Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

The Gas Market - BUY? BUY? BUY??

Old 08-04-2008, 08:01 AM   #1
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
The Gas Market - BUY? BUY? BUY??

I don't follow the oil situation and/or the gas prices at all - firguring - it's really never a good time to buy gas now-a-days.

Anyone else feel like you're playing the stock market?

The prices have dropped a bit - from $3.97 down to $3.71 per gallon.

I've got a half tank of gas .... Do I wait for the prices to lower even further? Or should I buy now!!??

Are prices on a retreat for a bit?
Old 08-04-2008, 08:07 AM   #2
David Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David Tarantino's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
I don't follow the oil situation and/or the gas prices at all - firguring - it's really never a good time to buy gas now-a-days.

Anyone else feel like you're playing the stock market?

The prices have dropped a bit - from $3.97 down to $3.71 per gallon.

I've got a half tank of gas .... Do I wait for the prices to lower even further? Or should I buy now!!??

Are prices on a retreat for a bit?
about 3.66 in n.j. for about a week now
Old 08-04-2008, 08:20 AM   #3
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tarantino View Post
about 3.66 in n.j. for about a week now
Really where at, I am in South Jersey and the cheapest I have seen is $3.71. Really doesnt matter I guess my light came on the way to work so I need gas regardless.
Old 08-04-2008, 08:29 AM   #4
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
buy buy buy!

I just buy it when I need it. I know the "cheap" places and I go there when I'm getting close.
Old 08-04-2008, 08:31 AM   #5
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
A $0.26 drop in fuel prices will save you $5.20 on a full 20 gallon fil-up. At half a tank, obviously, you're only saving $2.60. It's not worth trying to time the purchase of gasoline for your personal vehicle.

It's DEFINITELY not worth driving around searching for the station that's $0.01 or $0.02 less than one you just passed. You're saving almost nothing at that point. (I know you didn't say you were doing that... just pointing out an absurdity I've seen in my friends and family.)

Best thing to do... get a gas station credit card. We have a BP card that saves 5% at all BP stations (tons of them near my house and work). It's the only credit card we have, and we use it exclusively for fuel and online purchases (b/c I'm wary of using a debit card online).

All of the major gas station chains have a card that will give you 5% back. Even 5% isn't much, but it's a way to save a few bucks w/o worrying about 'timing the market.' When gas is $3.75/gallon, I'm really paying $3.56 b/c of the discount. At $4, I was really paying $3.80.

Hope that was helpful.
Old 08-04-2008, 08:47 AM   #6
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
It's dropped from $4.29 down to $3.96 around my house over the last 2 weeks so I'm thinking it's going down for a little while at least. Remained the same for several weeks, then started the drop. So I'm kinda hopeful. My next question is "are propane and fuel oil going down too?" since I'll need heating oil soon, and propane has doubled since last summer.
Old 08-04-2008, 08:53 AM   #7
David Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David Tarantino's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer J View Post
Really where at, I am in South Jersey and the cheapest I have seen is $3.71. Really doesnt matter I guess my light came on the way to work so I need gas regardless.
Denville nj
Old 08-09-2008, 05:11 AM   #10
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
Think of buying stock in said company, then every tank you fill up, your paying yourself, and so is everyone else.
Old 08-09-2008, 05:42 PM   #11
MikeS. will become famous soon enough

MikeS.'s Tacoma Gallery
Down about 40 cents here. Thankfully.
Old 08-10-2008, 05:23 AM   #12
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Just filled up..... it was $3.59. Not bad.

Gawd, that's pretty sad when you're happy the prices drop 30cents and theyr'e still well above $3.

And for the next tank? Where will the prices be?

Any quesses?
Old 08-11-2008, 05:45 AM   #14
Hot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Pat
Hot Tamale's Tacoma Gallery
In Allentown, PA over the weekend I was able to get it for $3.63 a gallon.
Old 08-11-2008, 05:58 AM   #15
Tacoma World Ring Leader
klown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

klown's Tacoma Gallery
I just drink a case of beer and piss in the gas tank. Fills up the whole tank with 93 octane piss. I get 35 MPG this way.
Old 08-11-2008, 05:58 AM   #16
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
Newark Valley, NY is down to $3.89, but five miles away in Owego it's probably 3-5 cents cheaper. In Ithaca where I worked I passed one station that went back up to $4.03.... WTF?!
Old 08-11-2008, 09:38 AM   #17
nagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of light

Army: 173rd Airborne, Pathfinder, MACV
Name: George
nagelg's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to nagelg
$3.52 here this week.
Old 08-11-2008, 11:47 AM   #19
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
I'll get excited when it's back down to $1.25 a gallon. Damn that stuff got expensive fast.