1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Snakes on my pool deck!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Khaos, Aug 5, 2008.

1. Aug 5, 2008 at 5:27 PM
    Khaos

Khaos [OP] Big Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryant
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD SPORT Prerunner
    3” spacer lift, 285/75/17 KO2, Spidertrax 1.25” spacers
    Saturday night I went to take my dogs out before going to bed. The older one, Roxy was in the corner of the pool deck sniffing around while hunter was outside in the grass taking a piss. We have a pool that is screened in (which is quite common/nice in Florida). All the sudden I hear Roxy start growling and barking in the way she does when a deer enters our property (Schnauzers where bred as guard dogs in Germany as well as Ratters). Well I look to see what all the commotion is and I see a snake all coiled up. Goddamn thing was black, red, and yellow (we all know the ryme, I had it mixed up) so I yell at Roxy to go inside while I go to retrieve the shovel to kill this sumbitch (it was on my property). By the time I have returned with a shovel prepared to do battle, the god forsaken creature is gone. I'm guessing it was a Northern Scarlet Snake.

Fast forward to Today. About 20 or so minutes ago I hear Roxy at the back door growling and barking as she always does when something is on our property that should no be. I go to the door and I see a big 'ol Black Racer coiled up on the pool deck. I go out to the garage to grab my shovel and I come back to see my Dad doing battle with the thing (that was mighty pissed off) using a fireplace poker. By the time I had grabbed some shoes the snake had retreated back to the woods behind our house.

Thats twice in four days there has been snakes in the area of our pool. Which has never happened in the 5 years living in this house. Its also twice in four days Roxy alerted me to this situation. I love that Dog.

Next occurance there will be pics and hopefully video. The shovel has now moved to the pool deck for future battles.

2. Aug 5, 2008 at 5:38 PM
    deadbolt

deadbolt do w3rk!

Member:
    Socal
    Vehicle:
    08 Dbl Cab 6spd 4x4 TRD Off Road
    Black Headlights, HIDs, Tinted Fogs, Powdercoated Black Wheels, 5100s @ 2.5", Diff drop, AFE Exhaust, AFE Stage 2 Intake, Black Emblems/Grille, LED Tail lights, 265/75/16s Good Year Duratracs
    Sounds crazy man.. funny how you call it a battle. Hope you get them next time. And good thing no one was hurt. Snakes are dangerous! Especially if they are on a plane!

3. Aug 5, 2008 at 5:42 PM
    EquinsuOcha

EquinsuOcha Bourbon

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    Ft Worth, TX
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner
    AFE Drop-in filter, Wet Okole seat covers, Hifonics 6.5" components in front, MA Audio midbasses in rear, Kicker 8", RE Audio 2 channel for components, Elemental Designs bridged 2-channel for sub, CB, Devil Horns, Rancho QuickLift, Rancho RS9000XL rear shocks, Toytec AAL, stickers, things and stuff.
  4. Aug 5, 2008 at 5:56 PM
    beastlytaco

beastlytaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ian
    Vehicle:
    08 Access Cab SR5
  5. Aug 5, 2008 at 5:57 PM
    rick

rick `

Member:
    lmao. get a cat. but i hear ya 05taco i see snakes all the time and i hate them more each time i see them. my stupid cat will bring 1 into the house on occasion

6. Aug 5, 2008 at 8:45 PM
    tex

tex Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fort Worth, TX
    Vehicle:
    2006 V8 Sport 4Runner
    you can buy this stuff at Lowes called snake repelent. It i granuals and it smells like moth balls. I have sprinkled some on our front and back porch to try and keep gekos from gathering and getting into the house. I really don't mind them but the wife cant stand them.

7. Aug 5, 2008 at 8:58 PM
    mudslingin44

mudslingin44 Well-Known Member

Member:
    west palm beach, fl
    Vehicle:
    07 tacoma double cab trd 4x4
    6 in pro comp coilover-35 in pro comp extreme mudders
    red touches yellow,kills a fellow(corral snake) VERY BAD
    red touches black,friendly jack (king snake) NOT BAD

8. Aug 5, 2008 at 9:34 PM
    EquinsuOcha

EquinsuOcha Bourbon

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    Ft Worth, TX
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner
    AFE Drop-in filter, Wet Okole seat covers, Hifonics 6.5" components in front, MA Audio midbasses in rear, Kicker 8", RE Audio 2 channel for components, Elemental Designs bridged 2-channel for sub, CB, Devil Horns, Rancho QuickLift, Rancho RS9000XL rear shocks, Toytec AAL, stickers, things and stuff.
    In all seriousness...

I hope you praised Roxy. She needs to know that growling at a possible threat is the right thing to do.

9. Aug 6, 2008 at 5:21 AM
    Khaos

Khaos [OP] Big Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryant
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD SPORT Prerunner
    3” spacer lift, 285/75/17 KO2, Spidertrax 1.25” spacers
    Believe me, I did. She's a great dog.

Products Discussed in