight upgrade. URD -3° exhaust cam gears, .5" XTP Intake spacer. Custom dents.
    I agree with you 100% janster! My problem is that the dogs aren't doing the excessive barking. It is the 2 German Shepards behind me and to her East. They bother me but I don't personally find it's that bad. However she is alot closer to them than I. I have no issue with........say I was speeding and a cop gave me a ticket, well I know what I was doing wrong however if I weren't speeding and recieved a ticket I would challange it. This is the same case.

8. Nov 12, 2010 at 8:45 AM
    toytacoma22

toytacoma22 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    COS
    3" Icon Lift, TC UCA, OME Dakars, Allpro front and rear bumpers.
    How often are the police showing up? Can you leave your dogs somewhere else and when the police show up you can say well thats funny because my dogs have not been here in so many days. Followed by telling them to tell that bitch she can stick it in her ass!

9. Nov 12, 2010 at 8:46 AM
    luk8272

luk8272 [OP] Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    My dogs bark when someone shows up to my house, when I get to the door and talk to the people the dogs understand the people are ok and just go back to being lazy dogs. The Cops are telling me that my dogs aren't the problem, yet that they will have to do something if they have to keep coming. Its as if they are just taking her word for it. Well thats not how it works, if I call the cops and say I saw you speeding and give them your address, they can't show up to your house and give you a ticket.

10. Nov 12, 2010 at 8:48 AM
    luk8272

luk8272 [OP] Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:

They hadn't been here in over 9 months but showed up twice in 3 days. Mainly because they were showing up while I was still at work.

11. Nov 12, 2010 at 8:52 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Start setting off fire crackers.......She should forget about the dogs.....

12. Nov 12, 2010 at 8:52 AM
    luk8272

luk8272 [OP] Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:

Yes I spoke with the couple this morning. They tell a different story than the poliec. But I have know these people for my entire life, their sketchy. She said that she is calling on the barking, not my dogs imparticular. Then I asked why would the cops always come to my house. She said all she says is that there are dogs barking. Later in her conversation she says it the "pit bulls" barking. I have 2 outside and my neighbor has 1.

Oh and Janster I can't but those two dogs in my house! They are outside dogs and behave really well. I have other neighbors that are closer physically to my dogs and they said they don't even hear them barking. I go outside numerious times a night to find my dogs sleeping and other dogs barking.

13. Nov 12, 2010 at 8:54 AM
    luk8272

luk8272 [OP] Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:

It won't be long before we have to do things the old fashion way, seeing as how the legal route is failing me. I have found out that I can start a petition to get them out of the neighborhood. That's not what I want but maybe it will help in court if that day comes. You know the whole neighborhood would sign it stating that they are frivolous and cause their own issues. I'd never want it enforced just as a backup. Hell even the Mayor has had issues with these people.

14. Nov 12, 2010 at 9:13 AM
    ScubaCougr

ScubaCougr Active Member

Member:
    Pacific NW
    Vehicle:
    '08 PreRrunner
    nerf bars
    There's your solution.

If you get a ticket, take these people to court with you as witnesses.

Similar thing in my NH. My neighbors were always getting ratted out. Only I was home 24/7 (unemployment sucks) and could verify it was dogs in other nearby houses. Told the neighbors if Animal Control came by again to send them my way for the straight dog poop.

15. Nov 12, 2010 at 9:14 AM
    luk8272

luk8272 [OP] Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    Janster thanks for that link. Seems like because of the same issues I am having with the law they will get it on the back side when and if court time comes. Atleast it is a case where hopefully they have to prove me guilty, which is certainly in my favor. I feel her issue is credible because we have so many dogs in the neighborhood. Individually none of the dogs are an issue but as a whole it would possiblly seem non stopped. Not only that but we are also so close that 1 stray cat causes an up roar for a short time. Which can seem over whelming.

16. Nov 12, 2010 at 9:17 AM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    THIS! especially at night outside her house!

17. Nov 12, 2010 at 9:17 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    Good luck with that. Why bother wasting your time?. It's your word againest theirs. The legal system isn't gonna care especially if there's nothing illegal occuring on both sides. Until the pollice actually camp out to observe the area 24 hours a day for days on end - there's probably nothing you or they can do.

Have you researched any of this online - local dog barking laws & such?

If you try to do something else to counter-act it....it could lead to some sort of harrassment (depending on what it is).

How long has she lived there? Is she new there? If not, then why all of a sudden have they started complaining?

18. Nov 12, 2010 at 9:33 AM
    luk8272

luk8272 [OP] Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    The idea of the petition was brought to my attention by the chief of police and the secretary at the court house. The reason I would use it is to show that she has a history of petty calls. With their behavior and treatment of the other neighbors it would be easy to do.
    The Internet hasn't helped me with my small town. They cover the larger cities, however our local laws are apparently different and secret. I have talked to the chief of Police, court house, Rabies control, City Hall.
    Harassment is another issue. I'll explain in a bit.
    She has lived here for 20yrs. I was born and raised here. They have always had issues with all of the neighbors. Just started on me for some reason last year.

Harassment explained here.
    *She has yelled at me for shoveling up dog poop and piling it up in the corner of my yard.
    *A friend of mine was too drunk to drive so he left his truck in my empty lot next to my house, he went home with some friends. she called the cops and said I couldn't do that. The cops came over and asked what was going on. Laughed and left.
    *And within the last year called about dogs barking, in my opinion with out just cause.
    *Her other neighbors, Called on them because they child was riding the bike on the road in front of their house. They live on a dead end, large paved circle
    *Called or a guy for starting his bike in the morning to go to work.
    *Called because people were parking in the loop, not blocking anyone's driveway.

Oh and I don't see any of it as a waste of my time.............I see it as being proactive and ready. If this does get ugly. If my dogs are picked up for some reason they will be put to sleep because of their breed. Then we will go to court and find out that I was within the limits of the law. And what good will that do me. I don't breed my dogs they are just family pets.

19. Nov 12, 2010 at 9:43 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    So, she's lived in that very same house for 20 years?

You've lived in that very same house for 28 years? Who owns your house? Did your parents move out and you now own the house?

So, you've been fighting a legal battle with these people for 20 years?

20. Nov 12, 2010 at 9:47 AM
    mj918

mj918 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Meg
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Off Road Sliver
    3" Toytec Ulitmate Lift 285/70 Wrangler Duracturs 17" American Racing wheels TRD SUPERCHARGER!!! :) TRD Catback to come . . .
    Well put. Totally agree :thumbsup:

Products Discussed in

To Top