Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Snakes on my pool deck!

Old 08-05-2008, 05:27 PM   #1
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Snakes on my pool deck!

Saturday night I went to take my dogs out before going to bed. The older one, Roxy was in the corner of the pool deck sniffing around while hunter was outside in the grass taking a piss. We have a pool that is screened in (which is quite common/nice in Florida). All the sudden I hear Roxy start growling and barking in the way she does when a deer enters our property (Schnauzers where bred as guard dogs in Germany as well as Ratters). Well I look to see what all the commotion is and I see a snake all coiled up. Goddamn thing was black, red, and yellow (we all know the ryme, I had it mixed up) so I yell at Roxy to go inside while I go to retrieve the shovel to kill this sumbitch (it was on my property). By the time I have returned with a shovel prepared to do battle, the god forsaken creature is gone. I'm guessing it was a Northern Scarlet Snake.

Fast forward to Today. About 20 or so minutes ago I hear Roxy at the back door growling and barking as she always does when something is on our property that should no be. I go to the door and I see a big 'ol Black Racer coiled up on the pool deck. I go out to the garage to grab my shovel and I come back to see my Dad doing battle with the thing (that was mighty pissed off) using a fireplace poker. By the time I had grabbed some shoes the snake had retreated back to the woods behind our house.

Thats twice in four days there has been snakes in the area of our pool. Which has never happened in the 5 years living in this house. Its also twice in four days Roxy alerted me to this situation. I love that Dog.

Next occurance there will be pics and hopefully video. The shovel has now moved to the pool deck for future battles.
Old 08-05-2008, 05:38 PM   #2
do w3rk!
deadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

deadbolt's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds crazy man.. funny how you call it a battle. Hope you get them next time. And good thing no one was hurt. Snakes are dangerous! Especially if they are on a plane!
Old 08-05-2008, 05:42 PM   #3
Bourbon
EquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
EquinsuOcha's Tacoma Gallery
Old 08-05-2008, 05:56 PM   #4
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
"im getting sick and tired of these mutherf@#!%ng snakes on this mutherf@#!ng plane!"
Old 08-05-2008, 05:57 PM   #5
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
lmao. get a cat. but i hear ya 05taco i see snakes all the time and i hate them more each time i see them. my stupid cat will bring 1 into the house on occasion
Old 08-05-2008, 08:45 PM   #6
tex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
tex's Tacoma Gallery
you can buy this stuff at Lowes called snake repelent. It i granuals and it smells like moth balls. I have sprinkled some on our front and back porch to try and keep gekos from gathering and getting into the house. I really don't mind them but the wife cant stand them.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:58 PM   #7
mudslingin44 will become famous soon enough

mudslingin44's Tacoma Gallery
red touches yellow,kills a fellow(corral snake) VERY BAD
red touches black,friendly jack (king snake) NOT BAD
Old 08-05-2008, 09:34 PM   #8
Bourbon
EquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
EquinsuOcha's Tacoma Gallery
In all seriousness...

I hope you praised Roxy. She needs to know that growling at a possible threat is the right thing to do.
Old 08-06-2008, 05:21 AM   #9
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EquinsuOcha View Post
In all seriousness...

I hope you praised Roxy. She needs to know that growling at a possible threat is the right thing to do.
Believe me, I did. She's a great dog.